It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious 'booming sounds' perplex scientists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

No - sound cannot travel through a vacuum.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Good it be the same as the Guns of the Seneca?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I went back and listened to a couple recordings in other threads with this 'rumbling' noise and now that I have seen the vid in my post, of the natural gas geyser, I am convinced the rumbles have similar properties. Fracking is being done aggressively these days because there's a lot of mula in it, both for the industry and landowners. Is it good or bad? Well that's another debate.

Peace,
spec

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

My Mother in law lives there ?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
With all the earthquakes going on they might be earthquake booms.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Perhaps they earth is shifting and causing these booms.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
it is either Gabriel s horn or just orc drums...

seriously the triangulation idea may just be the ticket to at least finding some information that would be helpful.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's just your imagination folks. If the media is not talking about it, then there is nothing to investigate. These weird sounds didn't happen. Go on with your life and believe what your government is saying.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
It could be the Great Old Ones trying to break down the barriers between our reality and Theirs. Soon the whole world will be filled with booming sounds that drive the human race insane.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! CTHULUUUU !!!!!

RUN AWAY!!!

I think I like the loudly stealthy aliens better.

Edit to add.

Should have known. LIber Discordia.

PRAISE ERIS!
edit on 19/9/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

They should be able to triangulate the sounds. Old tech.

Set up a few "mortar /cannon" monitors and zero in. Really easy as they tend to go on...and on....and on....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hey people

I`ve no idea where this sound came from and what they are..,my "Stealth Ufo" Version was just a joke...ive read some weeks ago a thread where someone was wrting about stealth UFos over main Citys of the world..cause people recognized wired sounds in the air, without seeing anything...
the world is getting stranger and stranger evry day...call me paranoid, but something is going on..i can feel it, serious.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Simple explanation. The navy's test field for
Practice landing in VA Beach has been closed for renovation. Pilots have moved over to Norfolk and southeastern border of VA and NC. Sonic booms are happening. The navy won't admit it for fear of citizens with nothing better to do starting "Let's be a bunch of a-holes committees" and make the navy move.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

My fiance and I first noticed these "explosions" about 6 months back. It didn't start to concern us until we realized it was happening several nights a week. At the time we lived out in the country in Ohio but now we live in the city and still hear them, albeit at a reduced frequency.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Could be residual energy from a ship battle off the coast.
Does it sound like cannons?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I never spent much time on the Carolina coast so I never heard the booms but down here in NW FL I recall
some years ago hearing booms from time to time..they would rattle windows..well maybe if not sonic booms and
training exercises or "new" supersonic aircraft flying over then maybe it could be dumb waste where the
methane gas pockets explode or something..
Example:
www.toxicsites.org...
However, I think these booms heard off the coast of N.C. and other states? have been heard for a long long time..
could be wrong about that..don't know.
NOW I SAVED THIS SITE TO READ AS IT LOOKS INTERESTING:
www.science-frontiers.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Man.......maybe that mystery guest on Exopolotics last week was right when he claimed that they (some Federation) are blasting sonic energy into the 'caves' underground to rid the Greys.
And according to him, it was the energy wave or blasts that caused the Colorado and W Virgina earthquakes too!

Starts about 45 minute mark:

Freaky just got weirder.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Fracking maybe? Part of their process is underground explosions, creating 'fracturing' of earth to release natural gas.

Future in fracking? Lawmakers say NC sits on natural gas goldmine

Read more: www.gastongazette.com...

www.indyweek.com...

spec
edit on 19-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

You know I'm no tree hugger but that just doesn't look like something we should be doing.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Probably just Chinese Lanterns..................Oh...........Sorry,.. wrong thread...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
We have lived our entire lives near a gravel mine that makes Giga tons of cement with which they have been paving the valley floor my entire life. Its a giant scar on the hills and is still in full blown operation, clouds of grey dust settle on everything for miles around. The huge rock crusher actually rumbles the ground like a minor earthquake.
Its the blasting however that really gets people mad. The do it at night and it echoes like a cannon barrage, startling me out of sleep and setting off all the neighborhood dogs and car alarms. If I did not know the source of that I would think it was pretty weird.

Over the decades they have changed the way they blast. Long ago they did it more often with smaller shallower charges that were much louder. Now they dig deep and the reports are longer and more bassinet. More of a thump than a boom. Longer duration as they are shooting more charges to increase production for higher demand.

Not saying this is what it is occurring in NC, just relating my experience.
By the way, is there any "mountain top removal" coal mining going on anywhere around there?
edit on 20-9-2011 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i can definitely sense funny business.
im thinking there is a war going on in hollow earth, the big earthquakes seem to be happening every week. or maybe just crazy underground bunkers.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Relax guys, it's just testing new weapons\sonic technology for the supposed D4RK KN1GHT of October 2011.

Bring it on, I say, I'm no 'fraid of no ghost...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join