It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

its getting serious

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

they always looks like this bud...

sometimes they're just 100% black from the crazy lines.

no panic here

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

yeah that makes sense i just mean on the richter scale and the order of magnitude!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Appears the LA quake was upgraded from 3.4 to 3.5

It's extremely rare to see them 'upgrade' one. I almost always see them downgraded.

Nice to know they actually are willing to upgrade it if it's warranted. I always wonder about that kind of stuff.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
4.1 just hit near Vancouver Canada

It was off shore very close to the location that the 6.4 from earlier in the week occurred at.

More within last hour:
4.1 near Philiphines / Indonesia

edit on 15-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

5.5 Fiji
edit on 15-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
To be honest mate, i've been stalking the USGS site for years, and this all looks like a normal day at the office to me

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

edit on 15-9-2011 by rykc27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I just noticed this and thought it was a good place to bring this up.

You mentioned the odd 3.0 in Birmingham, AL. that happened on 9/13. Firstly, I concur that it is in fact odd. I lived in that area for 15 plus years and it is a very urban area with no notable earthquakes to my knowledge - unless they were so small as not to be felt or publicized.

Ok, so just to add to the weirdness, now the USGS is listing two more earthquakes that were in almost the same spot but deeper. So there was the 3.0 @ 5:59 pm CST, then a 2.6 @ 7:45pm CST, and finally a 2.5 @ 7:50pm CST. So all three quakes occurred within a 2 hour time frame. Why the additional two just now showed up I won't hypothesize. These quakes are definitely food for thought...

Source: USGS

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Looking at this info, I guarantee the next major EQ will strike in the next 1 to 500 days.

You could be in the shower when it strikes, soap all over your face. Blind and slipping all over the place trying to get out into the hall way. All for a little 5.0.

Look, if you live along our talkative Pacific Plate, go do a quick survey of your living and work spaces, and make note of unsafe areas and what valuables will go flying around, potentially breaking.

Finally move on to other thoughts and relax already. Don't spend all day watching live seismic charts, waiting for the line to wiggle and rush to ATS to post about every little EQ. Your just stressing yourself out and spreading fear.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I gotta tell you that your reasoning concerning long threads baffles the hell out of me. You want to talk long winded answers.... let's start with yours...lol A huge chunk of space taken out concerning the concept of long threads and why you stay away from them. It doesn't appear that the issue you have has anything to do with the issue posted...(nor is my response...however: when responding to something there had to be a reason for doing so.. common sense...)

How in the hell does a long thread mean..............run away? lol If anything it would tell the individual that the discussion at hand must be damn interesting to have so many comments, opinions, facts etc. With a thread that's short and on the boards for some time tells me............... boring...maybe not worth the trouble.

Another example... You have 1 restaurant on 1 side of the road and another on the opposite side. 1 restaurant has customers coming out the door and down the sidewalk and out to the parking lot. The other... a couple eaters inside. Which restaurant would you choose? The customers coming out the door must know something...or they wouldn't be waiting forever to get a table.

Bottom line.............your reasoning against joining a long thread.... odd and not very smart.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join