It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Isn't Important

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
God isn't important, or at least in the context that most people apply meaning to the term.

Most of the time people are using the term 'god' as symbol or image of one's identity. In reality it doesn't change anything. People keep trying to define 'god' and then try to convince others of it to be true so that they have reassurance. It really doesn't matter what you believe because its only beliefs, your beliefs. Whether your believe in Jesus or claim to be an atheist, it doesn't put food in your stomach. I think people involve themselves too much in this story we call life.

People spend more time trying to be right than actually practicing the love that they claim is important. I guess this turned into a rant but I will post this anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I hope you find God to comfort you....I'm not trying to be a a__h___ by saying that. I just know what I feel is real comforts me.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

its a strange part of the human makeup.
we search so hard for meaning and the feeling of being special, that when we think we get there we dont even stop to look where we are at.
i hope that the human race can overcome religion
i think we would see a new generation of people that could really turn this world back on its feet
edit on 10-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Hi Ralphy...first you should understand "What" God is...not Who. God is not some guy that has an accounting book of right and wrong. You are not to be judged. God is the all encompassing, the field in which you and I exist...in essence then You are God! See...God is good and God is Great...that is all true! Do some digging and research. Sometimes it is best to look at other religions too to get a perspective, but in the end you will find that no religion really answers the question...the questions and answers are within! Good luck on your search!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

God isn't important...yet...

2nd

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So god isn't everything to you? But, not everything could also be something. For example, not everything could be half of something, which is still something and therfore not nothing.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nickendres

i love how you christians or theists always come up with answers like that
when will they day come you can either say something releavent and factual or not say anything at all

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by Ralphy

Hi Ralphy...first you should understand "What" God is...not Who. God is not some guy that has an accounting book of right and wrong. You are not to be judged. God is the all encompassing, the field in which you and I exist...in essence then You are God! See...God is good and God is Great...that is all true! Do some digging and research. Sometimes it is best to look at other religions too to get a perspective, but in the end you will find that no religion really answers the question...the questions and answers are within! Good luck on your search!

LOL, we are not God and that is called blasphemy. Gonna be real funny when you stand in front of Yahweh and try to explain to Him that youre Him. I don't think God is going to buy that new age BS, have fun with that anti-christ.
edit on 10-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickendres
So god isn't everything to you? But, not everything could also be something. For example, not everything could be half of something, which is still something and therefore not nothing.

....What the hell. Isn't that a quote from the short conservation between two cleverbots; which has a thread at the top of flagged list? Stealing quotes from artificial intelligence I see.. lol

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickendres
So god isn't everything to you? But, not everything could also be something. For example, not everything could be half of something, which is still something and therfore not nothing.

True and yet only a 1/2 truth...until you completely understand the incomprehensible ...you will have no clue!

LOL! thanks for the laugh!
edit on 10-9-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nickendres

A cleverbot SO recently said the same thing, where are you getting your material?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Congratulations, you're an Apatheist.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

edit on 10-9-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

You are important to God.
2nd

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
Whether your believe in Jesus or claim to be an atheist, it doesn't put food in your stomach. I think people involve themselves too much in this story we call life.

If one's existence/way of life, is the epitome of one's beliefs in God, then how can it be that God is not important?

By the way, to some, in time of crisis, having faith in God is more important than putting something into your stomach that end of the day only goes out foul & smelly.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You guys have to see this! Awesome!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

The real thing is not to define to divinity or ''the source'' of all things but to understand it on a profound personal insight on a matter of the heart, thus meaning a right brained thinking of it.

This is really the way to get to the point or you may try to find something you will not in my honest opinion.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I think people involve themselves too much in this story we call life.

And what exactly would you have everyone involve themselves in that has nothing to do with this "story we call life"?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
God isn't necessary either. Outside of the Big Bang, basically everything has an explanation that doesn't require a deity. The formation of galaxies, stars, our solar system, earth, life developing, our atmosphere forming, evolution, all the way up to the development of the computer that I'm typing on.

I agree, god isn't important.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join