It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Law Could Empty Vitamins Aisle...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think the FDA are doing this to make more sick people so their mates in big pharma can make more money.

All they do is protect their friend's interests.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You will read what we tell you to read - so we ban books, unless they tell our version of events
(RE: 9/11 - Warren commission)

You will know what we want you to know - so we control the press and what you read and hear daily.
(Al Qaeda, Al Qeada, world terrorism, Lady Gaga)

You will eat what we tell you to - so we ban vitamins and certain food stuffs. (We fill your fruit and vegetables with
chemicals weakening your immune system and mind, making you far easier to
control.)

We will control your every movement - so we give you biometric passports so we can find your face anywhere in
the world on a street camera. (And we give you cell phones with GPS so we
can track you every second of the day.)

Inspite that all of the above may seem to be controlling and that of a totallitarian regime...its for your own good, because WE KNOW WHATS GOD FOR YOU, (oooppps sorry GOOD for you) and you dont.

And dont forget...KEEP BUYING...our shops need you.

(This was anouncment on behalf of the New World Order..working for you for a better one government world.)
edit on 17-9-2011 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2011 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thanks for letting us know. I sent the petition to all my reps.

Let's hope this law does not pass.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Bills are NOT laws and should not be percieved as such. Many are crimes. Following some of them would be a crime.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
More from the control freak idiots who suffer from grand delusions of superiority. How do they manage to gain positions of authority from which they can cause so much wide spread damage in such numbers? Little do they realize how pathetically stupid they make themselves appear when try to do this sort of thing. Keep piling the twigs on the camel's back morons. Something is going to give and when it does it won't be pretty.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

I'm pretty sure THAT is the plan...keep piling on and piling on.... The intent is to collapse the current system. Pretty.... or not is not the priority In fact, the uglier the better probably IS the priority.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
S&F!

I am so sick and tired of greed and that is what this is all about! The FDA and "Big Pharma" are evil entities and it's up to us to regulate them. They obviously don't care about the population. They want to control the population while filling their pockets with cash! This is ABSURD! I sent the following email out to everyone I know and I ask you to do the same to stop this nonsense.

"Big Pharma" profits threatened by low cost supplement

The "Dietary Supplement Labeling Act of 2011" treats vitamins and other supplements as if they are drugs, and imposes regulations that could cause your favorite supplements to be taken off the market

The cost of your dietary supplements is also likely to greatly increase

The open comment period on the FDA's proposed guidelines expires on September 30, 2011; act now to help protect your health freedom

Under these new guidelines, Vitamin A, B complex, C, and D, as well as CoQ 10, would be outlawed....

Every year, 100,000 people per year die from prescription drugs — and this number only includes people who die from known side effects, not from prescription errors made by doctors and pharmacists.

Guess how many people died in 2006, 2007 and 2008, combined, from supplements? SIX

And yet who is the FDA going after? Not the pharmaceutical industry. They’re going after our supplements.

They are moving to protect their political cronies (big pharma) while they continue to poison Americans in the name of health care.

You can see the whole story here:
articles.mercola.com...

Please send this email out to as many people as possible and use the following link to file a petition:
www.capwiz.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
what are you people bitching about? the guvment has to do something about ss and medicare i mean really if we all live past 80 the whole system collapses and we all starve. would that be better than the government/fda/big pharma thinning the herd so we can continue on as if everythings ok and get away from this stupid internet and back to our tvs???

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
I for one say good... For too long these crooks have been allowed to pedal a whole lot of nothing as "medicine".
I actually know someone that died from allergic reaction to Ginseng,
It's about time I say.

Oh boy, I was wondering who the hell may think that making vitamins a prescripted medicament can be any good.

And then I looked on nickname. Mr exploding thermite, howdy.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ever since WW2 this world keeps getting more backwards! Every day, every minute.

Like when you were a kid and it was 'opposite day'.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

The money we've thrown at terrorism/war is just paranoia, not greed.

Jeez, I hate to break it to ya, but it is still ALL about greed. Who do you think the paranoia serves?
- weapons/arms manufacturers
- mercenaries (Blackwater or whatever they call themselves these days)
- the massively expanding department of Homeland Security and all those companies that supply their needs
- the builders, employees and administrators of FEMA camps all over the US
- the burgeoning FBI, CIA; etc. etc.
- and on, and on

There's a lot of money to be made on paranoia. The drug cartels are but one part of a huge, greed filled corporatocracy.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The FDA really, really cares about us.
So...

Two thirds of Americans are now either overweight or obese.
Close all fast food restaurants immediately!

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 33,808 people died in traffic crashes in 2009 in the United States, including an estimated 10,839 people who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes.
Ban all alcohol immediately!
Cars too while you're at it!

Over 86,000 people died of lung cancer in 2010.
Ban all cigarettes immediately!

When they are done fighting McDonalds, Burger King, the alcohol companies and the cigarette companies in court, THEN go after nutritional supplements!
edit on 17-9-2011 by Sabreblade because: To add sarcasm

edit on 17-9-2011 by Sabreblade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Wow, this really is pathetic, i haven't taken a multi in a week since im all out, and i can feel the effects of not having it, the FDA has already banned the 2 greatest smart drugs ever made, Piracetam and Nefiracetam....now this?

*SNIP*
edit on 16-9-2011 by Skyfloating because: Post edited by Moderator. Threats of crime are not allowed on ATS.

As of April 2011, Piracetam continues to be widely available online and in some shops in the United States, but is no longer marketed as a dietary supplement. - en.wikipedia.org...

Unless it's changed since April, it doesn't look like it's been outlawed, just not sold as a supplement. You can still get it online. - www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

People are told these are only beneficial and can't harm them. On top of that these products are allowed to make untrue claims and their manufacturers are essentially running scams. If, and it's a big if, any of these products are actually useful as medication they should be regulated as such.

Put it like this, these things are more regulated in Europe and Europeans are healthier than Americans. If you really want to be healthy, eat well and exercise. If you need medication, don't trust people that aren't doctors. I trust licensed accupuncturists for instance. But letting companies make any old thing and sell it with lots of vague promises is wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
But letting companies make any old thing and sell it with lots of vague promises is wrong.

You obviously don't understand what kinda deal is going on here. Those products will be still being sold, but you will be forced to visit your doctor and pay multiple price for it.
It's not stopping some harmful medicament from spread. It's taking substances which were proved beneficial countless times, out of free market. They are already under strict medical scrutiny same as cough syrups. but unlike the latter you won't be able to buy them unless doctor gives paid approval.
You mentioned someone having ginseng allergy died from using ginseng. Well.................... I have mild allergy on aspirine, yet I don't want it to be pre-scripted or banned. I just have to avoid taking it, get it?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

If you need medication, don't trust people that aren't doctors. I trust licensed accupuncturists for instance. But letting companies make any old thing and sell it with lots of vague promises is wrong.

You are dicombobulating the discussion.

Nobody wants to let anyone sell anything with false promises. On the other hand, people have relied on non medical persons for an eternity with good results. Most of modern medicine is derived from some natural plant or other. Drug companies are scanning the wilds all the time for plants that natives use so that they can patent them and use them themselves for a profit.

Today's doctors and the drug companies are tied together in business, moreso than in health. Their practice is not to be given free reign without scrutiny. So it should be with the more natural remedies; but to to lump them all together as charlatans is simply wrong.

It is a chore, but each of us has a responsibility to research all the information we can in order to decide where the best plan of treatment or prevention lies for each specific circumstance. To rely only on medical doctors is as silly, and dangerous as relying on any one source out to make money. Use your brain. That is what it is there for.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by hawkiye

Just call me cynical!!! The way I see it the creeps in the shadows HAVE to do this kind of BS, the faster all us baby boomers are dead, the sooner they can change the history books.

That is the core of these kinds of laws not just big $$$$$

Um no. The sooner you baby losers are dead= the sooner idiot politicians stop getting re-elected. Your entire generation is nothing but a bunch of putrid cowardly traitors. Your a luciferian generation. A generation of swingers, hedonist's and contrarians.

The simple fact is the baby Boomer generation is nothing more then a plague of locus. You consume and consume and consume. You consumed all the wealth of this great country and yet your appetites are far from quenched. Don't dare try to paint your generation as the "last line" when in fact your generation composed the overwhelming ranks of storm troopers for TPTB.

+ Most baby boomers are utterly idiotic imbeciles. Granted some may have an education but the vast majority of boomers might as well be illiterate. I take great umbrage over the fact that you dare insinuate that the worst generation in American history is actually good for something.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but the name of the author of the referenced news article in the first post is Jim "Healthy." Mr. Healthy doesn't cite to any sources for his claims.

edit on 18-9-2011 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by hawkiye

Just call me cynical!!! The way I see it the creeps in the shadows HAVE to do this kind of BS, the faster all us baby boomers are dead, the sooner they can change the history books.

That is the core of these kinds of laws not just big $$$$$

Um no. The sooner you baby losers are dead= the sooner idiot politicians stop getting re-elected. Your entire generation is nothing but a bunch of putrid cowardly traitors. Your a luciferian generation. A generation of swingers, hedonist's and contrarians.

The simple fact is the baby Boomer generation is nothing more then a plague of locus. You consume and consume and consume. You consumed all the wealth of this great country and yet your appetites are far from quenched. Don't dare try to paint your generation as the "last line" when in fact your generation composed the overwhelming ranks of storm troopers for TPTB.

+ Most baby boomers are utterly idiotic imbeciles. Granted some may have an education but the vast majority of boomers might as well be illiterate. I take great umbrage over the fact that you dare insinuate that the worst generation in American history is actually good for something.

Oh please get over yourself your generation is no better. Most of them are to busy watching American Idol or making sure they have the latest and greatest Ipod or going off to fight wars for mega corps thinking they are protecting thier country and have no clue what hard work is and are selfish and immature. So get off that high horse and get that block of granite off your shoulder. True patriots are a small minority in any generation and major change happens slowly unfortunately. Classifying and lumping people together by age is no better then doing it by race or income and shows a lack of reason and logic...
edit on 18-9-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

That's not exactly true is it?

I can't just rock up to my doctor and DEMAND meds. Making these things go through an evaluation process and them limiting their usage through a doctor is a GOOD idea.

IF they ARE potent, then they should be regulated, if they do NOTHING then it won't matter.

Which is it? Do they do something medical? OR are they placebos?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join