It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I teach at a Catholic school and cannot see why evolution defies your idea of God. Could you please explain what real science is and what you are basing your definition on? Maybe then we can clear the waters a little bit.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Use some common sense. I used classification.

The one's that had no God, i dismissed. The one's that are pagan i dismissed. And so on...

The only one's i really considered were the one's apart of the abrahamic faith.

Islam, Judaism, and Christianity.

Christ prevailed.

Ignorance know no bounds.

Classification? What? Flying creatures, a classifacation? Crawling creatures, classification, creatures of the sea, a classifacation? Unclean animals are a classicifation, REALLY?

Sounds kinda paegan to me..........

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Rev are you a Theologian?

My father (God rest his soul) was and he was also an ordained minister for the Episcopal Church.

My Mother has worked for the Arch Diocese of the Episcopal Church in California and also gone on trips to help people in poor countries with a Catholic group called "The Sisters of Mercy"

Have you ever taken any comparative religion courses in your studies?

I have a good understanding of many faiths and religions, do you?

Have you ever read "The Book of J" ?

Book of J

Book of J review

Give me a better idea of your religious background and upbringing.

Did you always believe in God? If not when did you become religious?

link   
God uses a spacecraft to transport himself and angels

Im assuming the OP will ignore this.

link   
RevelationGeneration, if evolution were true, what would you expect to see in the dna of all animals? Would you expect to see similarities? Yes or no? If some animals shared much of the same dna strands, would you say that those animals are more closely related than others, and possibly had a common ancestor at some point, if evolution were true? Yes or no?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Constantine converted Rome to Christianity and did so with the Council of Nicaea.

en.wikipedia.org...

after which a merger of christian and pagan beliefs happened.

such as Christmas. en.wikipedia.org...-Christian_background

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Chrysalis

They are still plants. Not ever do you see a plant growing legs and becoming an animal, so how can evilution be true?

Holy smokes. Your understanding of how evolution works is embarrassingly mistaken. You need to talk to a biologist, stat. Just go to your nearest college or university, find the biology department and ask the first person you see to give you the Complete Idiot's Two-Minute Thumbnail Sketch Explanation of Random Mutation and Natural Selection. Have him or her go over it two or three times if you have to. It's not rocket science. Once you have even a rudimentary grasp of the basic idea of the theory, then you can come back here and try to ask an intelligible question.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Why do you keep saying "your god" like this is some sort of exclusive book club?

He is your Creator as much as he is Mine. You simply choose to deny him kinda like when a child says they want to disown their parents.

As for asking him questions, i did not mean it like that. What i meant was it is not my place to start questioning God's sovereignty and attacking His character. Its ok to have doubts but im not going to play devil's advocate for your sake. If you want the answer to the question, you will ask yourself, since i am content, i don't need to be asking for God's wisdom on that matter.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Can't tell if troll thread or...
Also, your image always reminds me of "The Lion King" and makes me lol.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Why do you keep saying "your god" like this is some sort of exclusive book club?
Because people have different gods. Hindus gods aren't your god. The ancient greek gods are not your god. Maybe even the muslim god isn't your god, could be though.

As for asking him questions, i did not mean it like that. What i meant was it is not my place to start questioning God's sovereignty and attacking His character. Its ok to have doubts but im not going to play devil's advocate for your sake. If you want the answer to the question, you will ask yourself, since i am content, i don't need to be asking for God's wisdom on that matter.
Lmao. If you ask a question, such as "Why do animals have similar dna strands?" would be an attack on his sovereignty? Are you serious? What a big baby of a god if that's the case. You know the real reason don't you? You won't ask because you know you won't get an answer. Why can't you admit that?

You attack evolution, but you won't find out why animals have similar dna? Wouldn't you want to know why? If evolution were true, wouldn't you expect all animals to share similar dna? Yes or no? Why can't you answer that question?

Yes, I choose to deny your god, just like I choose to deny ALL gods. The simple reason is, there's no evidence they exist.

Also, I clicked on the link in your sig and wanted to read the comments to those videos. Too bad comments are blocked.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheChemist1

Evolution defy's what the bible says in Genesis 1.
edit on 15-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bennygrass

Constantine and his experts created Christianity at the Council of Nicea (325 BCE). It was here it was decided that
-Christ died for Man's sins (not women's...it was not until the Council of Hippo that it was decided that women have souls)
-that God is 3,3,3gods-in-one
-that Christ was born to a virgin
-that christians should eat Christ's flesh and drink his blood (the unholy sacrament)
-there is much more.
Note: the so called Scientific Method is not flawless either.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

What would you call Catholicism then?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Pseudo-science is a claim, belief, or practice which is presented as scientific, but which does not adhere to a valid scientific method, lacks supporting evidence or plausibility, and cannot be reliably tested,

All of which evolution adhere's to.

Really? There's is plenty of supporting evidence for evolution. Remember the similarities in dna thing I have been going on about? There are also the fossils which support it, but you don't accept them as evidence. Do you accept the similarities of dna as evidence?

Now, let's say that evolution is proven tomorrow, beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is FALSE. This still doesn't prove your god to be real.

Because you can't explain how something happened, you can't automatically assert that a god did it. That's an argument from ignorance. This happened many times in the past, until science showed them they were wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I don't have all the answers and im happy to admit when i don't know about something, but what i do know is Human chromosomes are significantly different to chimpanzees.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
EPIC troll is epic.

You just stepped it up a notch, "Catholicism isn't Christianity, have you ever considered becoming Protestant?"
Not a Catholic, Protestant, or Christian here...but damn if anyone had been on the fence about this thread before, after reading that they will know you are full of BS and trying too hard to make people mad.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bennygrass

What would you call Catholicism then?

The largest cult in the world.
edit on 15-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I don't have all the answers and im happy to admit when i don't know about something, but what i do know is Human chromosomes are significantly different to chimpanzees.
Yes, by about 6 percent. The other 94 are the same.

Besides, you should be able to get any answer you want. You have a loving, personal relationship with the creator of everything. He has all the answers. All you have to do is ask. But wait, you might make him mad for asking.

You know the real problem though don't you? You won't admit it. You are too scared to admit it. You know you won't receive an answer. You know it. Instead, you have to put the ball in the court of the unbeliever and tell him to ask instead. You also have the cop-out that god doesn't like to be asked questions. It hurts his feelings. Makes him feel less sovereign. Give me a break.

All I ask is for you to be honest and admit that you know what I said is true. You know you won't receive an answer.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You realize that If just 5% of the DNA is different, this amounts to 150,000,000 DNA base pairs that are different between them!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

reply to post by UniverSoul

Apart from fossils, which is purely speculative at best. Is there actually any evidence of a mutation in an animal to cause it to become another genus of animal? Say a mouse for some reason has 3 legs, its still a mouse is it not? that would be considered a mutation according to you?

There is lots of evidence in nature just look around! There is birds that cant fly but have wings. Leg and pelvic bones in whales from when they were land animals now quite useless. and in Humans wisdom teeth a tail bone for a non existent tail and the plantaris muscle in the calf of humans (useless in humans, used for grasping with the feet in primates).

There is also homology between species for example a giraffe has the same number of bones in its neck as a horse this is not by coincidence.Also the same bones in the same relative positions in our hand as well as apes hands,bird wings,whales flippers,and even reptiles legs. And finally genetic evidence humans are 96 % genetically the same as a other great apes however how would this be possible without a link?? Then theres whats called the molecular clock ill let you look that up.

Evolution isnt just a theory its been proven over and over in nature it occurs. Now did god play a hand in evolution who knows but to deny it occurs is just naive.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join