It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious 'booming sounds' perplex scientists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

Good to know they fail at understanding what stealth is.

I think we can safely assume, therefore, we are safe.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Could it possibly be Naval testing?

There is an air-to-air and air-to-ground test area in the Atlantic, near Georgia. I know they said NC but sound could carry.

The specific information is as follows:

(a) The danger zones—(1) For fighter aircraft. An area approximately 30 miles offshore between Wassaw Sound and Brunswick, Georgia, described as follows: Beginning at latitude 31°55'30", longitude 80°24'00"; thence 90° true to longitude 80°16'00"; thence southwesterly to latitude 31°10'00", longitude 80°43'00"; thence 270° to longitude 80°51'00"; and then northeasterly to the point of beginning.

(2) For bombardment aircraft. An area approximately 70 miles off shore between Savannah Beach and Brunswick, Georgia, described as follows: Beginning at latitude 32°00'00", longitude 79°43'00"; thence 90° true to longitude 79°07'00"; thence southwesterly to latitude 31°10'00", longitude 79°24'00"; thence 270° true to longitude 80°00'00"; and thence northeasterly to the point of beginning.

Your not allowed to fly or boat in these areas.

Here is the Part 334 for the area.

PS- They have similar areas like this all up and down the east coast.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
The Sounds come from the big UFO`s in stealth mode.

See, not to be rude, but it is funny to me. Actual scientists have no idea, but an armchair conspiracy theorist says it is UFO's in stealth mode.....

Why should I take your word over a scientist? I mean call me crazy, but if an actual scientist does not know the answer, I am inclined to think that you don't either and are just stating a belief based off of stuff you have read on conspiracy sites on the internet ( Where anyone can post anything)....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Indeed anyone can post anything on conspiracy websites... and that is exactly what Anunaki2012 did. What's your point?

Back on topic, does anybody know about when these booms started? I am inclined to think it is sonic booms from test flights out of a military base but knowing the timing would be nice.
edit on 19-9-2011 by nydsdan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have an answer folks....
I just so happen to spend nearly every weekend of my life Sailing and Fishing in the exact area described. This area is one of the most Military dense in the country. Now there is a Marine Core air state within ~10 miles of the area, an OLF ( outlying landing field) within the same distance, one "secret" (not secret persay just not named on maps) base where they conduct training and one island right next to where I go. Now this Island is the source of much of the booming. My dad has been going to the island north of our mystery island for years and about fifteen years ago he witnessed our explanation. That night he camped right across the inlet from the military island. That evening they conducted training exercises complete with landing craft, destroyers and tons of blank ammunition. Now I have read several times that the other half of that island is a bombing range which would explain the booms. They can be heard for miles but are closest to that one area used as a range.... mystery over. No earthquakes or anything else.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hello , this is my first post on the forum . I live in the UK and have to confess the USA disturbs me no end , nothing to do with the citizens of the states .........but the government budget of trillions of dollars for whatever they see fit to spend it on regarding the military / black projects etc. I like to think I am open minded , most ideas that I read , I give fair thought into , no matter how crazy it may look on the screen ha ha . The thing about America is that with that sort of dollar ratio , what is possible is not the main question , [ everything is possible ] this is why reading posts on the forums I have a voice in the back of my head saying they have the money to do it , like it or not. The sonic booms would cause some response if it were in the UK , but the US has so much going on all over the place, ATS is doing a sterling job of bringing all to the attention of people who are open minded . I cannot watch the BBC news in the same way anymore or SKY , I get other news from RT Russia Today , stuff on there gets reported long before it hits the mainstream. The whole banking crisis is playing out worldwide like a script , 46 million US citizens living below the breadline , the euro zone is up the creek , the UK is owned by other countries big corporations , you know the reason , I don't have to say............NWO. I look around now knowing the planet revolves around a script , written by a select few at the top , like sitting at a poker game with the cards stacked against you , I question everything now , also look at numbers and time regarding events and logo's argggghhhhhh I am locked in for the long haul.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Also I might add that I am really disappointed by the junk science in the article...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I live near Toronto Ontario and about a month back i was at work when there was an incredibly loud bang with an immediate concussion, it sounded like an artillery shell had exploded above the buildings. And every single person on the main street had come out of the buildings they were in and were looking up and people has stopped their cars in the middle of the street and got out. For about 3 mins after it happened it was just dead silence because everyone just stopped moving and looked up. It was very odd and there was no explanation given or seen in any papers.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I live about ten miles west of a military, (army) base. from time to time they might blow up old ordinance, and according to the weather conditions the explosions can be quite heavy or not so. There have been some anomalous explosions though, a few monthe ago there were about six or seven very heavy reports heard after midnight, within a certain period, but not directly one after the other. In this way I have not heard before, and I do not yet attribute it to anything military, and in any case blowing up old ordinance is always done in daylight. There are field exercises carried out at night, but never late, and never with heavy explosives, mostly machine gun fire, (target practice) and flares and no aircraft.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
thanks everyone for your replies. I had forgot about camp lejune being close by to the area they spoke of. but all theorys are interesting and respecetd thanks.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We had a big boom here in West Central Fla, a few hours ago.
There was also one a few weeks ago.
My son thought someone was breaking the door down.

It was a single boom.
Aren't sonic booms always a double?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Probably some idiot kid with an amped sub-woofer that's worth 10x more than the POS car he's driving.

Least that's what the booming is in MY neighborhood....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
sounds like most neighborhoods in the USA

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think it's Gov. Perry beating his chest now that he is ahead in the polls.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hi. There's another post on the forum called "Realistic View Elenin has not exploded." if you follow the link then the article specifically mentions a booming noise that travels around the earth.

Gravity node rings causing Earth to ring like a bell Every few days, the entire Earth has an identical earthquake waveform travel from east to west, north to south, and pole to pole. In effect,the entire Earth "rings like a bell". See the charts here: [link to aslwww.cr.usgs.gov] This is further evidence of a massive object approaching from space. Supposing that a massive object is spinning, and nearing earth, a little known physical force becomes important. That unknown force is called the Lens-Thirring effect, where a spinning object in space causes the spacetime around it to twist or rotate with the massive body. However, as Stan Deyo revealed a few years ago, the Lens-Thirring effect also causes "gravity node rings". These rings are places of increased gravitational force, and are the "troughs" where the planets are located now, each one sitting in a gravity node ring caused by the rotation of our sun. The point here, is that, when the entire Earth as the same earthquake waveform, it is because the Earth is passing through one of the gravity node rings created by the incoming "comet". It would be helpful for someone to graph the frequency and intensity of the whole Earth earthquakes, as that could help reveal the position and movement of the incoming massive object.

Now I have absolutely no idea whether this is connected but I did think it worth pointing it out. Make of it what you will.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

sonic booms can be single.
they could be testing a stealth plane.
if it can accelerate very fast.
you can get more than one boom!
mach 1 mach 2 mach 3.....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by JROCK2527

Ask these people

IMO, tin foil hat is on. Deep underground drilling. Deep underground wars. Cloaked UFO's doing something to our atmosphere (hopefully trying to redirect or clear the radiation clouds). HAARP.

If the scientists don't know WTF?!?

They don't even know where on earth that Sat is going to land - this is all too much for them - we're on our own mate. Maybe God Moving His Furniture Around!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I think you've nailed it.

The gas industry is ramping up the fracking process wherever natural gas can be found and fracturing bedrock has just gotta make some noise.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Under right conditions with temperature inversions, sound can carry very far. If there are few obstructions (like over the ocean), I wouldn't be surprised if it can carry over 100mi. So military exercises on islands off the coast might explain noises being heard in some cases. Yet with such conditions, natural sources such as thunderstorms could be heard that far away too.

As in my own case? If I heard such noise, it's likely I'd either dismiss it as the TV being up too loud downstairs, one of the neighborhood car stereos, or a truck doing some engine braking a couple blocks over.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Could these sounds be coming from space ?

As in somebody is sending these sounds as a kind of " hi there" before the actual meeting or message.

Possibly sound reflecting off of a planet or moon in our solar system and we are hearing it as it is re-directed in our directiong based off of certain allignments in our solar system, hence why we only here it in random spots across the globe on random days.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join