It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious 'booming sounds' perplex scientists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
thats strange would love to hear this sound i wonder what it could be

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've just been farting very violently. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is only part of a massive secrect US project to contsruct more undergrounfd bunkers to ensure continuity of government in case Washington was wiped out, and everyone knows that the bunker at the White House is being upgraded under the same project.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

ITS PROOF OF THE HOLLOW EARTH THEORY!!!!

Peeps in North Carolina can hear the Aussies blasting for gold

edit on 20-9-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Fracking maybe? Part of their process is underground explosions, creating 'fracturing' of earth to release natural gas.

Future in fracking? Lawmakers say NC sits on natural gas goldmine

Read more: www.gastongazette.com...

www.indyweek.com...

spec
edit on 19-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

You know I'm no tree hugger but that just doesn't look like something we should be doing.

I'm not a tree hugger either but I've heard this sound and this video pegs it. I kinda wanted it to be underground aliens =(

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ah, the seneca guns. i live on the coast of NC and we get them often. the are really loud. the first one i heard i thought someone got in a wreck outside my house. another time i thought something fell on my roof. they move blinds on windows and you can feel them... like a deep bass movement. almost like at a concert near the speakers, its pretty intense. i've on the beach a few times when they happen and it almost feels like your heart skips a beat. they are definitely weird. the local news gets a kick out of them. they see how far inland they go. some of the recent ones we had this summer made it almost 60 miles inland.

most of the theories are military based or the continental shelf moving. all up and down the coast of NC there are military bases. we see Osprey, Chinooks and ever other military aircraft you can imagine. we have coast guard, marines, nat guard and army around here. i've seen some weird orange balls off the coast around the time of these "seneca guns". not sure if they are related, but some of the local people think the glowing lights are related to the "booms". i have a thread on here with some of the photos i took of the glowing lights.

So i have no idea what these things are, but i hear them often, feel them often and they are always exciting.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stidog

you hit the nail on the head there my friend. we have had them here in NC for as long as i can remember. my neighbors remember them from 50+ years ago. they are intense, but interesting. =]

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, we won't know for sure until we know for sure what it is
BUT forty years ago here in PA I heard 3 loud explosions deep underground and we had a small quake highly unusual for this area. Recently we felt that 5.8 quake from Virginia my home swayed back and forth.... very freaky.

My concern is the Mid-Atlantic Ridge starting to crumble a wee bit which to me would be natural since the event is supposed to occur where you would not expect on the Ridge off the humps of Africa and Brazil.

As you know only time will tell let's hope its something wacky and not dangerous.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Probably and aircraft...ufo...whatever. I have never heard this booming sound , but it's probably something important.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I like wacky ideas and stuff, so i'm gonna say (please take this with a grain of salt):

There is a war going on underground because the shadow government/black projects are refusing to let out to the general populace, what exactly they're doing/planning for us on the surface. Instead of revealing their stuff, they decided to take their technology and declare war upon those who taught them how and what, in hopes to keep this stuff for themselves to use for *god-knows-what*. NWO? Greed? Fear of the people? Power hungry? Maybe i'm crazy .. haha!

Those booms, if you can get siesmograph readings, might show instantaneous readings [the needle has very wide-wave reading before short-waves], unlike the gradual gain, big hit and gradual loss in power of a regular quake.

I mean really, does it take a scientist to figure this stuff out? Those guys dug their graves, only now to fill them up with all their "hearty intentions" ... Oh-so-LOL.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by simon2k7

My guesses are it is methane gas being released from the ocean floor, sonic booms or we are secretly at war with the Russian nuke subs.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Maybe it's just Satan having a party and he's pumping the base. Maybe we can call the hell police to complain about the noise pollution that bad boy is putting out! Either that or join the party! I'm sure all the big boy Elitist, bankers, corporate CEOs, politicians, media big wigs and all the rest will be there. As i'm sure they will be using bailout monies to pay for their party! I bet the entrance is under Washington DC, possibly under the White House! The grand finale could be to destroy the rest of the environment and tatoo the sign of the devil on the foreheads or hands of the worlds population! I hear hells bells a ringing and our souls a burning! Welcome to the jungle baby....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They are well aware of what is causing the roaring noises and the booming noises...In this case, its cloaked hypersonic aircraft hitting the gas as they leave US airspace...they are using the super runway @ site51 to land and take off.../thread

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Cuba let China go in and set up Oil Rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.

They likely dropped bombs down the shafts with a 2 day delay....pumped concrete down them. Move their oil rigs.

Boooom.....intense pressure which might yield them a large reservoir of oil to get later.....but the pressures likely blowing thru somewhere's causing the sounds.

Well if I was China, that's what I'd be doing off the Coast. Make money and give your enemies problems. Their own wells would frekin blow up.....Deep Horizon.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Fracking and HARRP??? I would have to say that is far fetched as this technology was not around during the Civil War. But could be numerous things i suppose. And its quite possible that not all are from the actual same source throughout the World.

Seneca Guns

(Appletons' Annual Cyclopaedia and Register of Important Events. 1899. p. 440.) The term originating in Seneca, Georgia, USA during the country's civil war, mistpouffers, or Seneca Guns, are the rumble of the artillery fire. The civilians of Seneca claimed to have felt the rumbles during the Battle of Seneca. The battlefield was 5 miles away, but the people still felt the rumble over this distance (Johnson 5). The battle was won by the Confederate army, which was being led in the struggle by "Stonewall" Jackson. The term was coined by the Seneca Press saying, "The guns of the Seneca rumbled the houses throughout the night." The term is now used for any natural or artificial rumble felt. An alternative explanation for the term "Seneca guns" is also provided. In 1850, James Fennimore Cooper (author of “Last of the Mohicans”) wrote a story, “The Lake Gun,” describing the phenomenon, which seems to have popularized the term.

Mistpouffers

Mistpouffers are unexplained reports that sound like a cannon or a sonic boom. They have been heard in many waterfront communities around the world such as the banks of the river Ganges in India, the East Coast and inland Finger Lakes of the United States, as well as areas of the North Sea, Japan and Italy; and sometimes away from water. Names (according to area) are:
Bangladesh: Barisal Guns
Italy: "brontidi" or "marinas"
Japan: "uminari"
Netherlands and Belgium: "mistpoeffers"
Philippines: "retumbos"
United States: "Guns of the Seneca"

Explanations and theories range quite a bit as well. Such as:

Atmospheric noise from Meteors
Escaping gas underground due to a few different things such as decaying vegetation under water.
Earthquakes
Collapsing underwater caves

Just to name a few.

Source

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
How much you wanna bet if we dig up Carolina(no use for it anyway) we will find some chained Titans? At any rate, thanks for sharing.

Maybe these guys are finally waking up from there long slumber and are letting off a little bit of gas.

Nothing to see here people go back to sleep, its all just swamp gas or other types of gasses that got a little hot from the rays of the sun or other explainable rays and went... boom. No doupt there is a logical explanation to it all.
And if there isn't I am sure we can come up with one.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We had one of those a couple of days ago, I thought it was one clap of thunder, there was a brief flash then a boom so loud I thought it was a single event and right outside my window as the flash and boom were practically at the same instant, I then paid it no more mind as it was grey skies outside, but not normally enough for a thunderstorm.
My wife came into the room I was in and she thought it was someone throwing a banger or firework at our window it was that loud however we live on the sixth floor of a tower block and we live in Sutton in the UK.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I honestly think cloaked air craft breaking the sound barrier (probably man-made) explain it quite well. I think if said scientists could capture the waveform, they could compare it with known sources and determine a likely source...in fact, it is a wonder that they have not done so already.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
These sounds have been heard in the Carolinas since before the arrival of European settlers into the Americas.

The Powhatan relayed their stories and ideas (taken as myths) about them to the settlers, who chalked it up to simple savage minds.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join