It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many American Christians believe that AIDS can be a supernatural curse?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I was quite shocked to see this clip by the popular US gospel star Carman.

I remember it from my youth, when Satanic-panic was sweeping the land (at least the white subculture anyway), and teaching kids to steer clear of the "occult' was more important than teaching them about safe sex or drug abuse.

In any case, this clip always caused much debate.
Viewing it again now, I'm shocked that teachers allowed such misinformation.

There is a line of lyrics in this narrative which claims that a person can be "cursed" with AIDS!

I thought that line of supernatural thinking was more typical of Africa.
But yet, here Carman claims the same thing in one of the most popular gospel videos aimed at the youth in the 1990s.
And this is from America!

What is your opinion on this?
Can somebody be "cursed" with disease and "AIDS" by a witch or warlock?
Is it a good and moral video - or is it a shame to a so-called "advanced" country, like the USA?

Carman - A witch's invitation.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

If you think the claims or actions of a single man represent everything that Christians believe in, you're wrong. The only one that fits that description is Jesus, and he's the Son of God.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

In Sth Africa they believe the cure is to rape a virgin child.

I believe HIV/AIDS is man made.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

No in South Africa we do not believe the "cure" is to rape a virgin child.
Maybe this has happened, but I don't know of a single case.
We don't think that at all.
People have heard of the tests and medicines, and after years of having a president (Thabo Mbeki) who entertained Western Aids denialists, we want medicine and equal treatment.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I know it doesn't represent all Christians.
Thanks for replying.
But, let's face it - the people who claim to be Christians and preach this can still fill up stadiums.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The rockefellers and other groups developed AIDS and released it in vaccines in the 70's-80;s.

I believe it was around 1911 that the rockefellers started their bio-chemical research and development. Shortly after that plagues and flues were quite common. Good thing they had the cure for it tho $$$

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You can fill a stadium with hollow earth believers Elenin is really a spaceshipers and people that will agree that chestnuts are lazy. Filling stadiums is too easy. Not sure why song lyrics from the 90's from a singer that isnt exactly a household name is worthy of delving into the "meanings" of his lyrics. Given even if he was some major international superstar you can dont have to look too hard to find even more heinous claims or deragatory language in lyrics.

I smell fish. Wheres theres fish theres a fisherman. Where theres a fisherman, theres bait. This thread may just catch that BIG ONE!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SiKFury

Huh?
The stadiums are being filled by evangelical American pastors across Africa.
Carman is a multi-million Dollar global gospel superstar.
They have have their own TV channels that broadcast their propaganda to the entire globe 24-hours a day!
So I'm not sure why you are comparing this to fringe beliefs - because this is a massive global movement.

edit on 14-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
The rockefellers and other groups developed AIDS and released it in vaccines in the 70's-80;s.

A statement of fact that should have some evidene to back it up - or be recouched as a believe based un supposition.

which is it?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
More controversially I must add that curses can be real.
If it is in the belief system of a person that they are bewitched, they may very well fade away.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No, I don't think this at all. I am not sure what caused it but I don't think it is a supernatural curse by some god. If God did exist, he wouldn't curse the children he created in his own image with such a horrid disease. My friend just adopted a little girl from Ukraine. She is four and was born with the disease. Only a crazy god would infect a child in such a fashion. Just my two cents. I suspect many will want to give me change.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

If you think the claims or actions of a single man represent everything that Christians believe in, you're wrong. The only one that fits that description is Jesus, and he's the Son of God.

Well said.
But that begs the question also in a way.
What would Jesus say on HIV/AIDS?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Oops double post.
But now that it's here, let me clarify:
- I never said all Christians believe this anywhere, in fact I'm wondering:
- how many do believe this?
What is your opinion?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

A statement of fact that should have some evidene to back it up - or be recouched as a believe based un supposition.

which is it?

The incidence of AIDS infections in Africa coincides exactly with the locations of the W.H.O. smallpox vaccination program in the mid-1970's. Some 14,000 Haitians then on UN secondment to Central Africa were also vaccinated in this campaign. Personnel actually conducting the vaccinations may have been completely unaware that the vaccine was anything other than what they were told.

In the 1920s and ‘30s, the Rockefeller Foundation was one of the largest and most successful operating foundations focused on global health issues with a staff of active researchers and scientists. They offered free vaccines in the late 70's to thousands of people in Africa. Around 7 years later AIDS was full bloom in the world.

You have to dig deep but the information is out there. Here is a link that scrapes the surface. educate-yourself.org...
edit on 14-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Maybe I haven't done enough research on the HIV/AIDS conspiracy theories but I for some reason have a hard time seeing this as a man made disease. I don't think the Rockefellers or any other organization would be able to develop such a robust virus. To me this virus seems organic in its complexity. Just one man's opinion...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

There's a good book by Edward Hooper The River on the polio vaccinations in central Africa in the late 1950s.
Scary to think they would use two needles for something like a thousand people.
HIV had probably already spread to humans before that, but one would be foolish to assume that this exercise played no part in spreading it globally.

Currently we know that the Monkey Pox has spread via bites and scratches to humans through the bush meat industry in the Congo area.
We have no evidence it has spread from human to human yet.
But virologists think it might jump very quickly.
Now imagine one took a major vaccination campaign to that area with unclean needles.

Scary also to think that all those Africans in that anti-polio campaign were essentially human guinea pigs to test the safety of the vaccine for Western countries.

edit on 15-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Sorry, I meant to say 'there are those who'

I read a massive article about it on a UN page.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

That's OK, it's a much repeated narrative.
I've even seen it repeated in journals.
South Africa is a big place, and especially in the rural areas people respond in ways that we cannot always understand.
But some people have studied these claims, and except for one or two cases they could find no general or sustained belief that raping a virgin will "cure" HIV/AIDS.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Oops double post.
But now that it's here, let me clarify:
- I never said all Christians believe this anywhere, in fact I'm wondering:
- how many do believe this?
What is your opinion?

I should clarify my first post then, instead of "you're wrong", I should have said, "you would be wrong", as with anyone who makes assumptions/generalizations would be. Again, not saying you do, but if you did, you'd be wrong

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Yeh, it isn't a cure, just a farked up mindset. Psychopathic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join