It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 14-year-old boy got into a fight at a school bus stop and the police officer responded by shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If this happened to my son, I would make it my sole purpose in life to erase that man from existence. I am definitely not a violent person, but I do believe that I could take the life of a person who killed my son.

Big talk, I know. Though when I put myself in the place of this poor family, a rather complex symphony of primal urges flow through my heart and mind.

I hope this man serves the rest of his life in prison for this.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This goes far beyond sad. It's tragic. It's sick. It's disgusting. I have lost all respect for law enforcement. Every single ounce of respect.

People who claim it's a few bad apples are in denial, or insane. This is now the norm. Abusing power, and killing citizens is almost a weekly occurrence. There's never a huge outcry from the departments after something like this. They place the office on leave, usually paid, and say they'll "investigate". It's a culture, and gang culture. They look out for themselves, and cover for each other, after being involved in criminal acts. Murderous acts of violence. Most officers at best, tolerate this behavior, and at worst, are involved and try to cover the tracks.

Not sure I'll be commenting in these types of threads for awhile. It's the same damn thing, over and over. I cop abuses his power, and someone else takes the brunt of a tragic, sometimes fatal situation, and the cops colleagues try to cover it up for him. It's depressing. My heart goes out to this kid and his family. Could have easily been me at 14.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What other purpose does a gun have, than to kill or maim?

I believe that carrying a gun indicates to all that you have intention to use it at some stage.

Not a matter if, more a matter of when.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Cops are either crooked.. or they turn a blind eye on other cops that are crooked.

Any cop that has had their badge more than a tear either is a bad apple, or knows of one that he allows to continue commiting crimes.
If they say otherwise they are lying.

If that were one of us that shot an unarmed 14 year old we'd be in jail.

The cop KNEW it was an unarmed 14 year old kid. He is a repeat offender, who was written up and termination recommened.

The mother should sue the school for allowing him around kids with a horrible record like that.
She should also sue the PD for keeping a dangerous cop on the force.
Criminal negligence comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It's almost more upsetting that this piece of garbage wasn't thrown in prison for life.

Why? Because one lone nut-case cop (by one I mean the vast majority) just shows that there are bad apples out there. But for this..... creature (I refuse to call him a man, as he is not) to go before an inquiry, and have it be deemed OK, shows that THIS is the acceptable way for police to act. Why be surprised when this kind of behavior is supported? He didn't do anything wrong (according to the law) which is the sickest part.

I'll stand by my viewpoint that there cannot be a good cop. You may be a decent human being, but if you sign up to be a police officer for whatever reason, you are joining a group who's job it is to deprive innocent citizens of their freedom, property, and potentially their lives. Your job includes being an agent of evil. YOU make the choice to be in this line of work, so YOU take the responsibility for it. I get so sick and tired of people talking about "good cops" They don't exists.

Just because they have never been the perpetrator of police brutality or killed someone without cause, doesn't make them good. Because they chose to enter into a line of work where they KNOW they will do evil unto innocent American citizens. I cannot accept that. That's like saying "Oh he was a good S.S. officer, he never killed any Jews or beat anyone up" Yes, but he is still a member of the SS. He wanted to be a member of a group that is evil, just like police officers in the USA (And I'm sure elsewhere, but I don't closely follow laws and law enforcement of other countries)
edit on 14-9-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If it'd be my kid this psychopath would be long gone.

I would be more satisfying probably to see him locked up for life, as would happen in a civilized society.

Too bad the US is a twisted barbarian one and the guy will remain to terrorize citizens for years to come. Probably even bragging to his cop buddies about this murder.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

So whats the point of cops carrying stun guns???

Killing or maiming any unarmed person by a cop should warrant a stand down and charged for manslaughter after a full investigation.
edit on 14-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

I believe that carrying a gun indicates to all that you have intention to use it at some stage.

while i agree with what you're saying, the caveat to that is;
when in possession of a tool of that caliber, DISCRETION and clear thinking must take presidence at all times.
i'm the owner of several of these tools, and have been in more than a few situations where they could've possibly been used. but i chose restraint, verbal judo or difusionary tactics to neutralize those issues, up to and including leaving the scene, or allowing myself to be the temporary victim, because in the latter instance, a $200 bracelet wasnt worth the life of the robber, or my conscience, and i gave enough detail to dispatch, that the fool was caught 5min after speeding away...the idiot didnt know i was on the phone(bluetooth) during the commission of his felony.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This is sad to hear for the boy and police officer.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
cops are going so far these days youd think they were given the training to shoot first ask questions later,they think they can play god! well f*** them! one of these days were not gonna take it anymore and were gonna fight back and show them how they are just peices of s*** that arent protecting anbody but themselves!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
As much as I try to follow the letter of the law, I think that I would be serving time now for killing a police officer because I would have ripped his beating heart from his chest and let him see it as he died.

I cannot believe this happened, it is disgusting. I hope that he gets his just deserts. Screw him.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
After my tour in Vietnam, I returned home and served as a Police Officer through the 70's. I left the force in 1981. Even that long ago, I could see the changes occurring in the profession. It became less and less about public service and more and more about profit and control. The establishment of the Criminal Justice Industrial Complex was beginning and is now upon us full bore. It won't change until we the people put a stop to it. Guns are tools, not evil incarnations that sneak out at night and kill people. PEOPLE are the problem and we need to be very certain that those we empower to carry guns and enforce our laws are stable and dedicated to service.
I have had similar situations and chose to go to scrappin' hand to hand rather than kill. Killing is a LAST RESORT. A few scrapes and bruises will heal much faster than my conscience and we can all laugh about it later over a beer. I fear for this country, I fear greatly.
Live long and prosper

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is sad, I hope the boys mother wins her case and cleans out the City and School District.

How do people like this get past all the physiological exams and probationary period to become a police officer in the first place? The only gun this guy should be carrying is a price gun at Walmart's.

Generally I support the police, they do a thankless job and for every scumbag like this there are dozens of good officers out there.

why is it that every time i hear the phrase "fearing for my life" in a police report it's being used as a weak excuse by someone who shouldn't be in a position of authority.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
yay, aren't the police wonderful. They're here to protect you, don't you know.

[/sarcasm overload]

PIG SCUM.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Its time to take the fight back to these pigs. Ive no respect for them anymore especially how they treated me. You cant trust them anymore than you can trust a crack addicted in withdrawls. They hide behind the"Law" and corrupt officials who can "make things go away." You want a solution, you make the neighborhood to dangerous to go into for them. I know hoods here that some would call the projects, where the cops wont go unless they have a good reason and even then the bring in numbers and SWAT. Let one dumbass pig go in theres and he`ll get jumped and the cruiser would be in a chop shop in seconds. To bad i live in an apartment, otherwise i`d have my driveway claymored up.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Any cop who feels threatened by an unarmed 14 year old boy shoouldn't be a cop. If they don't feel confident enough to subdue an unarmed child then geeze how often will they shoot first!? Sounds like this cop knew he wsa commiting murder and just knew he would get away with it. Even if just 1 in 100 cops are like this its that 1 out of the 100 that you remember.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrayedd

So you would deprive the rest of your family from their father? I understand why anyone would want to kill this guy, but a cop doing any hard time in prison would be more terrible than murdering him. Just a shame cops don't seem to do hard time ever.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I think where most people who carry a firearm are ready to use it 99% of them never have to. Its not a case of 'when #' at all. The vast majority of people who carry a weapon (where it is legal to) will never have to use it. Just because the media cover all these incidets more don't get confused that they happen all the time.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Above all she should sue the officer thoug surely!?!? He was the one who committed murder. The school and PD are definitely responsible to some degree, but he is the real evil in this story.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Fair enough, but what is the harm in that?

I killed a moccasin on my deck about 3 weeks ago. We know there are predators in the world, both human and animal. I am a fairly large, strong, and confident man, but I don't stand a chance against a group of men, or a bear, or a pack of coyotes. A gun provides an added layer of safety. Even in my office setting, if a crazy person comes in intent on doing harm, then a responsible gun owner can limit the harm that is done.

I carry insurance on my car, but I hope I don't need it.
I have a first aid kit in my desk, but I hope I don't need it.
I have my emergency supply of water and food, but I hope I don't need it.
I have a will and testament, but I hope I don't need it.
I have a gun, and I hope I don't need it, but I carry it anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join