It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
I guess you skipped the part in the site where it stated we may not be related at all.
I didn't see where scientists made that statement. You must be talking about where the believers of answersingenesis made that statement?

Second, every single living creature on earth has some similar DNA, life is made up of the same ingredients. You can make bread, gravy, paste, rolls, pretzels, molds etc all with the same ingredients, yet they are not the same in texture, taste or appearance.
Neither are many animals, but they can all be related in one way or another, just like those food groups you mentioned.

Why can't God use the same ingredients, in varying amounts, to create all He has created?
Because he is omnipotent? Why couldn't he make everything uniquely, with not dna resemblance at all? That would completely kill evolution.

I had always wanted to believe in God, but couldn't get a complete understanding about Him and was still unsure. Until........in 2003, I went into cardiac arrest. My heart stopped for more than 7 minutes and this is when I learned the truth. You can believe me or you can deny the TRUTH. I saw the light of God, He spoke to me...not with words, but with emotion and He told me it was not my time.
Actually, if you are speaking of the christian god, you should have been sent to hell, not heaven, since you didn't have Jesus, or is that not what the bible preaches?

The love, peace, joy, and beauty was so overwhelming, it changed me from doubt, to belief. Our time on earth is fleeting, so make a decision now.
Ok, I choose not to believe in something without sufficient evidence, such as gods.

Forget about scientific opinion and face the fact. If you can believe a scientists opinion, you can believe my experience.
No. Science uses evidence. Sorry. If they say something is true, but don't provide any evidence, why would I believe it?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by infinitecuriosity

I asked those same questions myself, but I have come to realize the answer and it is simple. We were created in His own image and He did not create us a robots, programed to live how He wants us too. He has given humans the ability to control our own lives, to make decisions to live the way we want too. He is not there to pick us up when we fall. He gave us the ability to control our own destiny and see where it takes us. Yes, there is suffering throughout the world, but it is their decision on whether they want to find a way out of it. There are probably more than one million Haitian's in the United States now, no longer living in dilapidated housing and starving for food. They are here working, living in air-conditioned homes, feeding their families and more. Many are believer's in God as well. As far as those in Africa, although not enough, it is Christian's and other religious sects who are there daily, including governments, feeding, medicating and helping them. My urologist came from Somalia in his late teens after his family was massacred. He got an education, then a degree and became a doctor. It was his decision to leave the crime, death and despair. Somewhere in the scripture, it states that God will help guide those who help themselves. Sadly, so many in these poor nations, sit in the hot sun waiting for handouts. This is your answer and I hope you accept it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
the original hebrew is alot more revealing than the greek--->latin--->english. back then they kept their notes on science in the same place as their genealogies, historical data and laws.
Ok, so show me where it says that white holes/black holes were gods, and that they created galaxies, using the ancient hebrew. I suppose even the scholars see it this way too, since they would understand the ancient hebrew fairly well?
edit on 16-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Somewhere in the scripture, it states that God will help guide those who help themselves.

If people help themselves, what use is god? Wonder why he fed the Hebrews manna from heaven while they wandered the desert for 40 years?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Sadly, so many in these poor nations, sit in the hot sun waiting for handouts. This is your answer and I hope you accept it.
It's too bad you weren't born to a poor family in Africa who sit and wait for handouts because there's nothing else they can do, especially when militia men come and destroy everything they own, when it wasn't that much to begin with.

It's also too bad you weren't born in Saudi Arabia, where you would be a devout Muslim at this moment.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by UniverSoul

Apart from fossils, which is purely speculative at best. Is there actually any evidence of a mutation in an animal to cause it to become another genus of animal? Say a mouse for some reason has 3 legs, its still a mouse is it not? that would be considered a mutation according to you?

END THREAD. You have just lost.

Palaeontological data show that mangrove ecosystems had been widespread in the Tethys Sea since the Paleocene-Eocene (60-35 millions of years ago: Ellison et al., 1999), just when the first gobioid fishes appear in the fossil record

My only point would be since they first show up in the fossil record, which is heavily relied upon in the evolutionary theory, how is it that these creatures have not evolved into hands and feet, they are carnivorous after all, fins are alot lot chop sicks when trying to eat, no? 30 million years still no feet?

Mud skipper to old to evolve?
edit on 16-9-2011 by habfan1968 because: grammar, and too add.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

reply to post by infinitecuriosity

I asked those same questions myself, but I have come to realize the answer and it is simple. We were created in His own image and He did not create us a robots, programed to live how He wants us too. He has given humans the ability to control our own lives, to make decisions to live the way we want too. He is not there to pick us up when we fall. He gave us the ability to control our own destiny and see where it takes us.

Even if this means killing his own offpring? What Hitler and Stalin did. His own creation flawed..

Yes, there is suffering throughout the world, but it is their decision on whether they want to find a way out of it.

Not a single person-child has chosen to be born in poverty and die because of this. All children are born innocent and still are being punsihed?? Their parents have no way out. Please check out the world and whats going on..to say its their own decision is just plain and utter ignorence.

There are probably more than one million Haitian's in the United States now, no longer living in dilapidated housing and starving for food. They are here working, living in air-conditioned homes, feeding their families and more. Many are believer's in God as well. As far as those in Africa, although not enough, it is Christian's and other religious sects who are there daily, including governments, feeding, medicating and helping them. My urologist came from Somalia in his late teens after his family was massacred. He got an education, then a degree and became a doctor. It was his decision to leave the crime, death and despair. Somewhere in the scripture, it states that God will help guide those who help themselves. Sadly, so many in these poor nations, sit in the hot sun waiting for handouts. This is your answer and I hope you accept it.

I will never accept this ignorance. As your god allowes many millions of people to die each day. But then again, its their own choice, so god cannot be blamed for this.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Actually, the fossil record isn't even needed to support evolution but it's a nice touch.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

I guess you skipped the part in the site where it stated we may not be related at all.
I didn't see where scientists made that statement. You must be talking about where the believers of answersingenesis made that statement?

*No, you need to do more research, my friend.

Second, every single living creature on earth has some similar DNA, life is made up of the same ingredients. You can make bread, gravy, paste, rolls, pretzels, molds etc all with the same ingredients, yet they are not the same in texture, taste or appearance.
Neither are many animals, but they can all be related in one way or another, just like those food groups you mentioned.

*They are related. They all have living cells, similar in structure. Just because they are made up of the same ingredients, it does not make them related. Airplanes, helicopters, cars, trucks, tanks, trains, etc are all made with the same ingredients but they are all different. Have you ever thought that other ingredients may not work? You cannot make spaghetti out of steel....or can you?

Why can't God use the same ingredients, in varying amounts, to create all He has created?
Because he is omnipotent? Why couldn't he make everything uniquely, with not dna resemblance at all? That would completely kill evolution.

*Why don't humans make the same things with completely different molecular structure? God created all things for a purpose, a purpose which we do not have the intelligence to even begin to understand. I will not question his reasoning behind it all because it is of no importance to me.

I had always wanted to believe in God, but couldn't get a complete understanding about Him and was still unsure. Until........in 2003, I went into cardiac arrest. My heart stopped for more than 7 minutes and this is when I learned the truth. You can believe me or you can deny the TRUTH. I saw the light of God, He spoke to me...not with words, but with emotion and He told me it was not my time.
Actually, if you are speaking of the christian god, you should have been sent to hell, not heaven, since you didn't have Jesus, or is that not what the bible preaches?

* I did not say I did not have Jesus, I only had my doubts. I was not sent to Hell because I was given another chance to live the life He expects. God truly is a forgiving, loving and real entity.

The love, peace, joy, and beauty was so overwhelming, it changed me from doubt, to belief. Our time on earth is fleeting, so make a decision now.
Ok, I choose not to believe in something without sufficient evidence, such as gods.

* That is fine with me. You have a right to deny the truth. Just remember what I told you. I am not going to argue the truth. I planted a seed and I am sure...if not in the near future....you one day will see the truth.

Forget about scientific opinion and face the fact. If you can believe a scientists opinion, you can believe my experience.
No. Science uses evidence. Sorry. If they say something is true, but don't provide any evidence, why would I believe it?

* Science has NOT proven the truth. They are still searching for the truth. They evaluate the evidence and give their opinions, but I have yet to see factual information to any of these subjects. Google Neanderthals lived alongside humans, and you will see the multitude of facts and evidence. We are not the same if you believe what scientific research has uncovered.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Question for creationist.....do you believe that the Pope is the leader of the church, following the position anointed to Peter(Simon) with many succeeding him to the current Pope Benedict XVI. Therefore Gods representative on earth?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

The answer is pretty simple. They have not changed (grown arms and legs) because there is no enviromental pressure to make the change. They are doing well as they are.

Also changes would likely mean they are less well adapted to survive in their present niche so unless they could move to a new enviroment that suited these changes and that enviroment was not occupied with creatures better suited they would die out. Become extinct.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

*No, you need to do more research, my friend.
Is it on that link you posted? You asked me if I skipped that part. I didn't see anywhere on there where scientists said we may not have been related at all.

*They are related. They all have living cells, similar in structure. Just because they are made up of the same ingredients, it does not make them related. Airplanes, helicopters, cars, trucks, tanks, trains, etc are all made with the same ingredients but they are all different. Have you ever thought that other ingredients may not work? You cannot make spaghetti out of steel....or can you?
Again, we're talking about evolution of living things, not manufactured things. Big difference. Manufactured things don't replicate on their own. Living things do.

*Why don't humans make the same things with completely different molecular structure? God created all things for a purpose, a purpose which we do not have the intelligence to even begin to understand. I will not question his reasoning behind it all because it is of no importance to me.
Humans aren't supernatural. Yet, they do make things with different molecular structures. They can use metals, plastics, composite materials, etc. Not sure what you were getting at on that one.

I did not say I did not have Jesus, I only had my doubts. I was not sent to Hell because I was given another chance to live the life He expects. God truly is a forgiving, loving and real entity.
If so, why doesn't EVERYONE get that chance?

* That is fine with me. You have a right to deny the truth. Just remember what I told you. I am not going to argue the truth. I planted a seed and I am sure...if not in the near future....you one day will see the truth.
That's fine.

* Science has NOT proven the truth. They are still searching for the truth. They evaluate the evidence and give their opinions, but I have yet to see factual information to any of these subjects. Google Neanderthals lived alongside humans, and you will see the multitude of facts and evidence. We are not the same if you believe what scientific research has uncovered.
Do you have the truth? Prove it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
Question for creationist.....do you believe that the Pope is the leader of the church, following the position anointed to Peter(Simon) with many succeeding him to the current Pope Benedict XVI. Therefore Gods representative on earth?

no, although.........there IS something very ..um....well i don't want to just spurt it out, trying to think how to temper it a bit. something unique about rome. best way i know to say it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

the original hebrew is alot more revealing than the greek--->latin--->english. back then they kept their notes on science in the same place as their genealogies, historical data and laws.
Ok, so show me where it says that white holes/black holes were gods, and that they created galaxies, using the ancient hebrew. I suppose even the scholars see it this way too, since they would understand the ancient hebrew fairly well?

surely, i will u2u the information and we can quibble about it there. cause i can tell you now, if i start posting the data in this thread, it will highjack the thread and i'll get yelled at

edit on 16-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

You seem to know so much about me Hydroman. Well, let me tell you I was very poor as a child, my mother and three siblings lost our father to cancer when he was 47 years old. I was molested as a child by a babysitters sons and then watched my sister get raped by someone we thought we could trust. I wore steel braces on my legs when I was a young boy and was attacked by four individuals on my way home from school and they pulled the braces off my legs and threw them in a deep muddy ditch filled with polluted water and I had to crawl down there to get them back. When I was eight years old, I saw a man get shot in the head during a drug deal. I now suffer with a heart condition and have an autoimmune condition that has caused narcolepsy. Need I go on? After all of this...I am still a good person, I work, have a good job, a wonderful wife and two beautiful, highly intelligent children. Why am I still the person I know I should be? Why am I no longer in the situation I grew up in? BECAUSE I GOT MYSELF OUT OF THAT SAD PART OF MY LIFE AND HELPED MYSELF. I DID NOT SIT AND WAIT FOR A HANDOUT! God followed through on His promise that He will help those who help themselves. He has helped me overcome numerous obstacles and has produced miracles in my life. Grow up Hydroman! Your are making a total fool of yourself by trying to berate my views and belief's because you realize you are losing this debate and your dignity is being pulled from your grasp. Not once have I berated you, I have only answered your question with honesty.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

No! Frankly, I believe the Pope and those in the Vatican to be a political entity. I do not like the fact that they make their own laws and force their own interpretation of the Bible. For instance, for many centuries, Catholic priests were not allowed to marry. I also do not like the fact that they defend those priests who have molested young children!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

surely, i will u2u the information and we can quibble about it there. cause i can tell you now, if i start posting the data in this thread, it will highjack the thread and i'll get yelled at

edit on 16-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)
Cool. I'll be waiting.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You seem to know so much about me Hydroman.

I am sorry that you've had it that bad. I could only imagine what you've gone through. It is great that you've kept your head up and now have a family life.

BECAUSE I GOT MYSELF OUT OF THAT SAD PART OF MY LIFE AND HELPED MYSELF. I DID NOT SIT AND WAIT FOR A HANDOUT!
This is exactly right. It was you, and you only. You don't give yourself enough credit.

God followed through on His promise that He will help those who help themselves. He has helped me overcome numerous obstacles and has produced miracles in my life.
No sir. You did this! You overcame it yourself, and that is awesome. Don't think you can't do anything, you can with enough effort.

Grow up Hydroman! Your are making a total fool of yourself by trying to berate my views and belief's because you realize you are losing this debate and your dignity is being pulled from your grasp. Not once have I berated you, I have only answered your question with honesty.

I agree that I could use some growing up. I welcome it. I often make a fool of myself, but I also learn from it. We learn from our mistakes. Am I losing this debate? I guess it depends on how you look at it. Those who see the side of evolution would say that I'm winning. Those who see the side of creationism would say that you are winning. So, how do we decide who is actually winning?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I do not like the fact that they make their own laws and force their own interpretation of the Bible.

Erm....all christian denominations do this, not just Catholics.

For instance, for many centuries, Catholic priests were not allowed to marry. I also do not like the fact that they defend those priests who have molested young children!
Me either. It's disgusting.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I think I am done with you, my friend. I spoke the truth and my belief's and you spoke your opinions and belief's. I cannot prove what I saw and experienced. What I can prove is...I received a gift...the gift of life, to return to my family and was given another chance. You ask why weren't others allowed to come back. Well, multitudes of others all around the world were given that chance. It is likely, people like you, who are so adamant that there is not God. You believe with every cell of your body that He is not real and you force that belief down others throats, He probably sends them to judgement and then to Hell. We have gotten of subject, so I will refrain from commenting on this anymore and will post only about the subject at hand, unless it is closed.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join