It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once Again The Stocks Are Higher Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It seems to me that every time DOW is a near free they always find a false excuse, like the jobs report today i believe?

source
On CNN AM the repoter was very gitter over how the stocks were so much higher and she even wished that stocks would stay higher today, any thoughts on this?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
it would seem that Investors are more gullible than the masses!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Logic dictates that the Market is doing the opposite of what they should do,with all the bad News lately...Me thinks the EZB (and FED) aren´t just buying Bonds from Spain and Italy,but Stocks too.

Gold and Silver? Either Banks are selling everything they have to raise Money (because they can´t get it elsewhere),or/and it is beeing pushed down by someone (or some Entity) to stop the Collapse for awhile. Or someone wants the Sheeple out of Gold and Silver so they can buy all the physical before it is beeing let loose shortly before a Collapse happens (with Insider Info).

Either way,i think this "Rally" is a bad Sign, because it shows that 1.) The Market is completely out of Control, or 2.) Thats there is a massive Intervention from Goverments and/or Central Banks,which would be a last Resort to delay a Collaps. An Intervention can´t go on forever,because the Situation won´t get better anytime soon,clearly the Opposite.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
CNN is nothing more than a cheer-leading section for the current U.S. administration's "recovery" any more.

You'd think the real story today would be that bland link in the business section that says "Foreclosures rise in August."

They probably don't want to draw your attention to the fact that home-owners who received their first notice in August is up a staggering 33% from July. That's the biggest increase in 4 years, and is now higher than any time in the last 9 months.

The only reason those numbers had been dropping artificially over the last 11 months, is because of the "log jam" created by the investigation into "robo-signing". The banks are once again scraping all that real property toward themselves... just as planned.

They'd rather root the S&P on the news that Merkel and Sarkozy seem convinced that Greece will stay in the Euro area, with the backing of Germany and France.

Why would they give it to you straight, though, when they can fool you into believing happiness is raining from the sky.

Besides, they can't push it off the cliff yet, they aren't even done collecting all the goodies from the last round.

Mortgage-Default Filings Jump 33% in U.S. as Bank Foreclosure Logjam Eases

Jobless Claims Rise Again -- 428K Weekly First-Time Benefits Requests
edit on 15-9-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Climbing the wall of worry. The major indexes are still trading within a bear flag channel and haven't broken out of major resistance levels.
My guess is the markets are going to dump soon.
edit on 15-9-2011 by SpaceMonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
manipulation?? are the stocks being manipulated to go upwords to make a last buck before it collapses? up the price on stock, sell it to make money, then let gravity do the rest??

just throwing out an idea

edit on 15/9/11 by scoobyrob because: spl

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
To me it appears the stocks reflect investor hopes, of which are being pumped up by the daily headlines and conversely fall on headlines as well, depending on the major news of the day. Investors want to cling to an optimistic outlook, its how they make money. They first and foremost have profit in mind. So invest they will if news signals good fortunes ahead, even if the world around us is burning to the ground.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The reserve is propping up the market and so are bots. Its all fake just like the economy. If the Government were to stop spending $ and borrowing like crazy what you would see is a major crash because all of this is fake right now. Its not real people propping up the economy or investors. Its a really bad situation.

You are about to see a market dump and a spike in commodities after that. I will be buying stock like crazy when we dive to 8 or 9k.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
My theory . . . and it is just a theory . . . is that the markets are driven by nothing more than computer programs buying and selling for the very very rich.

The market goes up for a couple of days . . . then swings back down for a couple of days without rhyme nor reason. There have been more triple digit swings in the market than ever before.

So, if you buy at the ebb and it heads up say 10 percent and you sell, and you do this with the same stock on consecutive swings, you're gonna make a whole whack of dough especially if you know when the swings are going to take place. The rich get richer and the poor eventually fall by the wayside because they don't have the inside track on the swings. Wealth gets consolidated and . . . well . . . what you see now is akin to Dracula sucking the last drops out of a corpse.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

it is just a theory . . . is that the markets are driven by nothing more than computer programs buying and selling for the very very rich.

thats not a theory thats pretty much true some of if not all of the stocks are controlled by a computer.

new topics

top topics

join