It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75% Of The Earth's Surface Is Water And We Don't Even Know Where It Came From!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by polit

Originally posted by blocula
enough to fill oceans that are up to 7 miles deep ?!?!...i don't think so...i 'll go with "the earth is an interstellar gas station,a fuel depot along cosmic trade routes used by advanced alien explorers and water is one of their "commodities" and or their starships "fuel" theory...that makes sense to me,more than the "invisible man in the sky" theory anyways...

The earth, from the Mariana Trench to the top of Mt. Everest is smoother/ more round, comparatively, than a pool ball is required to be.
not sure what you mean by smooth but heres what the earth looks like without any oceans! > comps.canstockphoto.com...
edit on 20-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
Why is it so hard to believe that the earth is capable of making her own water?
The gases escaping from volcanoes is, in part:
The most abundant gas typically released into the atmosphere from volcanic systems is water vapor (H2O), followed by carbon dioxide (CO2) and sulfur dioxide (SO2).
That is a lot of "O"'s. Each one of those "O"'s is capable of breaking off from the other letters and reforming with spare "H"'s in the atmosphere. That makes water. Not to mention this combining takes place within the earth too, as water vapour is also a by product of volcano eruptions.
Produced as in expelled out of the earth's crusts. Can chemical reaction be going on down there? Sure, but water can exist close to a volcano.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
"water,water everywhere,without a drop to drink,water,water everywhere and all the boards did shrink"

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
People research Frank Znidarsic. He as proven the mathematics in a classical physics frame. I believe it goes beyond just cold fusion between radioactive materials I think that it might be a way to create compounds out of different elements. Which is kind of a pre-requisite for space travel, so the aliens would have been able to create it from the elements around them when they created us.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
The amount of water on Earth does not account for anything like 75 percent of its mass or its volume. Water forms a thin skin, barely more than a couple of miles deep, on part of the surface of a ball of rock almost eight thousand miles in diameter.

Where did the water come from? The same place all the rock came from. It came from the stars, as boncho said.

So water just came from the stars ? Well that's easy to buy I guess, after all, I just seen water coming from the stars yesterday. So why isn't water still just coming from the stars ? Why isn't the universe just farting itself into existence ?

Where are the words of wisdom and benevolence from these Aliens ? Where is it that they have told you to wash
your hands in running water to clean them ? Have the aliens told you about planting crops for seven years and then to give the earth rest for one ? No, they havn't ! But God did. Certainly is sad to see what man is coming to. Believe everything and anything, but the truth that God has given us from the start.
edit on 22-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
if god made the 326 million,trillion tons of water and put it on the earth...then tell me who or what god is? if you believe that god did it, then you believe in god, so what is god? what does god look like?...he/she must be something,so whats the answer?...i'll tell you what god is...an advanced alien being...and if you say that god is not an alien, then please tell me what else he/she could be?...a card board box? an orb of plasma? the invisible man in the sky?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by polit

enough to fill oceans that are up to 7 miles deep ?!?!...i don't think so...i 'll go with "the earth is an interstellar gas station,a fuel depot along cosmic trade routes used by advanced alien explorers and water is one of their "commodities" and or their starships "fuel" theory...that makes sense to me,more than the "invisible man in the sky" theory anyways...

The earth, from the Mariana Trench to the top of Mt. Everest is smoother/ more round, comparatively, than a pool ball is required to be.
not sure what you mean by smooth but heres what the earth looks like without any oceans! > comps.canstockphoto.com...

That is an incredibly scientific and accurate representation of the earth!!!! Holy crapnoldes!

As detailed and insanely accurate as your stock photo model is, the distance from the Mariana trench to Mt. Everest is around .03% of the diameter of the earth, which makes the earth a pretty smooth object as far as things go.

I see your horrible resolution model and raise it by an actual image of the earth

That is a picture of Mt. Everest, from space, which is 8km from sealevel, so a little bit less than 1/2 the distance from the trench to the peak. But, of course, the surrounding land is not at sea-level. Still I hope you get the impression that your no-water model is exaggerated, to say the least.

There is not a lot of water on the earth.
edit on 22-9-2011 by polit because: Too many buts

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The sun is full of hydrogen right?

And water is made of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom?

The atmosphere has lots of oxygen in it ,but where did the atmosphere come from?
I wouldn't know ,but there's plenty of gas elements in the solar system..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
there is around, 326 million trillion gallons of water on earth...that's 1 trillion gallons,326 million times...a mere drop i suppose?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

About 6000 years ago, the earth had no water on its surface except a large ocean(s) trapped beneath. The whole globe was surrounded by a mist that would water the ground. A passing Main Sequence star was caught by our sun's gravity and turned it into a nova. The nova spewed out its whole top hydrogen layer with some heavier elements , like oxygen from its core - some of this fell as water on the earth. This water had large amounts of chlorine in it and other heavy elements like Iodine. This is why our oceans are salty, thus contaminating lifand shortening the life span of man . The huge gain of mass increased the gravitational pull and the wieght thus pressed inward, forcing up todays continents above the new ocean's surface( there was only one land mass forced up which later broke into tectonic plates and pieces of it drifted apart. The previous mist that protected us from the cosmic rays of outer space was gone and we soon only lived each of us for only 70 years-not 900 years each. Some of the subterrenean water gushed up to add to the already heavy load gained by the earth.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

Muhahaha

Our oceans are so salty because salt is one of the most common minerals on the earth.

Hence the dry salt lakes across the earth... Salt stays when all the water is evaporated.

Ever tasted what your tears taste like ? Or your urine for that matter... Salty because salt is part of our system and our body has a specialized salt system. So the salt came first,,, Not the body.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
you could take 1,000,000 earth oceans and pour them onto the surface of the sun simultaneously and the result would be...instant vaporization and instant annihilation...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

wow that's a good thought. i mean water is alive, and keeps us alive and responds to words and everything. could be a GIANT PEACE of God.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatching
reply to post by TheMaverick

wow that's a good thought. i mean water is alive, and keeps us alive and responds to words and everything. could be a GIANT PEACE of God.
water...the blood of god?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join