It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Flotus saying?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

If that's what she said, "Wow" is right.

I think a huge part of this story is that 3 years ago no American would have thought that any first lady could possibly have said that. Now we know her a little better and nobody with a brain between their ears can can come up with a viable alternative...yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This undoubtedly proves that that both the President and the First Lady are anti-American Muslims! All of the expert lip readers agree that she's showing disrespect! Lets spread the word about how we lip read Michelle Obama to prove she hates America!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
whats the point ? this bag pipe ceremony is weird for colored people. they just cannot connect to this "white" ritual. i dont see a problem with that.

Except that the obamas are supposed to be president and first lady for all Americans, not just the ones that share the same race as they do.

They certainly have never had a problem acting like something (they don't believe in) is or was important when they are or were pandering for votes. So, why not for this solemn - and non-racial - event.

Can't decide if you are trying to play the race card or not.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TreesusChrist

Are you suggesting that reading someones lips is an invalid intel gathering tool?

Are you suggesting she said something else?

I'm a big fan of sarcasm but it works better against obvious flaws in someone's idea, not the best and arguably obvious scenario.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Can't decide if you are trying to play the race card or not.

i am not. if she said what is claimed in this thread, we could debate about the word "fu#&ing" before the word flag. thats slang, imo. i sympathize with the first lady, because this would make her a normal human being, that doesnt like everything. she probably isnt that patriotic, but hey, if you could her what all the first ladies untill today said in private.....
i think, it wont be solved, what she really said. she could suffer some image loss, that would be bad luck. and, imo, it isnt the flag thats important it is a humane way to live, if you can and are not too stressed. maybe she had a bad day and wasnt very tolerant in this situation, but we all do have such days sometimes.

edit on 13-9-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
After 17 years as a bartender working in clubs with loud music, I am slightly talented at reading lips. Granted, mostly drink orders.
However, after watching the video several times, I can say the last part, where she is past the divider, she is saying, IMO
'...fold the flag'
That leads me to believe she is saying in total..'I love how they fold the flag'
He agrees and she shakes her head in a negative motion signaling amazement at the abilities of the service men/women.
Now I did not vote for Obama, and I have always thought that his campaign was too quick to rise and commercialized.
But I now think He gets a bum rap for alot of the cr*p that others started.
This thread title is an example. Jump to the worst conclusion and run with it.
No one would have done this to Regan, and his first lady. And I hated Regan, he is the one who decided that tips were taxable income. And since there wasn't a way to verify tips, Regan decided that wait staff would pay 8% percent of sales. Even knowing that was an arbitrary number pulled from thin air.

Okay, stepping down from my soap box...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think she says "the flag" and the first bit is blocked by the post.

I think she's saying something nice and sweet and BO's reaction is genuine too.

People just wanna hate man.

I think the person above is probably right, folding the flag or something. "love how they fold the flag" or "look how they fold the flag"
edit on 13/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You guys are ridiculous.

Do you not have REAL policy or ideology or actions that you can attack? Sad.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I'm sure she's saying "I don't believe they're doing all that for a flag."
Pity she doesn't get it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wait...didn't Michelle say she was (finally) "proud of her Country?".

Now all my illusions are shattered.

At worst assessment, she said something disparaging of the flag ceremony. At best, the both breached protocol of standing silently and respectfully. They both campaigned long and hard to get the positions of POTUS and FLOTUS. They KNOW some camera will ALWAYYS be trained upon them...so they need to respect that and act accordingly. They either believe they are above protocol and official ettiquette or they both think they know it all and will not adhere to any instruction from staff. In any of those scenarios, their lack of RESPECT for the solemn nature of the event speaks volumes even if the film clip does not.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
You guys are ridiculous.

Do you not have REAL policy or ideology or actions that you can attack? Sad.

Gee whiz Aeons! It looks like actions to me? If she said, "all this for a f'n flag" I wonder what her ideology is? What policy does she support to that end? To fundamentally transform our country? Into what?

Nothing to add to the topic? Sad...don't bother next time?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yes, you wouldn't want to focus on.... the whole World changing around you and redefining the landscape of geo-politics and macro-economics for the next twenty years.

Lip reading is FAR more important.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think she was slamming the Irish.

"Skirts are for fags."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

David Grouchy
edit on 13-9-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I have to be honest, main reason I clicked on this thread was that I had no idea what a "Flotus" was....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
haha I think the word you guys are missing- is one that is not allowed on here.

I think she is saying "All of this for a F_ing flag?"

Play it over and over and it will match up =) Perfectly

Eyeroll- priceless.

Someone needs to keep that beast locked up and out of the public eye, all she does is get her husband in trouble anytime she opens that big mouth.

In all seriousness here....that is EXACTLY what the wife and I read no joke! Nice to see that others pegged her for saying the same and I have to say that I am not surprised in the least as it is no secret that they (Obummer and skank) literally HATE America and everything we have ever stood for. That is why there is a concerted effort to bring it down.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

"Skirts are for fags."

David Grouchy
edit on 13-9-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

Scots. They are Scots.

You know - Irish who like sheep. Or Welsh who can swim.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

"Skirts are for fags."

David Grouchy

Scots. They are Scots.

You know - Irish who like sheep. Or Welsh who can swim.

Thank you for that.
I stand corrected!

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Yes, you wouldn't want to focus on.... the whole World changing around you and redefining the landscape of geo-politics and macro-economics for the next twenty years.

Lip reading is FAR more important.

I guess you're right. Nobody can look at more than one thing at a time...

Maybe it occurs to you that after focusing on the world changing around us and the redefined landscape of geo-politics and macro-economics we've found ourselves with a first family the oozes contempt for everything we were raised with?

The element of the story nobody wants to acknowledge is that for the first time in memory, pure contempt for our values blatantly spat by a mean spirited first lady, is a viable explanation that can't be dismissed out of hand.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm no expert but I clearly see her form an l with her tongue so she deffo said folding flag seems a non issue to me.... people just grasping at straws to bash Obama

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

We have heard from secret service people that she is the Rudest most Racist first lady they've had the misfortune of protecting so wouldn't surprise me if this was a snide remark about our or their Flag.

I'm not buying it. Please source the "secret service people" with full names, service dates and an explanation of why they are talking now. Secret Service agents pride themselves on NOT talking about the people they guard. The one exception I know of was the yutz who wrote a book about Clinton after retiring.

But I have a feeling you will continue to believe this slur even without any supporting facts; wonder why that is? It couldn't be your racism could it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join