It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75% Of The Earth's Surface Is Water And We Don't Even Know Where It Came From!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
this fact is more than a little strange and mysterious and as usual the bigger more profound questions about our reality and existence are all but ignored by the mainstream and replaced by the trivial and the mundane.the oceans of the world have an average depth of two miles! and in some areas are over seven miles deep! and if you factor in all the rivers,ponds,lakes and inland seas,around 75% of the earth's surface is made of water and that deos not include the polar ice caps.living things,you and i and everything else,are made of mostly water as well and we can't live very long without it.yet we don't even know where it came from or when it was formed >>> en.wikipedia.org... and here are some water facts and trivia >>> www.lenntech.com...

the same water that napoleon drank at waterloo,is the very same water that i am drinking right now.the rain that fell on the pyramids thousands of years ago,still falls from the sky today.because the earth is not losing or gaining any less or more water then it originally had,whenever or however it was formed.if all this massive amount of water originated during some known or unknown natural process,then we should be continuously gaining more water,but we are not and it has been recently proven that earth's water did not come from comets.below i have listed some theories and ideas,of my own and others,that "try to explain" the origin of water on earth

................"there are somethig like 326 million trillion gallons of water on earth" !!!..................

"water came from god"...i doubt this very much.that does not explain the origin of our water at all.we really dont know the answer,so we just say god did it and if there even is a god,where did god get the water from and how did he/she/it make it.this just basically proves the origin of our water is still a mystery...

"water came from a naturally occuring process"...if so,this natural process is no longer happening,because there is'nt any more or less water here now than there ever was...

"water came from space"...this was a long held theory,that has recently been disproven.the composition of earth's water and the water in comets are not the same...

"water came from aliens"...when they found and then terra formed earth into a habital place for life.this is my favorite theory and it explains how there is only a certain amount of water on earth.like someone or something turned the water making process on and then just turned it off when they felt it was filled enough...

"water is a fuel source for alien species"...advanced species of aliens may use water as fuel for their starships as they voyage through this part of the galaxy.earth is an interstellar gas station along their cosmic trade routes.a fuel dump for alien explorers and it is true that a lot of ufo's and flying saucers are seen coming out of,going into,or hoovering over water...

"water is a mystery"...yes it is...
edit on 18-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Maybe water came from the stars?

Seven hundred and fifty light-years from Earth, a young, sunlike star has been found with jets that blast epic quantities of water into interstellar space, shooting out droplets that move faster than a speeding bullet.

The discovery suggests that protostars may be seeding the universe with water. These stellar embryos shoot jets of material from their north and south poles as their growth is fed by infalling dust that circles the bodies in vast disks.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well you have a good question, but lack the Knowledge Of God, u see, God is in everything, everyone, all around us, including water, in fact Water is a secret unless u have knowledge about what it really is....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Seven hundred and fifty light-years from Earth, a young, sunlike star has been found with jets that blast epic quantities of water into interstellar space, shooting out droplets that move faster than a speeding bullet.

The discovery suggests that protostars may be seeding the universe with water. These stellar embryos shoot jets of material from their north and south poles as their growth is fed by infalling dust that circles the bodies in vast disks.

as boncho already pointed out, it might come from stars.

here´s an extensive ATS thread on the star that shoots ´water bullets´.

have a lookie

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Or you could go so far as to say God created the water (everyone laugh all at once now). Could have happened though. Scientifically it would literaly take billions of years of comets and asteroids raining down on earth to bring enough water that would fill up the earth to cover it 3 feet deep with water, being that the water percentage would have been something like .003% per asteroid/meteor. But low and behold some 4+ billion years later we have oceans that go several miles deep instead. Indeed where did all the water come from? Either mainstream science is lying, or God is lying and i'm not about to call the creator a liar.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I've heard the theory that Earth was terraformed into the wet, blue paradise that it is today. Some attribute this to an act of God, others to ET... though they may well be one in the same. Who knows?

It makes sense if we then consider that all this water is the combined sum gathered from other bodies. Mars' water went somewhere and the surface of Venus is relatively new... as if whatever was there before was somehow stripped away.

The theory that comets delivered most of it over a period of a billion years works okay so long as you don't sit down and try doing the math.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Isn't it 75% of water, cover the earth's surface...Big difference, just saying.

Found this little info on earth mass vs water mass.
www.madsci.org...
edit on 18-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If the total volume of water on Earth were formed into a sphere The water sphere would measure 1390 kilometers across and have a volume of 1.4 billion cubic kilometers.

Tiny in comparison to the earth

this graphic shows it well

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The amount of water on Earth does not account for anything like 75 percent of its mass or its volume. Water forms a thin skin, barely more than a couple of miles deep, on part of the surface of a ball of rock almost eight thousand miles in diameter.

Where did the water come from? The same place all the rock came from. It came from the stars, as boncho said.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
IMO this thread deteriorated after the first 8 words.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Maybe water is god ?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Humans have A LOT of water as well. How did it get there? We were made with it....right?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
We can estimate the water on the surface pretty easily but there is a lot of water deep within the planet and I don't think we have any real clue as to how much. I may be wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

It, as usual, is a disperal method being touted as THE creation method.

Sorry, this thing that is venting water is being bombarded with space debris from the cloud surrounding it. The far more likely answer is that this thing is venting already made molecules. But because this is consistent with an element that turns to steam, yet we still are looking for "the creation point" of H2O, we'll have people argue against this point for aeons.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
where did water come from???

where did everything that exists in the universe come from?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

"water came from space"...this was a long held theory,that has recently been disproven.the composition of earth's water and the water in comets are not the same...
Can you link some proof of that statement please? Water is abundant in the solar system, enceladus, europa, pluto and beneath mars just to name a few examples... There is overwhelming evidence that large comets bombard planets/moons after the early formation of a solar system. The same prosess we see here is almost certain to be repeated in any similar system anywhere in the universe. Where did it come from originally? the same place everything comes from, the nuclear waste of countless billions of burnt out stars....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i dont think there is anything special involving where water came from...pretty sure it comes from the same place it always has been which is either aquifers and the sky i.e. rain. theres no new water? really? pretty sure when it rains, thats new water though it could also be recycled water from evaporation. either way i dont think its brain numbing rocket science figuring this out.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by blocula

I find it interesting that you automatically dismiss divine input, yet embrace the idea that aliens turned the process on and off.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I had difficulty reading your post because you don't use capital letters.

It is true to say that we do not know where the water came from, although theories suggest that the water came from comets and other space debris. Water - it seems - may be a fairly common commodity in space, with evidence of it being on mars and other planetary bodies.

This is not a mystery.

Don't panic.

Regards

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
i dont think there is anything special involving where water came from...pretty sure it comes from the same place it always has been which is either aquifers and the sky i.e. rain. theres no new water? really? pretty sure when it rains, thats new water though it could also be recycled water from evaporation. either way i dont think its brain numbing rocket science figuring this out.
enough to fill oceans that are up to 7 miles deep ?!?!...i don't think so...i 'll go with "the earth is an interstellar gas station,a fuel depot along cosmic trade routes used by advanced alien explorers and water is one of their "commodities" and or their starships "fuel" theory...that makes sense to me,more than the "invisible man in the sky" theory anyways...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join