It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by undo

So after evolving for hundreds of millions of years, does god hit the reset button if a species becomes too different? Seeing as you refuse any evidence that runs contrary to your beliefs, how about you explain the mechanism that alledgely stops a species from evolving too much? What is the scientific basis for it?
edit on 17-9-2011 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

good question. i have no idea.
if i did, i'd be sure to tell ya.

So your disbelief of macro evolution is purely faith? It's a scientific fact that macro evolution takes place so unless you can refute it with more compelling scientific facts, you do not have a leg to stand on.

So can anyone provide evidence for the magical mechanism that stops a species changing too much? Where are the scientific facts that show this mechanism in action and what is the scientific theory that explains said scientific facts?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

for example, i've taken so many antibiotics in my lifetime, they most of them no longer work for me. that's an example of genetic mutation but i'm still human and no part of that mutation has made me more fish like or whatever.

Why would the antibiotics mutate you?

Antibiotics stop working because the bacterial populations they target mutate.

Are you sure you're as old and wise as you claim to be?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Give up.

Religious loons gonna loon it up.

'Refudiating' obvious realities with disproven theories.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'm glad you mentioned the Duck Billed Platypus, yes it is a mammal that hunts for it's food in water so I guess it needs webbed feet, it has a mouth that looks like a bill but it is not, yes it lays eggs on land just like the other egg laying mammal which has claws and a long snout.....and the venomous spurs( as you call them) on the hind legs which are only on males are used on the female to subdue them before sex.....sounds like rape dosn't it ?

If it's evolution well thats ok.........but if it was created well...it's a bit evil isn't it ?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

I would imagine extinction stops any evolution in a species.

Like you I have never heard of a species evolviing too much. It either stays the same, evolves or dies out.

So perhaps your question should be what is too much evolution?
edit on 17-9-2011 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Why would a species become suddenly become extinct by evolving too much? That makes no sense. What is the specific mechanism that stops a species from evolving too much? FYI I do not doubt evolution, hence why I am asking for creationists to give a scientific explanation for what stops a species evolving into another.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I agree with you. It is more thinking around evolution = improvement instead of evolution = better able to survive in a given enviroment.

I wonder how much of this is refusal to understand such a natural process that we see every day in much more than just animals.

Language, business to name but 2

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes but there's no such thing as 'species' really. Every single being on this planet has been the same species as it's parents and it's children. You're showing a fundamental misunderstanding of evolution, you seem to be asking for a 'jump' from e. coli to plankton, or dogs to coyotes. There can be no such jump as I've said because even you can be linked by ancestor first back to lower primates, then lower mammals, etc until you reach bacteria. With each of your successive ancestors being the same species as they're children and they're parents. It's only possible to observe this change in species over many, many years after the fact - as humanity has now done. Read the greatest show on earth by Richard Dawkins, it will explain any questions you have, and if you're still not convinced after that then you are obviously suffering from the same self delusion necessary of any religious believer and wish you clarity at least at some point in your life. Life is beautiful when you stop lying to yourself.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
reply to post by malachi777

It's interesting that you dismiss the nde of the Hindus. How would you account for what they saw when they "thought" they died? Could this same thing not be applied to you? Did you read where I wrote about the dmt which is manufactured in your brain for sleeping? It's what gives us our visions in our dreams. At a near death, our brain struggles to survive, and pumps out much more of this dmt, giving us more realistic visions. It makes sense to me.

Yet, on the other hand, you may have witnessed some kind of afterlife, and that is cool if you did. In what form were you in? Did you have a body? If so, did you have the same body you have in the physical world, or was it some kind of intangible spirit? You said you spoke. How did you speak? Did you have a tongue and vocal cords? You said you saw, did you have eyeballs that were connected to some kind of brain, where the sight information is processed? Can you explain these things, as your physical body was laying unconscious?

If anyone knows about sleep, it would be me since I am a narcoleptic. There is not enough known about dmt to really say that is fact. Unfortunately, for narcoleptic's we are always stuck between sleep/wake state. I could be completely asleep and wake up and tell you what you were talking about. This is why we need complete silence while asleep. If a war movie is on, my dreams will take on the story and the dream becomes violent. Many times, we wake to see the person we were dreaming about, standing in our room. I could tell you so many strange things that happen and even explain sleep paralysis and the old hag stories to you. Let me answer your questions.

Rather than discounting the Hindu NDE's, I am only stating that they believed they were dead. I was without breath, heartbeat, consciousness and oxygen for 7 minutes. So yes, I was clinically dead. Did I have a body? I was not aware of a body, it felt as if I was only consciousness with no physical being. Tongue? I do not know, I do know I was able to speak and understand that I was speaking and knew what I was saying. I believe there is more to us than the physical. Our bodies are just a shell that protects us here while we are on earth. Our consciousness, spirit and souls cannot be seen but the energy they exude will continue on, while our body becomes part of earth. I hope I answered your questions.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by malachi777
reply to post by infinitecuriosity

Somewhere in the scripture, it states that God will help guide those who help themselves.

Sorry, you compassionate genius, Benjamin Franklin was the one who said "God helps those who help themselves."

He also said:

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

and

“Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.”

and,

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”

* Ok now, Ye who lacks compassion, read this...2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 You have to understand that the Bible was written in parables to help us gain understanding of His word. He is telling us to make an attempt and not sit idly by waiting for a hand out. When an attempt is made, you are telling God you have faith and you are willing to sacrifice yourself for His help. Not all prayers and needs are answered unless He believe's you are truly ready. Does God help those who do not help themselves? Yes, but we should all be making an attempt as well. Whether you believe in God or not, shouldn't we all WORK for our needs and the needs of our families?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Fossils, dog breeding, and fruit fly experiments to name a few.

That's nonsense though, the stories you read about in a two thousand year old religious text are much more credible than an unbiased scientific theory that is based on observations, experimentation, and some good old brain power.

You can believe whatever you want, but coming onto here and calling evolution a "psuedoscience" while simultaneously believing in a book which describes a virgin giving birth to a miracle-performing man god, some guy living in a big fish, and a big boat that fit two of every species is just hilarious.

Do you really oppose evolution because it's "psuedoscience", or do you oppose it because it contradicts those nice fairy-tales you read about growing up? If you had never heard of the Bible, I can guarantee that you sure as hell wouldn't be calling evolution a psuedoscience.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Wasn't it also Benjamin Franklin who said "Don't feed the trolls!"

I am guilty of having broken that Franklin law in this thread.
I really thought the OP wanted a discussion.

Sorry for this...
edit on 16-9-2011 by Siddharta because: Evolution from Benjamnin to Benjamin

*I am a troll because I offer my belief's to your lack of understanding? I am not a troll. I am a person who loves my fellow man and enjoys voicing my views with others and learning why their views are different from mine. You need a status check in your own life. It is obvious you lack the intelligence and patience to just read and try to understand the thoughts and views of others. I came on here to agree to disagree, not to be berated because my views come from the experiences I lived. Yours obviously come from a lack of experience because you call me a troll for not agreeing with your views.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

just be glad i admitted it instead of arguing about it for another 100 pages. don't look a gift horse in the mouth. most people around here won't admit when they don't know something.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

for example, i've taken so many antibiotics in my lifetime, they most of them no longer work for me. that's an example of genetic mutation but i'm still human and no part of that mutation has made me more fish like or whatever.

Why would the antibiotics mutate you?

Antibiotics stop working because the bacterial populations they target mutate.

Are you sure you're as old and wise as you claim to be?

then why does a child of mine, in my own home, still able to have bacterial infections treated with antibiotics my body no longer finds effective? same bacteria, same antibiotic, same environment, same diet, shared DNA, two different people, one who can't use most antibiotics effectively anymore, and the other, who can.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I can tell you right now that I do not know the truth as fact. My experiences have led me to believe what I say in some cases to be fact, while others are just opinions. We all have a right to express our opinions but I feel we should respect each others views even when we adamantly disagree. I think this has been a wonderful subject to discuss other than these fools who waste writing space by berating others. I have noticed throughout this forum that those who spend their time name calling are those who have extreme difficulty expressing their views. I think they are frustrated that they cannot get their thoughts put into words. Now saying this, I am not berating, I frequently do that myself. But...not during this discussion.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo, I completely disagree with you but credit where credit is due, I admire your humility.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo
[

I don't know. I can tell you that I suffered with MRSA for 17 months, it was cured with antibiotics but came back a total of 9 times in that time span. I finally visited an infectious disease doctor and he prescribed my three antibiotics, two to take by mouth and one, an ointment called bactricin I think, to put in my nose. He told me most people have MRSA, and other bacteria that colonizes in our nose and sinus cavity. When you are cured, it comes back because it again makes its way back into your blood stream. I don't know what you are dealing with, but request an ointment and rub it in your nose while taking the antibiotics and also give it to everyone in your household. My doctor gave me two ointments, one for my own treatment and one for my wife and kids to use. I have not had it again in five years.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If you are replying to my comment above, thank you and I appreciate you. I am humbled.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

I'm in no way trying to be argumentative, it was just a thought whilst reading your posts and this in particular:

Unfortunately, for narcoleptic's we are always stuck between sleep/wake state. I could be completely asleep and wake up and tell you what you were talking about. This is why we need complete silence while asleep.

I'm sure yourself/ doctors have discussed and thought about it far before myself, and regardless of whether you were having problems with narcolepsy at the time, is it not possible that this could in fact be related to your 'near death experience'?

It certainly seems in interesting comparison and could have various personal conclusions (medical or even supernatural).

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yes4141

I wasn't actually DIAGNOSED with narcolepsy until 2008. It was also completely different. I cannot explain it because I just know the difference between the two experiences. That is an awesome question, my friend! With narcolepsy, you still have a body. The dreams are exactly alike as far as sensations, emotions and how you observe things in your dreams. The NDE was one million percent different, more real, unforgettable etc. My doctor thought the narcolepsy may have been caused by brain death in the hypothalamus. I beg to differ because my nephew was just diagnosed with it in January of this year and he has not had any other medical issues.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join