A 14-year-old boy got into a fight at a school bus stop and the police officer responded by shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

A 14-year old is not a kid, they are fully able to handle and shoot a gun, especially in that town where there is lots of crime, so police have to be carefull.

In the eyes of the law, the fourteen year old is a child.

Fully able to handle and shoot a gun, he didn't have a gun. Should we have cops shoot everyone that is over 13 years of age? That would cut down on the crime rates for sure!

Kids are old enough to steal at age 2. Should we execute everyone age 3 and up?

Send him out to buy cigarettes, beer, or even some Sudaphed, you will see that he needs to be 18 years old to buy two of the products, 21 for the other. There's no minimum age to be executed by a cop.

Funny thing is, 18 years is old enough to be a responsible voter, but not old enough to drink responsibly.

edit on 14-9-2011 by butcherguy because: To add.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's disgusting how the so called "law enforcement" can get away with things like that. Just further evidence that the Police as are the government are NOT on our side

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As an LEO, stuff like this gives all of us a black eye. Dude obviously needed to be let go and his "leadership" should be held absolutely accountable as well.

But they won't. You have no idea of a couple of scumbags I deal with that are somehow on my side of the thin blue line.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dero
As an LEO, stuff like this gives all of us a black eye. Dude obviously needed to be let go and his "leadership" should be held absolutely accountable as well.

But they won't. You have no idea of a couple of scumbags I deal with that are somehow on my side of the thin blue line.
Thank you for being honest.

It is refreshing to have an LEO tell the truth about what exists on your side of 'that thin blue line'.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That cop should of been canned a long time ago. That family need to call for the police chief to be fired for failing to get rid of that bad cop. It's the police chief duty to control his officers and make sure every one of them knows and follows all department procedures.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

this is why I think, cops should be at least 6'5". People get in line for the big boys. And big boys are intimidating and don't get intimidated easily, ergo, don't panic easily.

that cop panicked...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If this happened to my kid I would hunt that cop down and murder him. To me it would be worth life in prison.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Trust me, I wish we had fitness standards that had to be adhered to like when I was in the Air Force- that alone would get rid of a lot of unsat officers... I see a lot of 40 inch waistlines carrying weapons. Anyone ever notice a lot of the ones involved in shootings are rather large? My theory is that they're too bloody out of shape to catch anyone so they just go to the gun.

Ugh.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
poor lad may he rest in peace..

kx

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You are a LEO?
Well, how about doing the job you get paid to do and arrest them?
Otherwise you are just as guilty.
An accessory to their crimes.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Not in San Antonio.

Don't hate. It's unbecoming.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So sad... reminds me of the time I saw 2 friends (not mine, but friends with each other) outside of a bar messing around with each other, just wrestlin like young kids do, cop shows up, thinks its a serious fight, tries to break it up, but you know they were just messin around, so they split it up, try to go on their way, cop tases the one kid out of nowhere. Gets him in the directly in the heart, kid dies a month later. Saddest part is that both of this kids parents were detectives in NYC. Cop gets suspended for 2 months, goes back to his patrols.

Serious problems in this country.

On a good note though, imagine the horrible things our inmates will do to this pig, might be the one time I actually applaud our prison system for locking up horrible creatures.

Snitches get stitches and pigs get stuffed.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well, hopefully he gets his, something slow and painful.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68

You are a LEO?
Well, how about doing the job you get paid to do and arrest them?
Otherwise you are just as guilty.
An accessory to their crimes.

The bad cops will put one of their 'brothers' in a pine box just as quickly as a bad guy... if they cross the line.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by drew1749

no doubt a blue ribbon panel of experts will review everything with great care, have lots of meetings, spend a lengthy amount of time and money, people will be called in from outside, others will give testimony, and after all is said and done they will find the LEO innocent of any wrongdoing.

badges answer to no one. at best the Mom will be awarded money in court paid by the pockets of the taxpayers in the community. and a huge portion of that blood money will go to a lawyer.

badges answer to no one.

You are exectly right, And what I want to emphasize here and what EVERYONE NEEDS to understand and this is a fact....ALL COPS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN CORPORATE SECURITY GUARDS!!

GOT THAT? Every city is incorporated, every city that is 'incorporated" is a business, every big business like this HAS A SECURITY FORCE to drum up revenue to keep the CITY OFFICIALS in power. This is all a FACT!!

Some towns are not incoprated and they rely on the County Sheriff, an ELECTED OFFICIAL, not HIRED!! ALL COPS ARE HIRED...that should be the indictator that they are nothing more than security guards. Use some common sense here people and research the "law". Legislative acts are NOT LAWS, they are but regulations FOR the corporation. Wake up.

This cop IS a security guard and should be executed for Murder 1, attach to that, violation of civil rights, disobeying orders and so on, the list could be made very long.

Sadly, we the people allow the city to investigate their own security guards, WE the people should do the investigation under Grand Jury status and pass judgement accordingly. If the mother saw fit to get 23 people together, form a Grand Jury as is her right, and hold the chief accountable and the officer, indict them both and send them to jail, DONE!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
seems like every other day I see a thread on ATS about a cop abusing his powers...this is very sad. I don't care if the kid was trying to fight the officer, you don't shoot and kill an unarmed person. PERIOD! Restrain him! If you can't handle a 14 year old kid, then you don't need to be a pig.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
.ALL COPS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN CORPORATE SECURITY GUARDS!!

GOT THAT? Every city is incorporated, every city that is 'incorporated" is a business, every big business like this HAS A SECURITY FORCE to drum up revenue to keep the CITY OFFICIALS in power. This is all a FACT!!

Some towns are not incoprated and they rely on the County Sheriff, an ELECTED OFFICIAL, not HIRED!! ALL COPS ARE HIRED...that should be the indictator that they are nothing more than security guards. Use some common sense here people and research the "law". Legislative acts are NOT LAWS, they are but regulations FOR the corporation. Wake up.

This cop IS a security guard and should be executed for Murder 1, attach to that, violation of civil rights, disobeying orders and so on, the list could be made very long.

Sadly, we the people allow the city to investigate their own security guards, WE the people should do the investigation under Grand Jury status and pass judgement accordingly. If the mother saw fit to get 23 people together, form a Grand Jury as is her right, and hold the chief accountable and the officer, indict them both and send them to jail, DONE!!

After reading your post I went straight to my local police departments website and this it what I read, and I quote:

A well managed police service uses a thorough business planning process to set out its vision and strategy. Our business plan clearly articulates our commitment towards working with our community through our vision, mission, values and ethics.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There are two sides to every story, so we should be cautious before jumping to any conclusions. However, if this truly went down the way this story claims, I think this officer should be put on trial for murder. That of course, will never happen. But until the courts start holding these officers more accountable for illegal actions, they will continue this type of behavior.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So many good replies to this tragedy they are too numerous to list them all. As a parent and former teenager who got into tons of fights at the bus stop, I have to say that he should be turned over to the family. If the post is factual and this poor kid was shot whilst inside the shed in hiding, capital murder charges are in order. But I must also add that despite the PD finding it justified, lets all hope that the DA takes the time to do a complete and thorough investigation. I don't want to read another Casey Anthony outcome in regards to this.

One question remains that I did not see asked: what did the neighbor who saw the boy run into the shed see? What did the boy in the car see? I'm sure that even though they had a fight I'd bet everything he didn't want to see the kid killed. Usually after my fights at school bus stops we'd become friends and laugh over our stupidity for fighting in the first place...but that was the mid 70's. Things are different now, I know.

All I know is I would have made a 911 call too...after I blew the cops head off for shooting an unarmed teenager in hiding, my kid or not (if that is in fact the truth...)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
www.courthousenews.com...

SAN ANTONIO (CN) - A 14-year-old boy got into a fight at a school bus stop and the school district's police officer responded by shooting him to death, the boy's mother says. She says the cop had been reprimanded 16 times in the previous 4 years, suspended without pay 5 times, and "recommended for termination for insubordination," but the school kept him on the force "without remedial training."
Denys Lopez Moreno sued the Northside Independent School District, of San Antonio, the district's Chief of Police John Page and the alleged shooter, Daniel Alvarado, in Federal Court.
Lopez says her son, Derek, got into a fight with another boy at a school bus stop and punched the other boy once, in November 2010.
"Defendant, Alvarado, having responded to a call regarding a bus with a flat tire, witnessed Derek strike the other boy. He ordered Derek to 'freeze.' Derek hesitated and then ran from defendant Alvarado," according to the complaint.
"In his patrol car, Alvarado began chasing Derek in the neighborhood across the street from the high school. Alvarado lost sight of the boy in the neighborhood and returned to the location of the school boy fight. At that time, he called dispatch. Dispatch recordings reflect that his supervisor directed Alvarado to stay with the other boy and to 'not do any big search over there.'
"Ignoring his supervisor's orders to 'stay with the victim and get the information from him,' Alvarado placed the second boy into the patrol car and sped into the neighborhood to search for Derek."
Lopez says her son jumped over a fence and hid in a shed in the back yard of a house. The homeowner saw him, called 911, and alerted a neighbor, who pointed Alvarado in Derek's direction. Lopez says her son never left the shed, never approached the house or threatened the homeowner or her daughters, and posed no threat to anyone.
Nonetheless, she says: "In violation of NISD police department procedures, Alvarado drew his weapon immediately after exiting the patrol car. With his gun drawn, he rushed through the gate and into the back yard. Within seconds from arriving at the residence, Alvarado shot and killed the unarmed boy hiding in the shed."

You know usually I have something to say when it comes to events like this. Like always when a kid dies I am saddened, there is something just depressing about it. I'm sure the defenders of the police will join into the thread in a bit so as always some rules that I would like you to follow. Don't say I have a bad source unless you can provide another and don't try to say that the cop was acting in accordance with protocol. Clearly killing an unarmed kid is not okay.

I'm just saddened. I'm not sure why it makes me sad when I read a story about a teenager getting killed (considering it happens every day to someone) but it just does. Perhaps it's because they had their whole life in front of them or something else, idk. It could be because I am young myself that it bugs me so much. I'm just not sure. Anyways I thought I'd share this story with ATS.

- Drew
edit on 9/13/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

As a edit I'm going to throw in another source. This one states what the officer actually put in the police report. Apparently according to the officer the kid flung the shed door out and hit him in the face. Making the officer mad and making the officer fear for his life. So obviously the officer had to take out his gun and shoot a 14 year old boy. Obviously it makes sense because you know we have to believe the police. Right?

www.ksat.com...

/s

Im usually the defender of the police here...since I am part of em....the only thing I could think of is if the kid didnt show his hands or something...then showed them quickly with an object that the officer may have thought was a gun or knife etc...id like to see the report...sounds shady but man we got to drop the issue of age...a 14 yr old can kill just like any other age...be interesting to see the report and witness statements.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join