It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's latest ad: "pretty boy vs. pretty boy". Its a zinger, check it out!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This guy is a distraction much like Ralph Nader...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by eLPresidente

Here we go, the trolls are out to play, the 'racist associations' it is false and has been proven

Really?

Then he needs to work on getting that message out there...because it is commonly believed that Ron Paul is the white supremist candidate.

Maybe instead of calling people "pretty boys"...him or his PAC should focus on clearing up his image. They can start with his past associations, donations, and attraction of white supremist...then they can work on his image of being a kooky crazy old man.

Attack me all you want...I'm only stating what the common perception of Ron Paul is in the real world (outside of ATS or any other pro Ron Paul website).

i feel like most people are attacking outkast searcher, for the very simple reason that they want ron paul to win, and if anyone states the obvious, SOOOOOOOOOO OBVIOUS, that ron paul IS NOT going to win, everyone freaks out. the mainstream media destroyed his chaces many years ago. are you guys seriously that blind, i understand your desire for a pure candidate, but......

ATS has become just like the rest of the world, if you dont agree 100% with something someone says then you must be an establisment anti-me obamaite, happy go lucky, ignorant & profane, blissfully looking the other way. if you dont vote for ron paul or HATE, DISRESPECT, AND DIGITALLY FART on america in your posts then your apart of the government disinfo group infiltrating places like this. isnt that why we came to this site, to get away from that crap, intelligent debates, communicate with people with similar interests, not name calling and angry words.

personally i dont give a damn who wins, but, if any of you are comfortable with your lives now prepare for almost everything we've built in the years sense WWII to be called into question and potentially changed if paul becomes president. i know most of you will say good riddance, but SERIOUSLY THINK about this, SERIOUSLY CONSIDER if you are ready for that kind of change. i welcome change, ive lived my life ready for any kind of disruption, but for those of you who have/are not, the first few years of the paul presidency will disrupt many fascets of your life.

if you cant respect someones opinions then you shouldnt be here. this place is filled, utterly filled to the brim, with opinion, if we wanted to get yelled at for my opinions id go talk to my mouthed neighbor. slinging internet mud at one another is totally useless, and sad to watch. disagreements are ok, needed in fact, but get off you high horses.
edit on 13-9-2011 by primoaurelius because: grammer

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Cute Ad, but if you want to hear a well composed version of "The Good Doctor", try this one from 2008.

Campaign for Liberty Announcement

"Never give up, never give in." ...a modern day minute man for sure...

Sort of like a modern day ride of Paul Revere?

I have a small meditation/prayer I like to reflect upon when in contemplation of our leaders, and possible leaders...
Let me share it again here with you...

A prayer for our Human Principles

Truth, let it touch us with light...
Shine upon the minds of the thinking...
Call out to the ears of builders, and guide us
to the fruition of being...

Love, let it nourish us in growth...
Bring union to houses divided...
Mend gardens careless feet have trampled,
and give aid to the unfortunate and discarded...

Courage, let it bring the desire we need;
To hear the truth when spoken...
Stand counted for compassion in creed, and be
a true vision of Humanity in motion...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodLifeGodLike

Originally posted by TegReturns
Ron Paul will be just as crooked as the rest if he gets into office...

I doubt it. He's a doctor so he has enough money. His libido is probably zilch at this age, so no sex scandals.

So no money and no sex. What else are you going to bribe him with?

Sorry, but I've got bad new for you. Ron Paul is not a doctor! He was a doctor. He hasn't practiced medicine for nearly 40 years! Alright, so now that we've gotten that out of the way you can all stop calling him Dr. Paul. If you feel the need to use an honorific to exalt your holy candidate, 'Congressman' superscedes his title of 'Doctor' and is actually somewhat relevant to his political career.

I will assure you that any money he had 4 decades ago has long been forgotten about. Besides, politicians can never have enough money.

It's also very naive to think Ron Paul doesn't need money (or sex), or that those are the only 2 things people could be corrupted by. What about power? I'm sure many elderly people would do anything for one last grab at power before they are too old and feeble to walk.

ETA: Yes, that was kind of a low jab. I guess I should have said I don't see how Ron Paul would be any less susceptible to corruption than other candidates based on his financial status or sexual libido, and not on his principles and values.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Akasirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius

my serious problem with you and why I am ready to start punching people like you in the face in real life is that you have no authority and or otherwise to state that Ron Paul cannot win the 2012 Election. Its as bad as the people who try and predict that Elenin is going to smash into us and kill us all or that Star Trek Enterprise will show up tomorrow with gold and trinkets and save us all from calamity. Its so annoying to hear because its just MSM dribble like mindless drones spew every day and the ignorance I detect now is near toxic levels.

The Answer is plain and simple...If you want continued war/Death...Please vote someone else..If you want peace and prosperity..Vote Ron Paul..Those are the choices whether you like them or not..its called reality and they have the aces up their sleeves...we don't.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Old77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
also i would like to state that i think ron paul has some good ideas, and im quite curious to see exactly how it would play out if he was in office. and also when i say things in our lives would be disrupted, i dont think all of it is necessarily a bad thing. however, i truly feel that h doesnt have a chace, i think bachman has the "extreme" side covered, and pauls message is too focused.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Click here for more information.

I don't know what you said, elPresidente, but I'm sure I would have agreed with you!

LMAO!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

Sorry, but I've got bad new for you. Ron Paul is not a doctor! He was a doctor. He hasn't practiced medicine for nearly 40 years! Alright, so now that we've gotten that out of the way you can all stop calling him Dr. Paul.

Um, no, I'm afraid that's not how it works, Akasirus.....

Once a doc, always a doc. That goes for all docs....not just Ron Paul......

Get over it.

edit on 13-9-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I will be voting for Ron even if I have to pencil his name in. You must remember though, even is he was elected he wouldnt be able to get much more done than Obama. Maybe even less!
edit on 13-9-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by eLPresidente

Your data is a bit outdated...let's use up to date information.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Obama has an average of +4.3 against Paul.

Romney and Perry are both doing better than Paul in head to head vs Obama...USING CURRENT DATA.

Obama vs a Generic Republican is Obama 43.4 and Republican 44.5. All republicans are going to be right in that range...it doesn't matter who it is.

But Ron Paul gives Obama a lot of ammo, he is extreme and his past associations with white supremist and racially charged statements will give people a lot of motivation to get out and vote for Obama.

I'm sorry...I understand how much some people love Ron Paul...I see a different side of it...I see him as an extemeist fool.
edit on 12-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Yes, Ron Paul is extreme if honesty, integrity, being well informed, consistent, principled, and supportive of the fundamental values embodied in the U.S. Constitution are what marks a person as extreme.

A change for the better that makes a difference. Hmmm! That would indeed be extreme.

Obama has proven himself to be lacking in many of Ron Paul's qualities. He stole the vote of many Americans with campaign promises that he's made no effort to fulfill once in office.

The only reason Romney and Perry are the apparent frontrunners is that they are the media sweethearts, the chosen photogenic favorites. To call them "pretty boys" is right on the money. Little of substance issues from their mouths. If either one of them possessed Ron Paul's substance, or if Ron Paul possessed their facial beauty or their glibness of tongue, there'd be no question of who our next president will be.

What the media are doing is highlighting their own deep seated lack of substance. If Ron Paul was given the media attention he deserves you'd be on the bandwagon proclaiming his virtues. I get the impression that you just like to be seen as on the side that appears to be "winning". You seem to wannabe with the "in-crowd" rather than risk being wrong on behalf of what you know would be a better choice for all of us.
edit on 9/13/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/13/2011 by dubiousone because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius

Not so.

The only reason Ron Paul may not win is that he is denied the exposure that the media showers on its photogenic favorites. Romney and Perry would just keep this country on its present road to oblivion.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Yes, calling people names (pretty boy) is so presidential of him

Once again...Ron Paul comes off as being childish and not very dignified in this ad.

I don't know if things like this are his idea or some strategist...but whoevers it is....they should think twice about it.

This is friendly advice...if he wants to do better in polls...he needs to start acting a bit more serious.

Did you watch the video? It says, during the credits: The Revolution PAC is responsible for this communication. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. REVOLUTIONPAC.COM
I think it's a fantastic ad--funny, cute and TRUE!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I know you on here trying to ruffle feathers but I am curious as to why?
What is the thing about Dr. Paul that you dislike the most? Not how is advertising is because he's not making these videos himself.
May I ask who are you pulling for this next Presidential election?

I'm here discussing Ron Paul...why is it that you and others want to discuss ME???

I am not a Republican...I will most likely be supporting Obama. If I wanted Obama to have an easy time...I would be promoting Ron Paul because he would have no chance against Obama. I'm commenting on candidates because it is election season and from my point of view (and the point of view of the credibl polls, not internet polls) Ron Paul is running a very poor campaign.

It just so happens that 99% of threads on the election on ATS are about Ron Paul. I enjoy discussing politics...and so that leaves me with Ron Paul threads to comment on (it's either that or birther threads).

People like to get angry at me and attack me because I point out the FACTS that Ron Paul is not a front runner right now. I'm sorry..that is just the facts.
edit on 12-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

According to WCPO, Ron Paul was the winner of BOTH IN-PERSON (not internet) straw polls held before and after the GOP debate yesterday. Of course, CNN is trying to hide this fact, still touting Perry, although Perry has moved DOWNWARD past third place. The results are at 3:35 min.:
www.wcpo.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
He'll be killed if he even gets close.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

According to WCPO, Ron Paul was the winner of BOTH IN-PERSON (not internet) straw polls held before and after the GOP debate yesterday. Of course, CNN is trying to hide this fact, still touting Perry, although Perry has moved DOWNWARD past third place. The results are at 3:35 min.:
www.wcpo.com...

Confirmed! Now, we all know that if Perry or Romney won those straw polls, it would be all over the media. I wonder what all the haters will say to IN PERSON votes?? Were those skewed too???

edit on 13-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well the ad was by a PAC. Unlike other ads which contain the verbiage "I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message", this one does not.

Once again...Ron Paul comes off as being childish and not very dignified in this ad.

You say "once again". Where else do you think he has appeared "childish" and "not dignified"?

And I would disagree with you. The media is having a love fest with these two establishment shills with little or no interest in exposing their hypocritical records. If Ron Paul and his supporters do not expose these liars, I have little confidence that the media will.

----------------
And,imo, you are right to have little confidence that the media will expose those liars! The Big 6: ViaCom, CBS, Walt Disney, GE, News Corp., TimeWarner. Almost ALL major media is owned by 6 corporations. They know that a Paul presidency would end their cushy little special privileges, not to mention that GE, for instance, makes a lot of money via the military industrial complex. This is why the media hates Ron Paul. This is why the media tries to push these bought-and-paid-for, same-old, same-old candidates. This is why they love war, no matter the loss of innocent lives! They want things to continue on, as is.
I don't have time to do further research right now, but I thought there were anti-monopoly laws in this country. Or there were at one time!
The Big 6:
www.freepress.net...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker
All RP needs to do is win the black vote. That's Obama's last constituency, because everyone else has had enough. I'm serious, BTW. I'm black. black america is doing terribly under Obama. if RP does a major black vote outreach, appeals to us along economic lines, shows how the 2-party system, the same-old same-old thinking, has always #ed everyone, but black america in particular..it's possible. The new jobs bill won't pass..
edit on 13-9-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

What you have said and Paul's stance on one of the issues is why it's ridiculous to call him racist (not saying you called him racist, but others here have). One of the reasons Paul is against the War on Drugs is that a disproportionate amount of NON-violent young blacks are in prison for a crime with no victim!!!

Ron Paul On The Issues (Drugs):

Q: What policy would you support to guarantee young Black and Latino men a fairer equal justice system?
A: A system designed to protect individual liberty will have no punishments for any group and no privileges. Today, I think inner-city folks and minorities are punished unfairly in the war on drugs. For instance, Blacks make up 14% of those who use drugs, yet 36 percent of those arrested are Blacks and it ends up that 63% of those who finally end up in prison are Blacks. This has to change. We don’t have to have more courts and more prisons. We need to repeal the whole war on drugs. It isn’t working. We have already spent over $400 billion since the early 1970s, and it is wasted money. Prohibition didn’t work. Prohibition on drugs doesn’t work. So we need to come to our senses. And, absolutely, it’s a disease. We don’t treat alcoholics like this. This is a disease, and we should orient ourselves to this. That is one way you could have equal justice under the law.
www.ontheissues.org...

FWIW, there are many youtube videos of young blacks supporting Ron Paul and saying why they do so.
Here's one:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I saw this ad yesterday and i think once it gets enough money to be put on tv it will lower other candiates chances of getting elected!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
what an amazing heartwarming video. damn what a strong clear message. i hope this thing makes it to cable tv all across the nation!!!!!!!! go paul we love you!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join