It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the 6.4 quake (9/9/11) in Vancouver be a foreshock to a mega quake?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Yup...I just got back from Italy/Croatia and felt a few eq's and now im in vancouver! Is someone following me?

btw - WESTCOAST - Thanks for everything you do here, i always appreciate your threads

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by muzzleflash

285 quakes in Italy, Greece and Turkey in the last 7 days. In fact I was rather surprised to see your comment as I have been watching Italy rolling past all day.

The split on that is Greece 99, Italy 75 and Turkey 111.

They must have all been really small.

The USGS map doesn't show anything from this week on their main page. The only thing from this week visible is from the region is a 4.2 in Romania yesterday. Which is really interesting in itself.

Where are you guys/gals getting the listings of these small quakes? I'd really appreciate that link. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
WestCoast - you are the dopest chick on ATS.

#1 no offense to the other women
#2 I was overcome with emotion so I had to express it in terms I use OFF of ATS.
#3 feminists, please don't attack me.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wheuuu! OK, when I first began to read this thread I was almost in tears and became sick to my stomach. After having read through all of these pages I have settled somewhat but still and all have this shakey feeling deep inside.

So where ever you are, be careful and do all you can to be prepared and then let it all go and live as well as you can.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DankDeany

The strangest thing about that big red dot, is that it is exactly where it was in my recent earthquake dream, where I was looking at the earthquake map.
How strange.

Anyway, I must state here that I'm a historian, and in no way knowledgeable about these things.
Just, quite a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
6.4 not that large. Aftershocks come after 7s and above. Nothing will happen. Chances of 2 Mag 9s in a year? Miniscule.

Doom off.

Sorry.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Chances of millions of birds dropping from the sky?

Chances of an earthquake in VA being felt in Canada? Let alone happening..

Chances of the sky growling at us?

Chances of 1000's of earthquakes hitting in the same area almost consecutively?

2011 alone has busted holes in your logic.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

EMSC www.emsc-csem.org...

They list mag 2 upwards for Europe and 4 upwards elsewhere usually.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My phycic hasn't predicted any major earthquakes in the next 7 days, so just relax people!

He did predict the recent Russian plane crash around 3 days before it happened as well as the Texas wildfires (though that one was probably a given).

My prediction is we won't see another 9+ in the next 10 years.
edit on 9-9-2011 by SpaceJockey1 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I am glad to hear that all is well, and thank you guys for the updates. I did not feel this quake, but some people around here say they did.

Just throwing this out there, could they be off on weekends and update on Monday, I just wondered because it is the weekend. I will hoping all is quiet, but following this thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Thanks again for your work WC. After reading through your thread
about the whole cascadia area, I'm more concerned about
that region than I am SA fault which is my backyard.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
WC and PM. Thanks first off for all of the hard work you guys do! I've been subscribed to the Quake Watch 2011 thread for 4 months now and I know you guys are on top of your game.

I'm in Monroe, WC and I didnt feel a thing today (however I was driving home for some lunch. I'm definitely keeping a tab up on this thread as well.

Play safe people. These guys seem to know their stuff well. And when they heed warning, it wouldn't hurt to take into account the fact that their concerns are valid.

Peace...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reports here of 4.9 aftershocks, why are they not being registered????

Aftershocks following the 6.4-magnitude earthquake that hit off the west coast of Vancouver Island around midday Friday, causing buildings to sway as far away as downtown Vancouver, are expected to continue for days. There were several dozen aftershocks after the 12:42 p.m. quake, the largest of which measured 4.9, said seismologist John Cassidy of Natural Resources Canada. Read more: www.theprovince.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Here they say its part of the Nootka Fault and is not connected with the expected mega quake.

This quake was on the Nootka fault and not on either of the two large plates, the Juan de Fuca and the Explorer, the subduction of which is expected to cause the Big One at any time. Read more:

Wiki on the fault.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
any one remember how the illuminati and the free masons love the number "11", 9/11 - we all know what that is, 3/11 was japan earthquake, 2/11 was egypt free from mubarak day, 7/11 is free slurpe day
, i also heard that the illuminati specificly love 9/11 as a date something to do with rituals

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I'm down in So Cal...will be watchful. This is strange and like you said all of us out here should be on alert due to the nature of this particular quake.

Thank you OP

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
No it's not. But what it does show is that there are still people panicing over nothing because they can';t think straight.
Every little 6.0 quake has people going nuts trying to be prophetic or pathetic.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Westcoast, did you see my post on the other thread? I predicted this quake (see my Facebook page for verification). I, too, have a Spidey-sense. I have predicted 4 out of 5 magnitude 7+ earthquakes. (My friends are buggin' on FB. Kinda funny.) This one had me stumped when it first happened because my "earthquake dizzies" only happen for the big ones. Then it hit me. Foreshock. I posted that on my Facebook page within a half-hour of this quake happening. I, too, have been glued to USGS. Then I come here and see your post. I respect your scientific mind. I hope we're both wrong.

A fellow west coaster.
Pam

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

EMSC www.emsc-csem.org...

They list mag 2 upwards for Europe and 4 upwards elsewhere usually.

Thank you for the reply. I will add this site to my links and will try to check in regularly. I really appreciate you doing that since you could have ignored me.

I see that someone else starred your post other than myself, so as you can see, there are several of us who are happy to have more data to look over.

Props for that buddy

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PamelaBritton2U

Westcoast, did you see my post on the other thread? I predicted this quake (see my Facebook page for verification). I, too, have a Spidey-sense. I have predicted 4 out of 5 magnitude 7+ earthquakes. (My friends are buggin' on FB. Kinda funny.) This one had me stumped when it first happened because my "earthquake dizzies" only happen for the big ones. Then it hit me. Foreshock. I posted that on my Facebook page within a half-hour of this quake happening. I, too, have been glued to USGS. Then I come here and see your post. I respect your scientific mind. I hope we're both wrong.

A fellow west coaster.
Pam

Weird you should mention earthquAke dizzies. I too am like 8/10 and my friend call me the prophet because of it. I always get a real nausea feeling in my stomach the day of or before a big earthquake. I've been queezy all day lol.

P.s I am NOT saying this is a scientific way of predicting earthquakes, just something I noticed. I figure if animals can sense them coming, why can't I? Lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join