It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raw Truth about Fukushima, what the Media Doesn't want You to Know!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is very spooky. The kids on the creaky swings while the geiger goes nuts to what? 250 X background?
350 X background?

And more hot rain in souther Brazil. Forget that "Northern Hemisphere" theory.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
As i have said before. I believe the whole of Japan has had it. This is six chernobyls on steroids.

The longer it goes on the worse it will be for people and this will last decades.

We are toing to see millions born deformed and millions dying from cancer. I tduely believe the japanese nation is now a dead duck both ecologically and economically.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hi
Have you seen this article? It seems to me that if there is anything to it, then we might have a few problems. Maybe itcould run with a heading like "Do we have a big problem" or "Fukushima, what we aren't being told"

Article reference: akiomatsumura.com/2012/04/682. html (remove the space between 682. and html and the link should work, I had to do that so that the email would send. I also removed http:// from the font of it)

Fukushima Daiichi Site: Cesium-137 is 85 times greater than at Chernobyl Accident

April 3, 2012

Ambassador Mitsuhei Murata

[*Ed: This page was updated on 4/5/12 to reflect corrected calculations]

Read this article in Japanese.

Japan’s former Ambassador to Switzerland, Mr. Mitsuhei Murata, was invited to speak at the Public Hearing of the Budgetary Committee of the House of Councilors on March 22, 2012, on the Fukushima nuclear power plants accident. Before the Committee, Ambassador Murata strongly stated that if the crippled building of reactor unit 4—with 1,535 fuel rods in the spent fuel pool 100 feet (30 meters) above the ground—collapses, not only will it cause a shutdown of all six reactors but will also affect the common spent fuel pool containing 6,375 fuel rods, located some 50 meters from reactor 4. In both cases the radioactive rods are not protected by a containment vessel; dangerously, they are open to the air. This would certainly cause a global catastrophe like we have never before experienced. He stressed that the responsibility of Japan to the rest of the world is immeasurable. Such a catastrophe would affect us all for centuries. Ambassador Murata informed us that the total numbers of the spent fuel rods at the Fukushima Daiichi site excluding the rods in the pressure vessel is 11,421 (396+615+566+1,535+994+940+6375).

I asked top spent-fuel pools expert Mr. Robert Alvarez, former Senior Policy Adviser to the Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretary for National Security and the Environment at the U.S. Department of Energy, for an explanation of the potential impact of the 11,421 rods.

I received an astounding response from Mr. Alvarez [updated 4/5/12]:

In recent times, more information about the spent fuel situation at the Fukushima-Dai-Ichi site has become known. It is my understanding that of the 1,532 spent fuel assemblies in reactor No. 304 assemblies are fresh and unirradiated. This then leaves 1,231 irradiated spent fuel rods in pool No. 4, which contain roughly 37 million curies (~1.4E+18 Becquerel) of long-lived radioactivity. The No. 4 pool is about 100 feet above ground, is structurally damaged and is exposed to the open elements. If an earthquake or other event were to cause this pool to drain this could result in a catastrophic radiological fire involving nearly 10 times the amount of Cs-137 released by the Chernobyl accident.

The infrastructure to safely remove this material was destroyed as it was at the other three reactors. Spent reactor fuel cannot be simply lifted into the air by a crane as if it were routine cargo. In order to prevent severe radiation exposures, fires and possible explosions, it must be transferred at all times in water and heavily shielded structures into dry casks.. As this has never been done before, the removal of the spent fuel from the pools at the damaged Fukushima-Dai-Ichi reactors will require a major and time-consuming re-construction effort and will be charting in unknown waters. Despite the enormous destruction cased at the Da–Ichi site, dry casks holding a smaller amount of spent fuel appear to be unscathed.

Based on U.S. Energy Department data, assuming a total of 11,138 spent fuel assemblies are being stored at the Dai-Ichi site, nearly all, which is in pools. They contain roughly 336 million curies (~1.2 E+19 Bq) of long-lived radioactivity. About 134 million curies is Cesium-137 — roughly 85 times the amount of Cs-137 released at the Chernobyl accident as estimated by the U.S. National Council on Radiation Protection (NCRP). The total spent reactor fuel inventory at the Fukushima-Daichi site contains nearly half of the total amount of Cs-137 estimated by the NCRP to have been released by all atmospheric nuclear weapons testing, Chernobyl, and world-wide reprocessing plants (~270 million curies or ~9.9 E+18 Becquerel).

It is important for the public to understand that reactors that have been operating for decades, such as those at the Fukushima-Dai-Ichi site have generated some of the largest concentrations of radioactivity on the planet.

Many of our readers might find it difficult to appreciate the actual meaning of the figure, yet we can grasp what 85 times more Cesium-137 than the Chernobyl would mean. It would destroy the world environment and our civilization. This is not rocket science, nor does it connect to the pugilistic debate over nuclear power plants. This is an issue of human survival.

And on and on it goes

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The article I just posted I sent to the Sydney Morning Herald and to Sky News. Wow, I was deafened by the noisy silence

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

are you surprised? head burying excercise because we have cocktails and snacks later.
i applaud your previous post as well as all the contributions from both the op and fellow members.

this is an event that has never manifested before in such a huge way. i commented on another thread yesterday regarding pripyat and that the caesium and strontuim don't seem to be affecting the wildlife which has flourished. the diversification of the area is astounding. i am not in any way suggesting the japan situation will be the same, however, continued scrutiny is required as to both short term and long term effects of this tragic incident.
regards fakedirt.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well, it's April 14th and we have hot rain in St Louis, which means I will probably get some hot rain tomorrow, here in Ontario.

And hot rain in southern England.

And more hot rain in southern Brazil.

Yes Steve, it's 1535 "Fuel assemblies" in the #4 spent fuel pool and 6375 "fuel assemblies" in the communal spent fuel pool across the road from #4....Not fuel rods. I have 1 chart showing a fuel assembly holds 65 fuel rods, and another showing 91 - 96 fuel rods per assembly.....So it's more like a half million to 3/4 quarters of a million fuel rods if that fuel pool collapses. Sorry to bring you crappy news.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
More hot rain in Ontario.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Thank you for the video. Has anyone in the Maritimes checked the levels? (Atlantic Canada). I would be very interested in thier findings.

We are experiencing heavy rain (100mm) and would like to know if it is hot.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Hello Jerisa. Well if you want to know what's in your rain, you'd better get a geiger. I know a gal in Quebec City who just got one so hopefully she will be up and running with a u-tube channel soon too. I haven't bumped into anybody testing in the maritimes but we do know Health Canada refused to test farmers soil in Newfoundland about 6 months ago. What's that tell you?
So join me...in making Health Canada and Harper, [who turned off the geigers we already paid for] crap their pants! We'll get them ringing from coast to coast.
The basic.
www.ebay.com... =item5891a2eec3

This one has the food probe and is like mine.

www.ebay.ca... tem4aae0f735f

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If it gets too bad and you are able to get to Oz, I have a couple of mountains of rugged bush about 80Km from the coast that you might want to visit. No joke. Not rich, just lucky to have bought a slab of dirt. Actually we're so not rich that I have to sell a 150 acre portion to pay a massive cc debt and finish building our house.

You see, because of all of the space around us, that's why my profile says always relaxed. Nothing like peace and quiet to keep one calm.

Warm wishes

Steve

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
A great Doc.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Thank you so much!

Have you ever thought of walking into your local grocery store and just do some random testing? If I get that (have to check budget) I know I will!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Hey Jerisa, I take my geiger and my flip cam whenever we shop. I leave the beeper on too. [Freaks out the sheeple. Makes them think] So far only 2 bumps out of 100's of products in 6 visits to the supermarket. Nothing goes in the buggy until I check it.
Even if its a dvd player.

And meanwhile in St Louis....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
A great vid shedding some light on rads.

And some fresh readings from England. Again the conversion of CPM to micro-sievets conflicts with official conversion charts, and lands in the neighborhood of 100 CPM = 0.33 - 0.40 microsieverts. If some knows why this discrepency keeps showing up, I'd love to hear it?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
.More screaming high numbers from South England [100 miles from Hinkley point] Now either we have a secret meltdown in Europe, that no one knows about, or the plume [Including the DU wood glue factory explosion, in Japan last week, just took a short cut over the North pole? Any help explaining this would be great. The tester is legit.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Has anyone had their meters calibrated lately? Without regular, reliable calibration, the measurements are starting to become unreliable.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thank You, MuzzleFlash. I read the transcript and it was very interesting. Having worked in one of the GE Mark IIs for 18 months I have an inside view when they talk about Fukushima. You can use Newton’s Inverse law to calculate the exposure levels at various points to determine safety distances. You can find it easily with a Google search.

Many people concentrate on radiation exposure from a big source but forget about contamination and radioactive particulate which is inhaled or ingested where the particles come in contact with soft tissue organs.

edit on 1-5-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Meet North Carolina, gang. 5 times backgound.

And the latest steam out continues.
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It gets depressing ya know?
I have ridden motorcycles around these beautiful lakes of ours. Camped under the stars until the winter winds blew. Its over 2000 KM's from Lake Ontario, up over Superior. You have no idea what cold is until you're looking at giant icebergs in the harbour near Marathon, and your cruising past on the sled. I even had the cops order me off the highway in a blizzard when I rode over in February one year..... And in 1 lifetime......so sad.

www.flickr.com...

DOT considering permit for Great Lakes radioactive waste shipment.
michiganmessenger.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Durham N.C a couple of hours ago.

Strontium 90 spread over 1000km evenly in Pacific ocean.
fukushima-diary.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join