It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Law Could Empty Vitamins Aisle...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

New Law Could Empty Vitamins Aisle...

shine.yahoo.com

Do you take your daily multi, or at least make it an intention? That option might become a lot more complicated in the near future.

The FDA, which regulates foods and drugs in the US, has turned its focus on nutritional supplements — and its proposed criteria will leave very few supplements standing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alternet.or g

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
These idiots have to be stopped! They are moving to protect their political cronies big pharma while they continue to poison Americans in the name of health care..They are out of control! Here is another couple excerpts:

1. Under these new guidelines, Vitamin A, B complex, C, and D, as well as CoQ 10, would be outlawed....

Every year, 100,000 people per year die from prescription drugs — and this number only includes people who die from known side effects, not from prescription errors made by doctors and pharmacists.

Guess how many people died in 2006, 2007 and 2008, combined, from supplements? SIX

And yet who is the FDA going after? Not the pharmaceutical industry. They’re going after our supplements.

It just gets more insane every day...

shine.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-9-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
There is another thread on this here www.abovetopsecret.com...
but maybe this one will get more attention, as many didn't believe the other one due to the source. I personally find Dr. Mercola more trustworthy than Yahoo.
Here is a link to the Dr. Mercola article that information on how to fight back. Dr. Mercola

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Just call me cynical!!! The way I see it the creeps in the shadows HAVE to do this kind of BS, the faster all us baby boomers are dead, the sooner they can change the history books.

That is the core of these kinds of laws not just big $$$$$

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I always knew whole (Vitamin D - gotta love marketing) milk was just too good to be legal.

Why not just have "Government Approved Meal Option A, B, C. . . " and "Government Approved Drink, Grape, Cherry, Lemon. . ." This choice stuff is obviously too complex for the average person to handle.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
FDA = federal death agency!!!

They poison us by allowing pills that make us die slow but the ones that help us they go after the maker's and squeeze them til their last breath. Everyone should watch "burzynski the movie" its a real opener to what this gang of thugs does to people.
edit on 01/18/2011 by camouflaged because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
How do you make vitamin b illegal? What about people like me who haver pernicious anemia and have to have b12 every month to survive?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

THANK YOU for the link in your signature! I have grandchildren now and this is just the sort of data I was hunting for to give to my grown children as they face the growing government pressure to inject my grandbabies with unnecessary poisons!

Very concerned Grandmother here! When I heard about Perry's executive order in Texas I first turned white in fear and then red in anger!

Now is the time for all young parents to be paying close attention to all the FDA's political agendas!

edit on 9/16/11 by Cinaed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

THANK YOU for the link in your signature! I have grandchildren now and this is just the sort of data I was hunting for to give to my grown children as they face the growing government pressure to inject my grandbabies with unnecessary poisons!

Very concerned Grandmother here! When I heard about Perry's executive order in Texas I first turned white in fear and then red in anger!

Now is the time for all y

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Just disgusting!

I'm allready pissed about there being pat downs at NFL games, and now this.

I live a very active and healthy lifestyle so I do take alot of supplements. Protein shakes, B complex, vitamin C, Creatine, just to name a few. I have never had any negative side effects from any one of these supplements. They have only made me healthier and feel better.

Makes me wonder, what exactly they're trying to accomplish with this. Vitamin C??? Really FDA?? I mean really?? It's a wonder vitamn!!!

This whole thing reeks of NWO. Especially since they ignore the big pharma companies. Not to mention the FDA in itself is corrupt all the way to the top levels.

Come on you freedom loving Americans, I want to hear your excuse for taking away my vitamins!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
How do you make vitamin b illegal? What about people like me who haver pernicious anemia and have to have b12 every month to survive?

Oh you'll have to get a prescription for that if you really need it and of course it will cost 3 times as much if not more...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I honestly cannot believe that article, it's just that bonkers.

I take an assortment of vitamins (C, D, Multi) every day right before I hit the gym. I'm not sure how this would affect Canada, but I just cannot see this law passing.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The justification a lot are using for this type of law is the pure and simple fact that a vitamin supplement can make any kind of claim about the content of its supplement - that is misleading, if not outright false.

Ginseng supplements are particularly bad about this. Real Ginseng is ristupidly expensive as it is -only- cultivated in one location in the world (the rest is all pulled from naturally growing sources). Many supplements claiming to have it have very little to none.

This is, certainly, not right - and I do believe it should be -some- third party's goal to provide independent analysis of many supplements and brands to show how their claims match up to the reality.

However, the FDA has no business getting involved in it. They really have no business being involved in half of what they are, already.

God Forbid I eat something and get sick. Lord Knows, I'm dumb enough to buy it and eat it again.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This is nothing but protecting markets for politically connected mega corporations pure and simple That is what all government intervention is and done in the name of protecting the consumer. It is no ones business what you or I choose to ingest least of all governments. There is no constitutional authority for the federal government to be involved in this sort of thing. It just gets more insane every day. Something has got to give somewhere soon.

edit on 16-9-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It is my understanding that a similar law came into place the the UK recently - or at least was proposed. I remember reading about it and being outraged. I will see if I can find what I read, but it was ages ago, and I have no idea which publication it was in! lol

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Sorry FDA, but if this nonsense becomes "law" I will not be following it. I don't recognize you, nor the EPA, nor Homeland Stupidity, nor every other bureaucracy that is able to write "laws", because I am a citizen of the United States and its Constitution, wherein no authority is given for any agency but the legislative branch to write the law. When your "laws" are approved by a Congress of my elected representatives, I will re-consider my stance.

I have decided I am free and therefore will not allow you to usurp any more of my liberties. I just won't acknowledge these abridgments. I won't. Period.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I might be the odd one out here, and I don't completely agree with what is going on (if the article isn't sensationalizing this) but there is a pertinent point to bring up.
I see how much vitamins are costing my mother each month. She requires q 10 and b 12 as well as a few others. This can add up to a big chunk of her disability, and I find it ridiculous.

And how do we actually know what is in them and how much of it? Well I guess well known brands are a good bet but even then does anyone actually test them to see whats in it and if its maybe not a bad idea to regulate it? I certainly don't want my mother spending 22 bucks on a bottle of q 10 when in reality its traces of q 10 and some filler and I certainly don't want her to be affected by any outlaw on them (even though she can still get a free b12 shot every 3 months in canada).
edit on 16-9-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
So the government approved treatment of Milk Thistle, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E and other herbs is going to be outlawed? That's amazing, considering they will never admit the liver disease I'm dying from is caused by them in the first place. Of course it's not related to the obscene doses of prescription drugs they shoved down my throat. Nah.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join