It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa States They Have no idea what these Orbs Of Light UFO's Are!!!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

this looks and feels like spin control. Really, it smells like damage control.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

My mum says rack off with that signature noddy!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CelestialSon

it happens; sometimes it just happens too fast

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

referring to your post on the first page of this thread:

I understand that small objects floating around a space shuttle would definitely cause interest for NASA, but why would they bother chasing junk? I am sure it would be important for them to identify the objects, in case it is a critical part of the shuttle. Still makes me wonder why they would continue to chase this junk if they rarely ever find their origin or identify them.

Another thing I find very very very hard to believe is that they rarely identify things that 'fall off' the shuttle. The machines are meticulously put together, with great emphasis and scrutiny over every nut and bolt. So how could they rarely identify parts that have fallen off the shuttle? Wouldn't it indeed be critical to identify the origin of these unidentified objects that have 'fallen off' the shuttle - to ensure the safety of the astronauts, as well as the mission itself?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Read the rest of my posts on this topic... that will answer your questions.

reply to post by reject

...and what you say sounds like the words from a conspiracy lunatic that doesn't do any research.

What you say is so highly illogical that you literally leave me dumbfounded how you can come to such a conclusion.

So let me get this straight... NASA (a government entity often accused of covering up info about UFOs) releases this video. Then, disinfo agents come along and try to cover it up and spin the story to something mundane and common. Oh yeah that makes a lot of sense!!!

Why would they release the video just to cover it up? Wow, that is so dumb.

How about this... THE OBJECTS ARE JUST DEBRIS, AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN DEBRIS SINCE 2006 WHEN IT HAPPENED, AND SOME RANDOM IDIOT CUTS UP A VIDEO AND REMOVES CONTEXT JUST TO MAKE GULLIBLE FOOLS THINK THEY ARE ORBS OF LIGHT UFO'S IN 2011? Now that makes total sense.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I've seen plenty of talk the talk, but (dont hold me on this) I dont believe that they would walk the walk.
I know they know things....rather than walk the walk....I've only see them been teasing "deep believers" for years.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The video is a direct match for exactly similar triangles of lights in terrestrial versions. Who can't see that?

I personally, are well beyond the questions of "Do they exist." and are deeply into an attempt at understanding "what they are doing". But what "I" think from one deep subjective research on this specific subject, is that there are a few main groups of very different species here, from beyond Earth and those here for thousands and maybe millions of years that in many cases don't get along. Then, many, many sporadic and lower number of species and entities that interact with us from everywhere else in this universe and from maybe other parallel strata in time and space and other dimensions. Some of them being compassionate for the poor idiot children we are, and others that exploit our dysfunctional direction for their own agendized gains.

Then there are the true "visitors", with "alien" ways, just experiencing us and our unique condition. Maybe watching us, with the disgusting fascination of watching meat decay in a time laps video.

I've read many different plausible scenarios from smart and believable people who claim direct communications with the "others". I've had a couple myself. So I know how their stories can be truer than most want to believe.

I think the big picture is like this; We are an ant colony on a vacant lot on any street in a very big city, and all kinds of people pass you and interact with you there, going to the office, shopping, visiting or making a delivery. Including tourists and even explorers and scientists doing biological and social research. Sometimes we accidentally get stepped on, or a kid with a magnifying glass gets curious how you react to being solar heated. Or a little girl finds us and protects us from the boy. It runs the gamut.

How can an organization like NASA which exists due to the means and missions of the department of defense, account for all the realities they now know about. Not to mention how much they know they don't know.
And "they" are likely several different small groups of power that don't even know about the other one because of rampant compartmentalization for high security.

If they gave us their whole truth...

We would think they would be crazy.

ZG

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I seen this thread as it came up yesturday, it was debunked in the first page of comments.

Then wake up this morning to find its got 70 flags and is on the front page, wtf is wrong with people sort yourselfs out and stop talking BS.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What ever the Government and Public fronts like NASA kept secret in the passed, has blown out of proportion and you would be right in saying the Public would think they are crazy, but things have been discovered that would boggle any top scientists mind. Knowledge now for the most highly secretive of people, is beyond belief...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

thats not what I meant

did you look at the William Cooper vids or not?
big deception going down
and it was all prophesied in the bible centuries ago

just to give you an idea - tonight I saw a ufo streaking west to east across the sky at like 5 times the speed of an airliner at least - the planes have flashing lights this thing had a bright light that wasnt flashing prob travelling at mach 6 - I videoed it but you cant see it on the video due to the dark sky

no way its from outer space
the deception is real, time is short, and if you foolow their deception you will become slave o fthe nwo
your choice - I have made mine

peace

edit on 15-9-2011 by Highlander64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Let's start agreeing on some points here. First of I think we can all agree that the camera is pointing towards the Earth. I think we can also agree that the shuttle is moving at a fair speed, say 17,000 miles an hour. We can also all agree that the orbs/debris/whatever is moving pretty slowly relative to the shuttle's forward direction.

Therefore the orbs/debris/whatever have to be moving at a very similar speed and in the same direction as the shuttle for them to stay in frame for so long.

The orbs/debris/whatever are also moving slowly away from the shuttle, therefore and this is where we all disagree, my interpretation of this would be that they came from the shuttle and are moving slowly away from the shuttle and are in fact debris.

To those who can't seem to understand why pieces would "fall off" a big machine, imagine taking a grain silo, covering it in foam, painting it, setting fire to its innards, shaking it violently whilst dipping it in ice and throwing it in a blast furnance repeatedly. Then you'll get some idea why bits "fall off" the shuttle.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
So what do you think these orbs/debris are?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Thanks mate.

So why would someone go about producing a video like that, purposefully missleading? It seems self defeating. If you are doing it to prove UFO's do exist and get debunked you have made things worse for your cause, surely?

Dumb.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
This topic and the video is highly misleading...

The objects in the video were spotted just below the shuttle, meaning, they were very small. They were NOT large alien space crafts or "UFOs". They were just fragments of something floating around below them. Also, they were not "orbs of light", they were objects that were reflecting sunlight.

UFO means "unidentified flying object", not "unidentified floating objects". These objects were not controlled, they were just floating below the shuttle like they just fell off.

The OPs video was taken out of context so gullible UFO "researchers" glued to YouTube would freak out.

The man at the end of the video was talking about space junk. They spot space junk all the time, and some of it is so small they never really figure out what it is, or exactly where it came from. Stuff falls off the shuttle all the time... and they never really know exactly where it comes from, or what it is, because it is usually too small to identify. Most of the time it is small pieces of the protective foam that lines the shuttle, and they have to examine the shuttle to find out where it came form and if it threatens their return to Earth.

Basically, this video is taken out of context, and when someone implants the idea that they are talking about "UFOs" you can actually see the video in an entirely different light. However, they are really talking about space junk.....

It amazes me at what lengths some UFO enthusiasts go to just to make a video that makes people go nuts.

Interesting opinion, but this triangular orb UFO has been seen "observing" us in the past.

I have witnessed it my self. Not space junk

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

sorry fail post
edit on 15-9-2011 by ototheb85 because: sorry

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Thanks mate.

So why would someone go about producing a video like that, purposefully missleading? It seems self defeating. If you are doing it to prove UFO's do exist and get debunked you have made things worse for your cause, surely?

Dumb.

As a long term UFOlogist that has been studying the actions of hoaxers and charlatans and the psychology of the matter for many years, I have concluded several reasons why people do this. But, the most common thing these days is viral videos and view counts.

There is a new breed of people on the internet that are only looking for website traffic, advertisement revenue, viral videos that obtain many views, and subscribers to their channels. Their only intentions are to get as much recognition as possible no matter what fraudulent things they have to do to accomplish that task (they don't care about the study of UFOs and paranormal). UFO and paranormal enthusiast are the largest most persistent group on the internet and the world, and sadly the most easily mislead, so they are usually a good target.

All these fraudulent people have to do is have the right video title, a mysterious or not easily describable video or a misleading video, and then place links to the video in the right locations on the internet, and they obtain thousands of views and subscribers to their channel. Services like YouTube allow you to collect revenue, and multiple views and subscribers translates to potential income. As long as it attracts people to their other videos on their channel. Most people even link to their personal websites and blogs, and obtain even more revenue from other advertisement revenue services, and even sell books and other merchandise. Sometimes they just want to start a community and get people to join.

That is why you will always see multiple copies of the same video on YouTube. People will copy the videos from other channels and place them on their own just to get more views. They will even copy old outdated videos, and put a new date on it like it happened again, and recirculate the save videos constantly to get more hits. It's a dirty trick and it's being abused.

Sadly even when UFO and paranormal enthusiast find out they have been conned into watching and discussing a fake or misleading video, some seem to not care, and continue to support said fraudulent group willingly.

It destroys UFOlogy, and some just don't care.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotrice

Well this sighting coincides with all of the other triangular orb sightings, including mine. My guess: cloaked UFO?

My sighting: www....(nolink)/?sny2yam8vftrm6y

PS - if I upload the video to YouTube, the YouTube compression erases the "UFO"
edit on 14-9-2011 by hotrice because: (no reason given)

It may be a cloaked UFO but I am willing to bet a years pay that it is not Extra-Terrestrial.....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

That's great, and totally irrelevant to this topic.

The objects in the OP's video was not a "triangular craft". It was 3 or 4 separate pieces of debris 100 feet away from the shuttle which happened to form a triangle. Of course, any 3 objects that are not in a straight line form a triangle.

As for your videos, none of those look even remotely like a "triangular craft". They all look like independent objects. The objects in those videos do absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, and look much like Chinese lanterns. They seem to float, and do nothing... It is not very good evidence for anything. They are just lights in the sky.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought that they are not triangular UFO's, but just 3 separate UFO's... If they are controlled crafts maybe they just fly in 3's. Try not to make a triangle with 3 objects... It's impossible...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
Interesting...."over the years we have chased many many many of these things" , not been able to pin point where they come from....

Makes me wonder if NASA is actually in the dark about more than we think or did this guy just slip up on TV?

I would bet we have no idea what they are.

We have been chasing them, the orbs, and them chasing us at least since World War II, when we called them Foo Fighters.

People on the other hand all around the world have seen them for millenia, calling them ghost lights, jack o lanterns, faerie lights, etc.

No one seems to know what they are. They seem intelligent, almost playful at times, including playfully fatal. They merge into larger objects, break down into smaller ones. Fly in patterns, chase aircraft, get us to chase them like a game of tag, etc.

Whatever they are, they arn't aliens who flew from across the galaxy to experiment on and study us. They seem more intent on playing with us like toys and occaisionally breaking those toys.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join