It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
I think I am done with you, my friend. I spoke the truth and my belief's and you spoke your opinions and belief's. I cannot prove what I saw and experienced. What I can prove is...I received a gift...the gift of life, to return to my family and was given another chance. You ask why weren't others allowed to come back. Well, multitudes of others all around the world were given that chance. It is likely, people like you, who are so adamant that there is not God. You believe with every cell of your body that He is not real and you force that belief down others throats, He probably sends them to judgement and then to Hell. We have gotten of subject, so I will refrain from commenting on this anymore and will post only about the subject at hand, unless it is closed.

I haven't forced any belief down anyone's throat. My kids will be allowed to decide for themselves. I'm not going to make their choice of belief for them, which is the opposite experience I had with my parents.

We are simply discussing religious and scientific subjects. That's all. No forcing of anything. Why say that?

Multitudes of others were given that chance? Isn't it true that when Hindus have nde's they see their gods instead of the christian god? And muslims too? Why is that? Why don't they see your christian god? Maybe it's not a real experience, but a function of the brain trying to survive? You were taught to believe that there is a god, the christian god in this case, and voila, your brain conjures those images up when large amounts of dmt are naturally produced in your brain, giving you powerful hallucinations. This is what happens when we dream, except on NDE, dmt is produced in greater amounts, or so I've heard.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I would like to apologize to all creationists and evolutionists that we got off subject and for getting too personal. I should not have done that. Please accept my apologies.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

No problems here.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

My friend, come on. All religions see the same God, a being of light, love, joy, peace etc...The only difference is they each call Him by a different name. What is funny is, I never said I was a Christian, although I am. You only knew that because there is a part of him, in you. I need to nap, so take care. Have a great day ATSer's.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
No problem here either, thought is was brave though to write such personal information. I salute you for getting out of that difficult situation, no matter how you did that.
You seem to do okay now. Respect for that..!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

My friend, come on. All religions see the same God, a being of light, love, joy, peace etc...The only difference is they each call Him by a different name. What is funny is, I never said I was a Christian, although I am. You only knew that because there is a part of him, in you. I need to nap, so take care. Have a great day ATSer's.
No, I deduced it from the christian website you linked to me. Answersingenesis. Why would you link that to me if you were a muslim, hindu, etc. ?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

www.near-death.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

... the fossil record, which is heavily relied upon in the evolutionary theory ...

This is incorrect: the majority of the evidence for evolution is genetic evidence. The basic definition of evolution -- a change in allele frequency in a given population over time -- is a definition based in genetics and doesn't mention fossils.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Hi Hydroman. I read the excerpts but each of them stated that they either thought they had died, not that they did die. Let me tell you my first experience after my heartbeat ceased. Everything went black, suddenly I was standing below in what appeared to look like the grand Canyon cliffs. The cliffs were completely black but the sky above was red. When I looked up, I saw what appeared to be two native Americans sitting atop two horses, holding spears and looking down at me. I know that sounds strange but it is true. Suddenly, I saw flashes of the most important and happiest times of my life but ended abruptly. Then I felt an intense burning in my navel as if someone stuck a cigarette in my belly. The burning quickly spread throughout my body. That is when I began asking God for forgiveness over and over. I ever blurted out Jesus name a few times. Soon after, my navel felt as if an ice cube was placed in it. At the same time that cold, spread throughout my body, I felt as if I was flying through dark empty space a million miles per hour. Then I stopped. Out of the darkness, I saw a very, very beautiful bright speck of light at a distance. It got larger and larger as it approached me. It had a foggy aura about it as it got closer. As I became very close to me, it lit up beings, shaped like humans with long glowing robes. They were smiling at me and I felt I knew them but could not make out their faces. Suddenly, the light overcame me and I felt an indescribable serenity, love, joy, fearlessness, comfort and grace. I reached out and asked to go back home. I told the light that I have two children who need me. I said, it over and over again. This is when this being(God) with unspoken words, told me it was not my time and that I am to go back. The next thing I knew, I flew backward at the same speed and awoke to the nurse saying,"I still don't have a pulse, I think we lost him." Then, I heard the doctor say, " No, we got him, go tell the other surgeons to stop their surgeries and get down here to help me with this fellow!" Then the doctor told me to breath. He said, "Come on young man, your lips are still purple, you need to take in the oxygen if you want to get better. Not long after, I asked how long I was gone? I saw the light!" He replied," That isn't the first time I've heard that." He told me to hang on and he will have me in surgery to fix the problem soon.

Some say it was all an illusion or tricks of the mind, but I am here to tell you it was as real as life is before me. This whole situation was caused by an adult tonsillectomy that would not heal and five days later, I hemorrhaged in my sleep. My son woke me up in time for me to make it to the hospital but I lost so much blood that my blood pressure dropped to the point where my heart stopped. As they were rushing me into the Surgical area, I lifted my head and looked at my chest. My shirt was completely filled with blood. I asked why the blood was all over me and the nurse said I aspirated and all that came out of my stomach. I was so appreciative that she would answer my questions. It helped me get a grasp of what was going on. She told me I would be alright and I replied, "I know." She just smiled and rubbed the top of my head. I was then taken into surgery. That is the story.

One last thing, I suffered with severe depression for most of my life. I even od'd on prescription pills a few years before but was saved from that instance. After this meeting with God and the surgery was over, the depression was gone. Don't get me wrong, I have moments of circumstantial depression but it isn't going to kill me. We all deal with sorrow at different times of our lives. God not only gave me another chance, He cured me of my depression, He showed me how I would feel when life here on earth ends and He proved to me that He is a forgiving God.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

It's interesting that you dismiss the nde of the Hindus. How would you account for what they saw when they "thought" they died? Could this same thing not be applied to you? Did you read where I wrote about the dmt which is manufactured in your brain for sleeping? It's what gives us our visions in our dreams. At a near death, our brain struggles to survive, and pumps out much more of this dmt, giving us more realistic visions. It makes sense to me.

Yet, on the other hand, you may have witnessed some kind of afterlife, and that is cool if you did. In what form were you in? Did you have a body? If so, did you have the same body you have in the physical world, or was it some kind of intangible spirit? You said you spoke. How did you speak? Did you have a tongue and vocal cords? You said you saw, did you have eyeballs that were connected to some kind of brain, where the sight information is processed? Can you explain these things, as your physical body was laying unconscious?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

what are you doing here?
you're supposed to be watching that video

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

what are you doing here?

Regardless of the subject, supposed 'sides' we're on, atmosphere or tone of everything and how it was meant- I found that hilarious.

Truly told off.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by infinitecuriosity

Somewhere in the scripture, it states that God will help guide those who help themselves.

Sorry, you compassionate genius, Benjamin Franklin was the one who said "God helps those who help themselves."

He also said:

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

and

“Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.”

and,

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wasn't it also Benjamin Franklin who said "Don't feed the trolls!"

I am guilty of having broken that Franklin law in this thread.
I really thought the OP wanted a discussion.

Sorry for this...
edit on 16-9-2011 by Siddharta because: Evolution from Benjamnin to Benjamin

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I read the NDE posted in the Link... hehe I guess even in the after life people make mistakes.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by john_bmth

So i ask a simple question, which should be easy for you to answer as many of you claim creation is just a myth and evolution is a fact, yet you cannot even provide one piece of proof that any genus has become a new kind of animal, then you expect me to believe we can from a fish, then an ape like ancestor etc...?

Incredible.

edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

You really are clueless you do realize science doesn't deal in proof there's no such thing. Science deals with evidence. And so far there's lots of evidence that evolution is correct its been observed in labs. Its explains the fossil records simple life forms being older and get more complex as they get closer to our time. It explains dogs we know where they came from but they don't look like wolves do they? There surroundings were changed when they were domesticated and look at them today. You can ignore all the evidence that's fine Im open minded show me some evidence of creationism is there anything??? Can you show us where humans were made maybe or how or for that matter ill even settle for fossil records supporting it. Just because you believe something doesn't mean you cant be subjective and look at evidence does it?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

what are you doing here?

What video are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

what are you doing here?

What video are you talking about?

okay you asked for evidence about genesis 1:1 thing? i said i'd u2u you the evidence?
doncha remember? video in the u2u. you no watch it? cause i know you received the u2u. says so at my end, and that you opened it. shows you've received and opened it when it's no longer highlighted in the outbox.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

cmon guys this thread is about as stupid as searching for noah arc
lets just leave it and know we are superior to these ignorant theists

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by undo

cmon guys this thread is about as stupid as searching for noah arc
lets just leave it and know we are superior to these ignorant theists

what ignorant theists?