It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 14-year-old boy got into a fight at a school bus stop and the police officer responded by shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm sort of a police cheerleader most of the time but this story has me fuming. He endangered countless people's lives, and one young man ended up dying. Truly disturbing.

You don't put a witness in the back of the squad car when you're pursuing someone.

You don't fire a gun in a neighborhood for no reason.

If you're scared, wait for backup.

Don't be such a trigger happy candyass.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I hope this cop goes to prison and gets put in general population. His superiors should lose their jobs and have to pay this family till the day they die, on top of whatever settlement she may get. It is time for cops to learn we are not punching bags for them to vent on. Way,way,way too many stories of this kind are happening lately. Some may stand up and say most cops are not like this, but the evidence to the contrary is piling up. If you would have asked me 5 years ago about cops, I would have had a different attitude. I use to think there were a few bad apples, but on the whole most were ok. Not anymore.
edit on 13-9-2011 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A true waste of space and air.
And now for the bonus round.

Individuals like this deserve;
A:- pray for his soul and forgive and turn the other cheek?
B:- take him out like a rabid animal?

Survey says....... B

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
A true waste of space and air.
And now for the bonus round.

Individuals like this deserve;
A:- pray for his soul and forgive and turn the other cheek?
B:- take him out like a rabid animal?

Survey says....... B

Why not both.

C: Both A and B: Pray for his soul, while you take him out like a rabid animal.

God may forgive, but Daddy's are only men. It isn't so easy for us.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

To be honest he sounds to freakin stupid and hollow for me to believe there is a caring soul inside,
and I'm not a hater.
Visualizing this fiasco using the report as a script is just amazingly retarded to try to understand.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Go back 50 or 60 years, picture yourself in the land of Mayberry, could you possible imagine Sherriff Andy or Barney Fife pullin a gun and shooting a kid for for gettin into a scrap, maybe some cops should only be allowed to carry whistles.

Unbelieveably sad sad story.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by LadySkadi

The San Antonio Police Department has ruled the case a justified shooting. The Bexar County district attorney's office still is investigating.

The question of whether the shooting was justified is unrelated to the officer's history of disobeying orders, Assistant District Attorney Cliff Herberg said. The former is a legal matter; the latter, administrative.

According to this article the PD ruled the case a justified shooting... Alvarado claimed the boy rushed him and he had no choice, he was "in fear of his safety" though tests showed there was no gunpowder on his uniform and therefore, no indication of close quarter fire...

"The suspect bull rushed his way out of the shed and lunged right at me," Alvarado wrote. "The suspect was literally inches away from me, and I feared for my safety."

Tracing the bullet's path into the boy's chest as it ricocheted off the pancreas, colon, right liver and left kidney and exited the stomach, an autopsy report notes a lack of gunpowder on Lopez's bloodstained T-shirt.

"There is no evidence of close range firing of the wound," the report concludes.

Read more: www.mysanantonio.com...

Truly disturbing situation.

If the cop is such a coward that he was in fear of his life by a 14yo kid then he should go into a job more along the lines of his bravery such as telemarketing or IT tech.

Thanks, that answered any questions I think. He lied. They will settle but will deny until they do.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Arm the insane.

Go America!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Why does someone working for a school and dealing with children for the majority of his job, carry a gun?

Perhaps those, who authorize equipment; whose only function is to take life or maim, are culpable in this too?

Appropriate tools for the job... Not.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

To protect the children?

I think the teachers should be carrying guns as well. I think stuff like Columbine and Virginia Tech are completely preventable if we arm MORE people.

There is nothing wrong with owning or carrying a gun. I have my gun on me at all times. I have gotten into fistfights with my gun on my person, and never even considered drawing it, or even mentioning it. The problem wasn't that he carried a gun, he could just as easily hit the kid with a brick, or his car, or a garden shovel. The problem is that a grown man with multiple complaints, ignored orders, took matters into his own hands to escalate a situation, and then cowardly feared a kid and struck out in emotion rather than logic and training.

Why do some people always blame the implements? I suppose farmers in Oklahoma are pissed off at their plows over this drought? Or Olympic racers should blame their shoes?

The guy was dangerous with or without the gun.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
wow and just wow ... cowboy cops with guns ... sad to say but, they, are the ones placing themselves in line as the next target of opportunity.
union thugs with guns ... when will it end ppl ???

edit to add: "bull rushed" ??? that's his excuse ?? dude, even Matadors don't carry guns !!!!
what a LAMO LEO

speaking of LEO / law enforcement officer ... after being ordered to Not pursue, just which law was he enforcing when he fired ???
edit on 13-9-2011 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
People say there is a constitution I say it is just a peace of paper that everyone had a go at whipping their feet with.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As horrible as this story is I'm not supried in the very least. Cops do what they want when they want, and no matter what they get away with it. The only way to deal with this have a throw back to the early 90's and blow some guts out of some uniforms....body count style

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Our society is becoming paranoid in so many different ways.

We blame the officer, but we should be blaming ourselves.

This problem is not going to go away by putting the officer in jail.

This reminds me of a dream I had about school. (and a couple others) The aides, the teachers, most of the staff, they were robots. They were duty bound. There were nothing more than employees. The students were products. That's how it all felt. I had a problem, and instead of acting like a human, the aide acted like a robot. The dream feels like real life more and more.

The school I grew up attending was relatively friendly. Those days are coming to an end. Our society is becoming more and more regimented. More and more orderly. And more afraid.

Laws, guns, officers, education, money, other such things, won't fix this.
edit on 13-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Your right the officer shouldnt go to jail,he should have his facial features removed with a hot frying pan. Infact all murderous, raping cops and the judges/jurys who protect them should be killed as slowly as possible. Well once in awhile throw a gas soaked tire around one of their necks have ourselves a pig roast.

Additonally, orderly is not the word for it...Hitler youth camps were orderly but kids didnt get shot for insubordination.
edit on 13-9-2011 by PapaEmeritus because: edit

edit on 13-9-2011 by PapaEmeritus because: man i make aloooooot of typos

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

Orderly is the word for it. You don't understand where I'm coming from with this.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I dont beleive much in the NWO atleast not in the way most people here do.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Police brutality at its finest. Don't you love how the guy doesnt even go to prison for shooting an unarmed 14 year old boy who was scared to death?

Cops can commit crimes and hide behind a badge and get away with it scot-free. This police brutality episode has been brought to you by the corrupt government of the United States of America. Who will be the next unarmed little boy to be shot to death by the police? Could be your child. Police brutality, coming to a neighboorhood near you. The american people love it though, otherwise they would have revolted by now. Cops can commit a crime that would see you and me in prison for 7-15 years, and this asshole will probably get a medal and a promotion and a 2 week paid vacation.

I think i'm in the wrong line of work! Where else can you murder an unarmed child and get a paid vacation and a promotion when you should be seeing the inside of a prison cell for a long time. I wonder if the woman who called the police regrets making that call now?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Anytime a cop walks by you, sniff the air real loud, and make sure he can hear you as you say "i smell bacon!".

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Wow dude, that first sentence was a doozy....
He just straight up shot the kid? wow....I don't even know how to feel about that...
What the hell is going on? Why are cops seeming to be going ape sh*t all of a sudden?
I mean, some cops go through a lot, and get paid very little really...for what they do.
But...I can't even fathom what could drive a person so mad as to shoot a kid.
Crazy man...I wish I was still a child, when the world seemed perfect.
But growing up screwed that up for me! Thanks a lot nature.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join