It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Saucers,Ghosts And Strange Creatures Are "Psychic Thought Forms" Projected From Our Minds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i think that ufo's,flying saucers,ghosts,poltergeists,bigfoot and even lake monsters are actually "tulpas".psychic thought forms that are unknowingly being projected from out of our subconscious minds and into this material reality and they are able to take on a life of their own,for short or long periods of time,depending on how much people are "thinking" about them.this also explains why everyone of these things are never captured and seem to mysteriously come and go,in and out of our reality...

there was an author who wrote a lot of books in their home about their fictional character called "the shadow" and years after the author had died,this shadow phantom was seen by many witnesses! actually haunting the same house! because of all the intense concentration that the author had done while writing those books,all the "thinking" about this shadow character,had actually brought it to llife!...

if a large group of people could be gathered together,somewhere outside during the day or night.in a field or even an outdoor stadium and have everyone of them focus hard and really concentrate on seeing a flying saucer.something tells me that a flying saucer would actually appear and start flying around above them! and if this actually happened,have everyone then ignore it and stop "thinking" about it and maybe the flying saucer would just slowly fade away! that would be a revolutionary and fantastic experiment and not so hard to organize and try...here's an excellent and easy to read link about "this paranormal affair of our minds" > www.space-2001.net...
edit on 19-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

well i think this is definetley the case for some people
but there are a lot of cases that defy this logic.
never the less it is a real thing and another big flaw in the human psyche
edit on 19-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Have you been reading John Keel books lately? If not I suggest you do!!! Check this vid out:

edit on 19-9-2011 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Have you read, Carl Jung's Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things in the Skies?

As a child, I had a peculiar mystical experience, the details being rather mundane, but the power of it having a sense of the fantastic. Years later, a friend described an encounter with a flying saucer which matched, in many details, my mystical experience. He claimed I was one of many who observed the saucer; yet I have no recollection of the saucer, nor do I remember any one else being around. He was surprised and confused that I did not remember his version of the story.

So I remember an awareness of supernatural events with spiritual meaning, but saw nothing supernatural; whereas my friend seems to recall supernatural (or at least, paranormal) events to which he could not associate with any meaning beyond awe.

Move the clock forward about forty years and I learn that my friend, like me, has centered his life on the work of the Church. And also, forty years later, many of my more recent visions have included settings very similar to the events as my friend described-- not the events as I recall the memory.

It is a mystery, but one which I think you and Carl Jung have considered in a helpful way.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Maybe for those with overactive imaginations, but if a bunch of people thinking of something poofed it into existence then I think there would be a lot more money floating around

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Why not go further with this logic and talk about angel's wings ?

Maybe there are no angels at all and the wings are just an allegory for seeing strange stuff in the sky ?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Human mind is a powerful tool but I doubt it has the power to project a thought of an object or a beast into the physical realm for others to witness .
A person can be tricked by their own mind that they are seeing something that's not really there , or that something that is there is something unexplainable and that could be picked up by others in a kind of mass hysteria .

blocula
if a large group of people could be gathered together,somewhere outside during the day or night.in a field or even in an outdoor stadium and have everyone of them focus hard and really concentrate on seeing a flying saucer

If that was the case my team would win every game , there's regularly tens of thousands of supporters concentrating and willing them to win the game yet we are not top of the table

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
can anyone think of a better explanation then these things being psychic constructs? this explanation covers almost all of the weird behaviors and anomalies these things display and the fact that these things are being continuously seen and never captured...how much of our brains do we consciously use anyways?

and whenever one report surfaces in town of a bigfoot or ufo sighting,then everyone starts "thinking" about it and then suddenly they are seen all over the place and then the sightings start to die down and fade away, as soon as people stop thinking about them...that is a fact in the majority of cases...

and how could anyone explain away the shadow figure that was seen in the very same house as where the shadow character was being written about...it was seen there because people were thinking about it there..

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You didn't answer, should angels be dumped in that bag of tricks with the rest ?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
yes...angels,bigfoot,ufo's,flying saucers,poltergeists,ghosts,demons,lake monsters,aliens,greys...who take on different levels of physical reality,depending on how much they are being "unknowingly and subconsciously thought about and projected"...psychic constructs...the people who see ghosts are the people who are subconsciously projecting them...> paranormalmontana.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Everything is normal activity.
Don't give it a bad name or saying only special people have the right to
say what things are when only the knowledge is hidden from us all.
The mind sees what the eyes see.
This whole discussion was taken up by Tesla and criticized by Edison
when Tesla sought to energize optic nerves with his pulsed electrostatic
waves to make pictures without a TV tube which wasn't even invented yet.
Tesla waves are the waves of nature and too bad people do not talk about them.

edit on 9/19/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
some say that only psychic and clairvoyant people see these things. because their minds and inner eye is open. while everyone else, who's eyes and minds are closed, never see anything paranormal and remain skeptical, non believers...children see these things because society has'nt closed their minds yet and animals see these things, because the have a naturally heightened sense of awareness, having lived out in the wild for so long...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

you may be on to it...
but there are certainly certain people that 'see' these objects (not hallucinations conjured by ones mind)
but are somehow attuned to 'see' beyond the optic hardwiring we have in our brains...

these objects are created in the psyche/brain but only because the observer has a ability or frequency awareness to 'see' the ufos/etc... whereas others do not 'see'

the cases where many thousands observe an anomoulous 'ufo ' is not what i'm referring to... those events are based on another human brain/social aspect....

the observers are not gifted or special in that regard... in fact they are hounded and ridiculed for something that is not their fault...or desire to have

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
so where are the videos and stories of seeing Santa? there is a greater belief in Santa than UFOs by children so why is there far less experiences of seeing Santa? if willing something into existence was the case then wouldn't willing something out of existence be possible? i sure haven't seen women's shirts mysteriously vanish.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
can anyone think of a better explanation then these things being psychic constructs? this explanation covers almost all of the weird behaviors and anomalies these things display and the fact that these things are being continuously seen and never captured...how much of our brains do we consciously use anyways?

The very well known paranormalist Ed Warren talked somewhat about manifestations of monsters. He believed that people engaging in a very high level of "witchcraft" were able to open some sort of window that allowed these things to manifest. To him it was not really a mind projection so much as it was letting the moster out of its other dimensional cage. These things leaving footprints in the mud and so on, killing animals ect acting out in real time and space suggest something far more strange than mental projections. In the vids above Keel fails to bring in the larger body of good research on the matter into his dissision making process. What he does is bring conclusions to the table without taking in all the info on this topic. To repeat when this issues is looked at with the larger basket of info that exist something way beyound the human mind as portal or even projector is suggested.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

you may be on to it...
but there are certainly certain people that 'see' these objects (not hallucinations conjured by ones mind)
but are somehow attuned to 'see' beyond the optic hardwiring we have in our brains...

There is also the possiblity that the "objects" themselves have the abiltity to show themselves to one or some whiel not to others in a group or any setting where there are more than one person present. Thats even harder to believe I know but it is an alternative.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
reply to post by blocula

You didn't answer, should angels be dumped in that bag of tricks with the rest ?

I didnt ask that question but your point is soild becouse in many cases these "angels" have intervened in behalf of a persons safety.

I heard of an elderly woman that said she lost control of her car on the wet road one night and her dead husband suddenly materrialized next to her shoved her over and took control of the car working the wheel and the breaks untill he brought the car around. Then he moved back over and just vansihed.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I actually think this idea could be extremely likely. The mind is powerful enough to create delusions that can destroy your perception of reality. Maybe there really is some sort of collective consciousness that can affect groups of people at the same time. I don't think this explains image's caught on film though, but I also believe that the majority of images are faked.

John keel theorized that UFO sightings were a psychology construct. His basis for this idea was the fact that depictions and descriptions of UFOs has evolved over time. They have represented subconscious fears of emerging technologies and our inability to understand and register such changes.

edit on 19-9-2011 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
so where are the videos and stories of seeing Santa? there is a greater belief in Santa than UFOs by children so why is there far less experiences of seeing Santa? if willing something into existence was the case then wouldn't willing something out of existence be possible? i sure haven't seen women's shirts mysteriously vanish.

damn you beat me to it with the Santa call

I think this is the case for a very small percentage of claims but as a whole there is no way this explain mass sightings.... also how would this theory explain things like the Norway lights where the UFO's and other light abnormalites were captured on remote camera's with no people around to manifest them....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join