It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Law Could Empty Vitamins Aisle...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Vitamin D fights cancer - Fukushima will be causing a lot of it, so why not speed-up the culling of the herd by blocking our cancer-preventive supplements, eh?

abclocal.go.com.../health/your_health&id=7291586

I personally find this upsetting, as I take the superior form of vitamin D (D3) to treat deficiency that is common in persons like myself due to kidney transplant. I also have a severe Magnesium deficiency, and there is not pharmaceutical form of the Magnesium Glycinate I must also take that is available to me. I am forced to take these. The magnesium deficiency is horrible, I have to take 800mg a day, or I get severe cramping all over my body and I cannot move, and it can cause the heart to do the same thing, it is a side effect of my medications. I have to pay for this out of my own pocket, even though it is a medical necessity to stay alive. The only kind the pharmacy has causes chronic diarrhea, ugh.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbyjsayhey
reply to post by hawkiye

This has got to stop people.. next thing they will do is put a law against healthy food so we all die... are we ever going to see they are closing in on all our resources so they can keep control of the masses.

I feel like they are already doing that, forcing all that GMO corn and such onto the market, and not allowing them to label foods as "non-GMO", plus making it illegal to sell raw/whole foods, and to garden your own food or share or sell the food you grow. And remember the quote from the FDA, about our lack of "rights" to health and food choices..
www.newswithviews.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by saintinwaiting

That is because whoever controls the food and the weapons, controls all....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by saintinwaiting

Some of what you've just said is untrue...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

The problem with the idea of people self regulating, esp when companies are allowed to advertise dishonestly, like supplement companies are, is that people are often forced into a "best guess" situation. Add to that the idea of self-diagnosis, leading to self-medicating, often with unmonitored "drugs" and you end up in a situation which is potentially as bad as pharma companies' unscrupulous manipulation of the FDA.

What the US needs is laws on lobbying AND laws on supplements.

Not laws on neither.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
They did the same thing in the early 1900s with making drugs only available by prescription (the good ones); this i s the same thing.

The lack of free will so you will have to go through their channels to get what you want.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

They tried this in Canada and met with petitions, letters to members of parliament, rallies, etc.from the masses. When it comes to votes and elections, this can become a major issue and it didn't fly in Canada. This will always be an issue to be on guard for and should be fought diligently. After the removal of vitamins and supplements, next comes things like apricot seeds (laetrile) food grade peroxide, apply cider vinegar...just to name a few health related supplements. You cannot let this organization get its foot in the door.

Regarding your liver, go to Jim Humble's website on his "Miracle Mineral Supplement" and check out the articles on cancer treatments. There are some amazing testimonials on this and they are trying to shut him down. So far, he remains one step ahead of them. I have taken this stuff for infections, colds, etc., and it works. There is a testimonial regarding stage 4 pancreatic cancer on the website.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I sent an e-mail letter to sen. chuck schumer's office about this(I'm in NY for awhile) and I got this response:

Dear(name removed)

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to S. 1310, the Dietary Supplement Labeling Act of 2011. Like you, I believe that consumers should have access to safe and effective dietary supplements.

As you know, the Dietary Supplement Labeling Act would amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to more effectively regulate dietary supplements that may pose safety risks unknown to consumers. This bill would require dietary supplement manufacturers to register products with the Food and Drug Administration and require product labels to include warnings associated with adverse events of specific ingredients, weight of those ingredients per serving, and a batch number for easier recall. Finally, this legislation would also direct the FDA to establish a definition of “conventional food” to clarify the distinction between food and beverage products with additives and dietary supplements.

I believe that the FDA has a legitimate role to play in acting as an honest broker of consumer information; consumers have a right to all available, truthful information regarding products available in the marketplace. The legislation would not discourage the use or sale of supplements; it would merely help to ensure that fully-informed consumers are purchasing safe products and give the FDA the ability to remove any harmful dietary supplements from the market. It is important all Americans have access to safe dietary supplements, as is the case with any other processed food products they consume.

Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) introduced this legislation on June 30, 2011. The bill has been referred to the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions where it awaits further consideration. While I am not a member of this committee, please be assured I will monitor this bill closely as it moves through the Senate.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator
edit on 20-9-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

I would put out there IF we had laws on lobbyists I bet there would not be NEED for laws on supplements
...If all these agencies weren't corrupt and competition was level across the board, only quality products would survive. The agencies stack the deck.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

I put it too you that the idea that competition means that quality products would emerge is a very flawed and ideological position. The products that would survive would be the pne's that came from a successful manufacturer, Being good at business, as we see, has nothing to do with producing quality.

We'd only be flooded with the cheapest products, not the most effective one, and choice would dwindle.

The idea that competition is gonna produce really amazing things has been completely destroyed by the reality of what makes a company successful isn't quality, but a large profit margin.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
just another way of taking away your rights of what you put into your body. these people own you. vitamins a toxin? are you kidding me! this would be a new spin in the war on drugs. vitamin D is the new ecstasy. i don't think it will ever come to that tho.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

New Law Could Empty Vitamins Aisle...

shine.yahoo.com

Do you take your daily multi, or at least make it an intention? That option might become a lot more complicated in the near future.

The FDA, which regulates foods and drugs in the US, has turned its focus on nutritional supplements — and its proposed criteria will leave very few supplements standing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alternet.or g

there will be revolution if they try taking away people's cheap vitamin D, etc

and i'll be leading the charge with all of you

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join