It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Saucers,Ghosts And Strange Creatures Are "Psychic Thought Forms" Projected From Our Minds

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

and whenever one report surfaces in town of a bigfoot or ufo sighting,then everyone starts "thinking" about it and then suddenly they are seen all over the place and then the sightings start to die down and fade away, as soon as people stop thinking about them...that is a fact in the majority of cases...

This is hard to prove as fact. How does one come up with the proper data to prove a connection between mass thinking about big foot and large scale sightings of big foot? We can count any number of people that say they saw big foot durring a certain time and within a certain area but it would be fankly impossible to gather data on the number of people "thinking" about big foot in that same area and time frame. Keel makes these claims but his conclusions are cart before the horse. He even said himself that even after the news shifted away from UFO mania to war coverage the UFO sightings continued....so he in effect disconected the corollary between news coverage and sightings and yet insists that the later sighting had to be projections. So if people stoped thinking about UFOs due to lack of new coverage why did the sightings continue? There should have been a large scale drop in the number of sightings if the driver stoped, the news stoped, which was supposed to be causing folks to think about UFOS and therefore project in the first place.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I actually think this idea could be extremely likely. The mind is powerful enough to create delusions that can destroy your perception of reality. Maybe there really is some sort of collective consciousness that can affect groups of people at the same time. I don't think this explains image's caught on film though, but I also believe that the majority of images are faked.

Yes the mind does create delusions. In fact without you knowing it your belief that the majority of Ufo images are faked would be a requirement for your line of reasoning.

But no images caught on film would have to be moved out of a discusion on this issue of projection and illusion.....to make it work. But to remove them as evidence to show the weakness of the projection idea is intellectually dishonest.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
so where are the videos and stories of seeing Santa? there is a greater belief in Santa than UFOs by children so why is there far less experiences of seeing Santa? if willing something into existence was the case then wouldn't willing something out of existence be possible? i sure haven't seen women's shirts mysteriously vanish.
very good point and i'll have to say that its because santa is not able to be conjured into our material reality by our subconscious psychic abilities...heres a link containing ufo and flying saucers photos,year by year and there are about 200 or 300 of them > ufocasebook.com...
edit on 19-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent

Originally posted by strafgod
so where are the videos and stories of seeing Santa? there is a greater belief in Santa than UFOs by children so why is there far less experiences of seeing Santa? if willing something into existence was the case then wouldn't willing something out of existence be possible? i sure haven't seen women's shirts mysteriously vanish.

damn you beat me to it with the Santa call

I think this is the case for a very small percentage of claims but as a whole there is no way this explain mass sightings.... also how would this theory explain things like the Norway lights where the UFO's and other light abnormalites were captured on remote camera's with no people around to manifest them....
there could have been a person or group of people "in the know" who conjured the norway lights or created them accidently during a seance,unknowingly projecting a thought form of the norway lights from inside a house or somewhere else near by...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

and whenever one report surfaces in town of a bigfoot or ufo sighting,then everyone starts "thinking" about it and then suddenly they are seen all over the place and then the sightings start to die down and fade away, as soon as people stop thinking about them...that is a fact in the majority of cases...

This is hard to prove as fact. How does one come up with the proper data to prove a connection between mass thinking about big foot and large scale sightings of big foot? We can count any number of people that say they saw big foot durring a certain time and within a certain area but it would be fankly impossible to gather data on the number of people "thinking" about big foot in that same area and time frame. Keel makes these claims but his conclusions are cart before the horse. He even said himself that even after the news shifted away from UFO mania to war coverage the UFO sightings continued....so he in effect disconected the corollary between news coverage and sightings and yet insists that the later sighting had to be projections. So if people stoped thinking about UFOs due to lack of new coverage why did the sightings continue? There should have been a large scale drop in the number of sightings if the driver stoped, the news stoped, which was supposed to be causing folks to think about UFOS and therefore project in the first place.
its fairly simple.lets take the 1970's ohio werewolf sightings...(1st day ...1 sighting is reported to the police)...(2nd day...3 sightings are reported to the police)...(3rd day...6 sightings are reported to the police)...(4th day...3 sightings are reported to the police)...(5th day...2 sightings are reported to the police)...(6th day...0 sightings are reported to the police)...and similiar patterns involving sightings of bigfoot,ghosts,ufo's ect,ect,happen all the time, sometimes refered to as waves,that increase and decrease in frequency. the more the town is in a panic,the more the thing is seen!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

i think that ufo's,flying saucers,ghosts,poltergeists,bigfoot and even lake monsters are actually "tulpas".psychic thought forms that are unknowingly being projected...

Or knowingly, in some cases.

After researching the alien/ufo phenomenon for years I came to this conclusion as well. That they are projections of consciousness. However, that doesn't make them exclusive from also being aliens, fairies, or whatever else we can imagine them to be. Ufos & aliens seem to be one of the more recent expressions of the same thing. Our perception of them seems to have been evolving. Graham Hancock's book "Supernatural" has some insight into this.

From my own experiences...
Sometimes it seems as if there's this other awareness that we come in contact with, but due to limitations in how we perceive information, our perceptions tend to get wonky and the connection is terminated. Through these glimpses of each other we can use the opportunity to get closer, or further as it may be. Fear is often invoked and people tend to freak out, call them demons, etc. Maybe they are, but are they really bad? Maybe we're perceiving them through a dark mirror and the information gets twisted? Like some cruel joke, but with a deeper meaning and purpose.

Remember just because it's one thing, that doesn't exclude it from also being another.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
this cosmic awareness may be the earth itself ! which might be a higher consciousness being beyond our comprehension. like the planet in the russian "solaris" movie from 1972. where the planet itself, that the astronauts were orbiting around, was able to project "temporarily real thought forms" of people extracted from the astronauts memories! > www.imdb.com... which was adapted from the 1961 polish science fiction novel,by stanislaw lem > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

its fairly simple.lets take the 1970's ohio werewolf sightings...(1st day ...1 sighting is reported to the police)...(2nd day...3 sightings are reported to the police)...(3rd day...6 sightings are reported to the police)...(4th day...3 sightings are reported to the police)...(5th day...2 sightings are reported to the police)...(6th day...0 sightings are reported to the police)...and similiar patterns involving sightings of bigfoot,ghosts,ufo's ect,ect,happen all the time, sometimes refered to as waves,that increase and decrease in frequency. the more the town is in a panic,the more the thing is seen!

This data could mean anything. It could mean the "werewolf" just got more active durring certain days....and then finaly left town. At any rate, the really big problem here is proving that these sightings were projections. They could have been real and they could represent certain sorts of folks that get carried away and thought the local dog was a wolf. But there no proof here of projection.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
it does'nt mean it could mean anything...what it means is that the more people are in fear of the thing,ufo,bigfoot, or whatever thats being seen.the more that they are talking about it and the more they are in a panic about it maybe lurking around their houses at night...the more its actually seen! and as the fear,panic and thinking about it subsides,so do the sightings...if the creature left town,who would even know that it did ? > carl jung link about ufo's > www.acufos.asn.au...
edit on 20-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I do not think these are psychic projections. I do, however, feel that some people are more open to the phenomena as someone stated before. For example, I tend to see ghosts and shadow people quite regularly. Just last night, I lay down to go to sleep, was not thinking about anything really, and yet there goes 'someone' walking from the bathroom door to the bedroom door. And it was only my fiance and I in the room, and he was asleep. So why was that 'other' person seen by me? I think because I am open to it. I did not choose to be this way, it is just how I have been my whole life.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Menrva
I do not think these are psychic projections. I do, however, feel that some people are more open to the phenomena as someone stated before. For example, I tend to see ghosts and shadow people quite regularly. Just last night, I lay down to go to sleep, was not thinking about anything really, and yet there goes 'someone' walking from the bathroom door to the bedroom door. And it was only my fiance and I in the room, and he was asleep. So why was that 'other' person seen by me? I think because I am open to it. I did not choose to be this way, it is just how I have been my whole life.
the same thing has happened to me all my life as well. they are beings from another dimension or vibrational frequency! who are all around us,just beyond our five senses and they can see us all the time and see whatever it is that we are doing and like it or not,they watch us day and night...maybe you were "unknowingly and subconsciously" thinking about them and either they "tuned into your thoughts" which gave them the ability to appear or the ability to enter our world,or you psychicly projected them into our earthly realm?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Cash and Ladrum case, people get burned by whatever object was there. Didn't know your imagination can bring objects that harm you in reality. This can only happen into someone who doesn't use science but some fairy tales or religion as a source.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Cash and Ladrum case, people get burned by whatever object was there. Didn't know your imagination can bring objects that harm you in reality. This can only happen into someone who doesn't use science but some fairy tales or religion as a source.
both real and projected paranormal events are happening,not one or the other and the case you mentioned may have been our own military and if so then that was neither projected or from space...but the cia or air force...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

what you say is true when a group of people think up a ghost,or ufo or a creature - it will materialize in the sky and move the way up and down the way you want it to. Tell it to move to the right -it will move to the right;tell it to move left-it will move left. However, these entities are life forms that really each one exists having each their own personality and particular power. They are invisible and made out of a type of matter we humans can't see. But they will manifest themselves to you (usually as a point of light and electrostatic energy ) and respond to your thoughts. These invisible points of energy have never had a flesh and blood body . Powerfull ones can enter and take over a person. Others mutillate cattle and horses to make a living body of flesh and blood for themselves to get into.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

it does'nt mean it could mean anything...what it means is that the more people are in fear of the thing,ufo,bigfoot, or whatever thats being seen.the more that they are talking about it and the more they are in a panic about it maybe lurking around their houses at night...the more its actually seen! and as the fear,panic and thinking about it subsides,so do the sightings...if the creature left town,who would even know that it did ? > carl jung link about ufo's > www.acufos.asn.au...

This is not a logical or scientific meathod by any means. Just think of it trying to hold up in court. You cant even make the assumptions you make without looking into each witness case and them maybe you might have something. The rise and fall of sighting on a graph only proves a rise and fall and untill other information is brought in like detailed witness info all you have are numbers. Its like saying people prefer hot dogs over hamburgers based on large sales of hotdogs at a ball park that serves hot dogs only.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
just imagine,the proof of god,trying to hold up in court...aliens, bigfoot ,ghosts, lake monsters ect ,ect are seen all the time...what if ufo's and flying saucers are, "benevolent,higher consciousness,disembodied entities" ,who connect/plug themselves into, the subconscious mind of psychic people and then take on whatever shape or form the person is subconsciously thinking about, as a way to try to communicate with them...but abductions might be by malevolent entities of the same type...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

i think that ufo's,flying saucers,ghosts,poltergeists,bigfoot and even lake monsters are actually "tulpas".psychic thought forms that are unknowingly being projected from out of our subconscious minds and into this material reality and they are able to take on a life of their own,for short or long periods of time,depending on how much people are "thinking" about them.this also explains why everyone of these things are never captured and seem to mysteriously come and go,in and out of our reality...

there was an author who wrote a lot of books in their home about their fictional character called "the shadow" and years after the author had died,this shadow phantom was seen by many witnesses! actually haunting the same house! because of all the intense concentration that the author had done while writing those books,all the "thinking" about this shadow character,had actually brought it to llife!...

if a large group of people could be gathered together,somewhere outside during the day or night.in a field or even an outdoor stadium and have everyone of them focus hard and really concentrate on seeing a flying saucer.something tells me that a flying saucer would actually appear and start flying around above them! and if this actually happened,have everyone then ignore it and stop "thinking" about it and maybe the flying saucer would just slowly fade away! that would be a revolutionary and fantastic experiment and not so hard to organize and try...here's an excellent and easy to read link about "this paranormal affair of our minds" > www.space-2001.net...

It kind of reminds me of Colin Andrews and his experience during crop circle investigations ("crop circles" by the way, a word Mr Andrews coined himself) The interesting part is from about 1:04:20.

Otherwise there are many much more interesting documentaries about this phenomenon at, for instance, youtube.../user/UFOTVstudios

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If my mind can project images of UFOs...why don't they look like what my mind sees and thinks of as UFOs,,,all we ever see are dots and light formations...what I see in my mind are Disks and German Saucers and the Billy Meir type...don't see those.

And if my mind can project a strong image...an image that resonates with me...How come Pamela Anderson in a red swim suit ain't being projected onto my couch right now?...How come?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I can't really speak to Big Foot or aliens because these are actual solid forms that people say they've not only seen but touched. Insofar as spirits and entities are concerned, I personally believe that these are manifestations of energy; sometimes residual and sometimes active. Everything is made up on energy and the higher the concentration, the more substantial the form can take on. Perhaps that also answers your question about why there's always an increase in sightings once one person has seen something - emotion is probably the most potent form of energy there is and if you're freaked out about something strongly enough, you're going to leave some of that residual emotional energy around for someone else to pick up on. At least that's my opinion on the matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
If my mind can project images of UFOs...why don't they look like what my mind sees and thinks of as UFOs,,,all we ever see are dots and light formations...what I see in my mind are Disks and German Saucers and the Billy Meir type...don't see those.

And if my mind can project a strong image...an image that resonates with me...How come Pamela Anderson in a red swim suit ain't being projected onto my couch right now?...How come?
because she does'nt come from the fourth dimension like aliens do...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join