It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Flotus saying?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Looks to me like, "All this for a flag" with the eyeroll and Barrack's reply smirk?

I hope I'm mistaken, but that's so rare...

What do you think she said?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Sep 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Really don't think she is saying that... Its too short and doesn't match up. I can only really make out the word flag.

But hey, i am no lip reader.

After watching it again im not even sure she says flag...
edit on 13-9-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think she said a few words before "All that for a flag". Lets get this thread going, and maybe some ATSers with deaf family members can help us out. if she did say that...this needs to go viral.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
Looks to me like, "All this for a flag" with the eyeroll and Barrack's reply smirk?

I hope I'm mistaken, but that's so rare...

What do you think she said?

It has something to do with a flag..Whatever it was she said it certainly seems condescending by facial expressions.. We have heard from secret service people that she is the Rudest most Racist first lady they've had the misfortune of protecting so wouldn't surprise me if this was a snide remark about our or their Flag.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
haha I think the word you guys are missing- is one that is not allowed on here.

I think she is saying "All of this for a F_ing flag?"

Play it over and over and it will match up =) Perfectly

Eyeroll- priceless.

Someone needs to keep that beast locked up and out of the public eye, all she does is get her husband in trouble anytime she opens that big mouth.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant

This was caught by CSPAN during the flag folding ceremony. I think maybe she references that? Their body language and contempt are a little easier to translate from a distance...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
whats the point ? this bag pipe ceremony is weird for colored people. they just cannot connect to this "white" ritual. i dont see a problem with that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Actually now that you say that... it really does seem to match up quite nicely...

All that for a F***ing flag!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If she really said that she does have a point.

I went to a military funeral before and it took them at least 40 minutes just to fold a flag and I was sitting down, she had to stand up.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Actually now that you say that... it really does seem to match up quite nicely...

Actually it only matches up the first few times you watch it after someone telling you what they think she is saying.

I'm pretty sure the last word is flag. The effing part doesn't sync up for me, and she starts talking when that divider is in-front of her mouth.

too many words for "all this for a flag" too many words for "all this for an effing flag" And really, it doesn't appear to me that she's saying "effing" at all.

I think people might be seeing what they want to see here, because I see it totally different, and no one is mentioning Obama's reaction. So, the president who is sworn to protect that flag and all it stands for is in public with the first lady who supposedly says "all this for an effing flag" during a ceremony and he smiles and nods in agreement?

Nah.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I went to a military funeral before and it took them at least 40 minutes just to fold a flag and I was sitting down, she had to stand up.

Thankyou for saying that as now it becomes more clear to me what she's saying.

Loosely something along the lines of "look how they fold that flag" the "effing" you guys see is "fold or folding" for me. And if you've ever witnessed a ceremony like this (Canadian one for me) you would also be amazed at how long it takes, but also the pure mechanical perfection of their movements while doing this.

and no, I'm not a Obot.
edit on 13-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Looks to me like she said something about the way they folded the flag.

From the little bit I could see, it did look a bit sloppy.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You do make a good point about obamas reaction. Unless some lip syncing expert comes forward, it will be just way too hard too tell. Even then we will never truly know.

At the end of the day, who really cares what she said anyway.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I've been on funeral detail. I've folded too many flags. If the Commander in Chief's Wookie, I mean wife, can't have more respect than this she shouldn't be there.

I'm really looking forward to the other possibilities because I don't want to believe this.

I don't think any respectful dialogue can be matched up with their body language. I sense disgust of something in their demeanor but maybe she got gum on her shoe?

Unfortunately the FLOTUS has earned a reputation that makes our first translation not only believable but to be expected...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think I cracked it....

"Can you believe how they fold that flag?"

I dont like her one bit, bit i think she was amazed at the flag folding perfection. You have to remember, these idiots know they are being filmed, they are part "mugging" for the camera.

I dont even think Obama heard her, or was even paying attention to her, he did what I always do with my wife in loud places....look her in the eye, acknowledge that i agree with whatever # she just said, just to keep the peace...

I guess Im "Presedential Looking" LOL
edit on 13-9-2011 by MentalGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I dont care if she understands the concept of the bag pipes in the "white ritual" (Jeez, are you kidding me?!) or not. The fact is, if she DID say "all this for a %^&$#@! flag", then she needs to be smacked and taught what that Flag is supposed to stand for! This could be the worst show of disrespect to America and her people that has ever happened by a First Lady. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It looks to me like she is actually saying 'I love how they fold the flag'. Two americans sharing an intimate moment of pride in their country. Of course I may be wrong 'I am not a lip reader' but its hard to believe such a media savy person would say something as stupid and horrible as that, surrounded by the worlds media as they were. Perhaps people are trying to see something that never happened, what would be their motives for sugesting such a thing? political, racist, personally I think its the same old people who can't accept the fact that black folks are ocupying the white house, and continually look for anything to make them look bad...

Where is the 'eye rolling' by the way? I see no rollage there

edit on 13-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Either way I think we need to start getting some voice dubs going over this video... for a laugh at least anyway.

Can anyone put on a good Mrs O voice?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
"can you believe how they fold the flag"- No.

She wouldnt say that then roll her eyes afterwords.

And her Husbands reaction is one of "yea, now shut up before you get me in trouble, Im gunna look the other way".

I really think she is saying what most of us think she might be saying.

Im not a lip reader, but I do audio engineering, and I have to match up vocals with video a lot with certain projects, so matching the audio up to the lip service can be tricky. (You all might know what Im talkin about if you have seen a really crappy job someone did trying to film a movie with a vid camera in the movie theatre, then trying to match the audio and visual up).

Anyways, I still think she said "All of this for a f-kin flag?" She starts to say it right after her head goes around the divider thing. she maybe have mumbled his name or something before she said that to him to get his attention.

Call me crazy

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
...what would be their motives for sugesting such a thing? political, racist, personally I think its the same old people who can't accept the fact that black folks are ocupying the white house, and continually look for anything to make them look bad...

OMG what a schmuck.

The race card? AGAIN?

Race was used as a TOOL FOR her in an earlier post excusing her disrespect of a "white ceremony" she don't don't git.

Now it's a TOOL AGAINST me for reacting angrily to her.

If anybody acted that way within arms reach of me it wouldn't matter what color they were. But if it happened within arms reach of me, I might know whether she was just complaining about gum on her shoe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join