It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm going to suggest everyone in this thread that supports evolution to just stop posting in it. It's clear that whenever a good point is made RevelationGeneration just ignores it and when asked a question he does not answer. It's clear that all he is looking for is a group of "heathens" to preach to, so I say that we don't give him his audience. If he's not going to listen to what we say, why should we listen to what he says?
edit on 15-9-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777 We would not change into a pig or horse.

Do you understand evolution? No, they would not evolve into a horse or pig. They would evolve into something we haven't seen yet, maybe into something like what the greys appear to be. Who knows?
edit on 15-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

You evolutionists have not proven one thing as fact neither. This is where faith and belief come into this conversation. We do not need to prove anything. We are discussing this with you to help you, not harm you. If you believe, great! If not, we feel for you. We will not hate you for your ignorance. We will love you because we come from the same place and time.....God!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

If that's your reply to me providing you with an example of why "half a wing is useless" is a ridiculous statement, then you missed the point. Maybe what I provided wasn't clear enough. Try this.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Greys? Ok, now I get your point. But can you prove to me that there are truly grey's among us. You can believe in aliens but not God? I feel sorry for you, I really, really do. I mean that.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have said this before, but I'll say it again.

A person can believe and trust in science and evolution and

also believe in God at the same time...... I do

Maybe I just don't believe in your dogma

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
Greys? Ok, now I get your point. But can you prove to me that there are truly grey's among us. You can believe in aliens but not God? I feel sorry for you, I really, really do. I mean that.

No sir, I have not made a judgment on whether or not aliens exist. I feel the same way about them as I do gods. Though, I don't have a problem believing that extra-terrestials exist. Why? Because we do.

I used greys as an example because of how people described them. That was the first thing that came into my mind, lol.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

We follow the same script because our script does not change (The Bible). Unlike secular science which changes every other month to try and fill the gaps for your theory that's never been accurately proven with a real scientific method. I asked for simple proof of one animal or kind becoming another animal or kind yet i got stuff ranging everything from fossils to supposed "vestigial organs", and a whole bunch of other pseudoscience.

This is the thing, you can not prove origin of species with a real scientific method, this is not science at all. You try to make it seem like science, and that's how you have everyone duped.

You attempt to put Christianity in the same ball park as myths, folklore, urban legends etc... But the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so strong that not even the skeptics have any ground to stand on.

The reason we try to get you to see that Christianity is the light, is for one simple reason.

If the Bible is true and Jesus came to earth to pay for your sins, knowingly denying him as the Christ is only going to lead you to one path, the path of Judgement. Look at it this way, their is a 50/50 chance that the bible is right, if you are wrong you will be judged, if you die in your sin you will be punished. If we are wrong, which we absolutely know for a fact we're not, then nothing happens? Which would be the more smart and logical thing to do?

Sorry, but we cannot simply sit here and let others be duped by the fairy tell of Evil-lution and then watch as they die in there sin's because they were deceived by people who's only goals in life is to have as much sex and drink as much alcohol as possible.. Evo-heads have no morals. If i did that i wouldn't be a very caring or loving person at all.

The fool has said in his heart that "There is no God". There is a secret agenda in western civilisation to make a secular state. Are you going to be fooled by the elites into worshipping the religion of materialism and by doing so your actually helping to build the beast system, there is black magic going on all around you and your falling for it. This is why they hate Christians so much, because LOVE is there biggest threat and that's primarily what Jesus taught.
edit on 15-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Did you read the whole article the first member posted? I don't think you did.

NOTE: Some critics have said that the kinds of rapid evolutionary changes in insects and bacteria referred to above are not good evidence of the process of natural evolution because they occur as a result of human interference. However, there is abundant evidence of rapid evolution occurring today independent of people. An example was described by Cristina Sandoval in the May 23, 2002 issue of Nature. A species of insect called the "walking stick" (Timena cristinae) found in the Santa Ynez Mountains of California now exists in two distinct varieties or forms that are in the process of evolving into two separate species by adapting to different environments. The insect forms differ in terms of genetically determined color patterns--one is striped and the other is not. The striped ones hide from predators on the striped chamise plant, while the unstriped ones hide on the unstriped blue lilac plant. Those that have inherited the appropriate camouflaging color pattern for their chosen environment survive the onslaught of lizards and birds. In this case, the natural predators, rather than humans, are the driving forces of natural selection. Mating experiments show that each variety of "walking stick" prefers to mate only with others having the same color pattern. This breeding isolation is leading to the evolution of two distinct species.

It clearly states modern evolution without human interference. Case Closed. Next time read the whole article, you would be mad if someone read half of your post and posted a comment, wouldn't you?
Source

Edit: Does it say anywhere in the bible that evolution can't happen? If so could you state where?
edit on 15-9-2011 by AudioGhost because: the edit

edit on 15-9-2011 by AudioGhost because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

But the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so strong that not even the skeptics have any ground to stand on.

Evidence?

please provide said evidence?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

RevelationGeneration:
If we are wrong, which we absolutely know for a fact we're not, then nothing happens? Which would be the more smart thing to do?

Sorry, but we cannot simply sit here and let others be duped by the fairy tell of Evil-lution and then they die in there sin's because they were deceived. If i did that i wouldn't be a very good person at all.

The fool has said in his heart that "There is no God".

Then why did you start this thread.....to preach perhaps or just troll?
edit on 15-9-2011 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

any proof the bible is not just a book written by man?

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money. -George Carlin

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This video ought to rattle the feathers of all the bible thumpers

If you want to speed up the evolutionary process skip to minute 9:00

edit on 15-9-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Its sad that the Evo-Heads have reverted to childish name calling because they can not give a straight answer as there is no evidence of one animal becoming another animal fish do not become birds and birds do not become rats that become people. There seem's to be alot of people duped into the pseudoscience of evil-lution.

Fantastic, hypocrite in one easy paragraph.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

It is a book written by man, we're not denying that. What you fail to understand is that it was inspired by God.

Some of the books in the new testament were written just 30 years after the events took place.

As for the "invisible man" stuff, anyone who talks like that is obviously not mature enough to even be discussing such things and is clearly not worth his salt.
edit on 15-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
If the Bible is true and Jesus came to earth to pay for your sins, knowingly denying him as the Christ is only going to lead you to one path, the path of Judgement. Look at it this way, their is a 50/50 chance that the bible is right, if you are wrong you will be judged, if you die in your sin you will be punished. If we are wrong, which we absolutely know for a fact we're not, then nothing happens? Which would be the more smart and logical thing to do?

Wrong. You left out Allah, Vishnu, and a myriad of other gods. What if Allah is the true god? Then you are in trouble, infidel. Why should I believe in your god and not Allah, or the others? Are you worried about Allah punishing you forever? Nope? I'm not worried about your god punishing me either.

I will ask you again. If evolution did indeed happen, what would you expect to see in dna amongst all animals? Similarities in dna? That's what we see. Why is that?
edit on 15-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Here is my thought provoking contribution:

Why is the bible considered the way things truly happened, yet other religions of the past, such as the Greek 'myths', are considered just that - a myth or story? While not athiest, I also am not seriously religious. I say believe whatever helps you sleep at night. I simply live my life, bringing no harm to others of any species, no matter where they originated.

I do, however, place more 'faith' in the science side of our creation, than the creationists beliefs. It is unconceiveable to me that we came to be on this earth through the whim of a supreme being. It is also hard for me, being female, to wrap my brain around coming from the rib of a man. How truly archaic and chauvenistic.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

This is why they hate Christians so much, because LOVE is there biggest threat and that's primarily what Jesus taught.

I haven't found many christians that preach love... and even fewer understand it according to Jesus...

So i would conclude that christianity is not the "light" as you stated...

Love is the light, and few christians understand that

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Wrong. You left out Allah, Vishnu, and a myriad of other gods. What if Allah is the true god? Then you are in trouble, infidel. Why should I believe in your god and not Allah, or the others? Are you worried about Allah punishing you forever? Nope? I'm not worried about your god punishing me either.

Do you even have any grasp on religion as a whole? None of those supposed God's offer salvation by grace. This is what separates Christianity from almost every other religion.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

whats in the new testament was picked by man. A lot of gospels were left out. Your basing your views on a book that hasn't even got all the information in it. This has been written inspired by my "god".
And christianity is classed as a cult.
edit on 15-9-2011 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join