It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Law Could Empty Vitamins Aisle...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I for one say good... For too long these crooks have been allowed to pedal a whole lot of nothing as "medicine".

I actually know someone that died from allergic reaction to Ginseng,

It's about time I say.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

There could be worse things in this world than having to get one's vitamins the natural way through fruits and vegetables, if only those foods still had them in the quantities they used to have.

The frankenfoods produced by the global industrial food manufacturers today have less and less of what we need in them. One sometimes wonders if a global meltdown of the current system wouldn't actually be a good thing so that the survivors might return to a more natural existence; at least for a while; especially if they figured out a way to avoid the evil of the almighty dollar which is behind almost all of these problems we have today with modern life.

edit on 9/16/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

It was attempted in Canada a couple years ago. The Canadian bill C-51 hopefully the link works. anyways there was a big outcry on facebook and such, and they actually stopped the bill from passing.

After the whole internet outcry they discovered that Tony Clement (the health minister at the time) was in bed with some bigpharma companies. so they moved him to something less in the spotlight, he was a minister of industry or something... then they discovered that he took some G8 money and used it to fix roads in his riding. so now he is just the the minister for FEDNOR some obscure economic development thing in northern Ontario.

Don't be surprised if someone tries this again, especially if the FDA gets its suggestion taken seriously.

edit on 16-9-2011 by Phrook because: wanted to change some wording

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

I know people allergic to peanuts.... Does that mean we should outlaw peanut butter?

What about shell fish!?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just another example of them trying to crack down on diversity.

They smash the abusers along with everyone else. What would we do without em?

They cream their pants dreaming of the day when all are equal and obedient.

If they could aim well enough to get just the abusers, it might work. But lets not kid ourselves. There's a LOT we don't know about health. It's easy to over control in an environment like this.

In the end, I fall back on: You can't cure stupid.
edit on 16-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's amazing to watch the world become a giant crap-fest before your eyes. Don't get me wrong, I know there's a lot changing for the better - but things are only going to get worse before they can start getting better. The greed hasn't peaked yet, but I have a feeling that it will within a year or two.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OhNoItsCritical

Are you kidding? Greed is the same as it has always been. No change.

If it has peaked, it peaked in the years before 9/11 and during the housing bubble.

The money we've thrown at terrorism/war is just paranoia, not greed.

What we're experiencing now is something extremely common in history.

Back on topic...

Having your own garden is the best method to stay healthy. That and exercise and intelligence.

(but the government might want to control what seeds you can use)

Me? I'm not very good about doing everything I need to. I'm happy that some people are.

Most important, I'm happy that they have the FREEDOM to be smart.
edit on 16-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

that is a great post.

its not always about doing everything right for health. professionally i should be the epitome of health. I am a personal trainer, but even i don't always follow the "right way". the point is having that freedom to choose if you want to screw your insides up.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

Simple you will see more on line pharmacies selling supplements to American buyers like they do now with prescription drugs.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
what is the "SPECIFIC" bill they are talking about?? not mentioned in the article at all... there were 2 bills never voted on, expired in 2004.

this covers all of that and the codex alimentarius as well. www.snopes.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Let me put this in layman's terms for everyone.

FDA = We need oversight for nutraceuticals

Translation

Layman's term = We want our cut and we are not sure how to get it, so we'll implement an oversight on vitamins, make them prescription only, so we can charge everyone extra.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by hawkiye

I for one say good... For too long these crooks have been allowed to pedal a whole lot of nothing as "medicine".

It's about time I say.

Yeah right...sigh! No one has died from ginseng...
But 100,000 a year die from prescription drugs...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by hawkiye

Just call me cynical!!! The way I see it the creeps in the shadows HAVE to do this kind of BS, the faster all us baby boomers are dead, the sooner they can change the history books.

That is the core of these kinds of laws not just big $$$$$

What about GenX? We are also old enough to go back to part of the times with the boomers. If they are trying to get rid of the boomers, they need to also get rid of the GenX as well. It is GenY that has traits that the TPTB wants and as been coddled and transformed into the good little worker bees that they require.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
what is the "SPECIFIC" bill they are talking about?? not mentioned in the article at all... there were 2 bills never voted on, expired in 2004.

this covers all of that and the codex alimentarius as well. www.snopes.com...

First of all stop relying on snopes they are proven liars and biased. Second read the article and click some links...

On July 1, the US Food and Drug Administration issued draft guidance for complying with the New Dietary Ingredient (NDI) notification protocols required by the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA)—seventeen years late. secure3.convio.net...

This is thier NEW interpretation of how to implement a LAW ALREADY PASSED.

edit on 16-9-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
But monsanto is good for us right ?

I filled out the form, takes a second to do so!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
can you give me 1 specific example where SNOPES lied?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
I always knew whole (Vitamin D - gotta love marketing) milk was just too good to be legal.

Why not just have "Government Approved Meal Option A, B, C. . . " and "Government Approved Drink, Grape, Cherry, Lemon. . ." This choice stuff is obviously too complex for the average person to handle.

That is, in essence, what will happen if we continue to sit by and "Big Brother" do what they want. Slowly but surely, we will be told that we are not smart enough to choose what to medicate ourselves with (Marijuana, for example) and instead you will get to choose from several FDA approved "medicines". Oh whats that? The side-effects far outweigh the beneficial effects of our medicine? Well, it is your choice not to use it, that is, until we make it mandatory.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So it's LEGAL to sell dangerous and sometimes fatal medications which have countless adverse side effects, it's LEGAL to sell food tainted with TONS of toxic materials, and it's LEGAL to have coal plants spewing toxins all over the place, and it's LEGAL for things like Fukushima to pollute virtually everything, and no one suffers ANY repercussions from it?

And then on the other hand it's going to soon be ILLEGAL to sell vitamin supplements?

If this is even 1 % true, than I want everyone to know that we are living under total complete genocidal tyranny.

If this is not stopped than the only solution left is to put all of these government people in prison. If that is not possible than revolt is the only solution.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by hawkiye

It's about time I say.

I'm not surprised that you would support something like this. Down with vitamins! They never did nobody no good!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
can you give me 1 specific example where SNOPES lied?

Their are many examples especially about Obama where they lied and show a clear bias lied said he never said something etc. and then you can go to youtube and hear him say it with your own ears. Of course the apologist are trying to counter by spreading BS all over the net. But you can search it here on ATS and on the net.

Here is one clear example: www.wnd.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join