It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the 6.4 quake (9/9/11) in Vancouver be a foreshock to a mega quake?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Could you give me a link to the Arkansas thread you mentioned?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
reply to post by Observor

Lean toward HAARP. Yes, now they are telling us that arora borialis(did I spell that right?) lights in the sky are normal every time we see a mega earthquake.

The correct spelling is 'aurora borealis', I think. What I know of it is that it is something that is seen way high up in latitudes. Never been that high up to have witnessed one. I watched in movies, though.

Although I personally never experienced a megaquake, know a few who experienced them around the tropics. None of them mentioned this phenomenon. May be it again has to do with being close to the magnetic poles even during an earthquake?

Anyway, did anyone spot such a phenomenon before/during/after the Vancouver quake?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Here's the thread westcoast made after tmiddlebrook appeared the first time: Link

The Arkansas thread is here
tmiddlebrook's first post (which is now removed) is on page 271. They've been back a few times after that.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Thanks! Going to check it out now.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The link to the Arkansas thread is in my signature, the original post in question which began a flurry of activity has been removed can be found here, that post has since been removed by mods.

WC started a follow up thread which can be found here, but has since been moved to the hoax bin by the mods.

However, much has come to light that suggests that this person is legitimate. Read throguh the second linked thread and you will get an idea of what is being discussed.

I sent you a u2u but since others may be interested I decided to make this post as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Have you ever used this website mate (link below) It's pretty spot on for Earth events.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Dear ATS Mods,
Could you please, every time there is an earthquake somewhere in the world, just auto-post a thread about it being the precursor to a much bigger event.
These threads are getting old and it would save the people who make them precious, precious time that they could be using to go out and stock up on emergency supplies, or move out of said ZOMG future gigantic disaster area. You would be doing them a great favor.
kthanks

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I live 45 miles south of Seattle and didn't feel the Vancouver quake yesterday. I really think that is odd.

I was in the 1992 Landers, CA 7.6 quake, literally near the epicenter. I knew the night before, we were going to have an earthquake. I was a young mother at the time and my husband and I bought a new TV just a month beforehand. Our bedroom was at the other end of the house, away from the kids rooms. I made a bed on the floor in the living room (never did that before that night) so I could be close to my kids rooms. I put pills down in front of the TV in case it fell. I had a small travel trailer I bought a month before that I stocked blankets, food and water inside. The dog was jumping on the back door (never happened before). Early the next morning it hit. It was like I was waiting for it. I jumped up, ran to the kids rooms and we all got in the door frame. The TV fell on the pillows and we ran out of the house. The noise was like a freight train. I was in shock and heard someone screaming and screaming, it was me. What a weird feeling to hear a scream and not know it's coming from you! Most of us didn't have electricity for days. All the stores were closed due to no power. However, I was one of the very few people in my circle who was prepared. That is a good feeling when something like this hits, to know you have taken precautions.
en.wikipedia.org...

In any event, I now live near Seattle, WA and I am a master of disaster preparedness! Everyone can do it. I highly recommend (if you live in a house or have someplace to store it) is to buy 55 gallon drums that previously had apple cider vinegar and use for water storage. Having just cases of water won't work. What about bathing and cooking?

Each time you go to the grocery store or Costco, buy something for your supplies. Buying a big bag of rice or beans is cheap! Make sure you have some way of cooking as well as fuel. Just make a list and do it slowly over days and weeks and before you know it, you are fully ready!

What was odd is last night, I was driving home on the freeway coming from downtown Seattle. From Renton to Auburn, after 8 pm there were hundreds and hundreds of birds flying in the air. It was like something spooked them. I immediately thought we were going to have an earthquake.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hey WC!!!!

Glad to see you back on again and I have enjoyed reading the thread. I too am aware of no aftershocks to the 6.4 from yesterday. I began to wonder and began reading about the Zone. Its craaazy we have not seen aftershocks by now...makes you really wonder.

I had a nightmare before I awoke this morning. Never remember my dreams much but I awoke to an 8.8 in Chile... as if I lived there.
It was wild. Anyway...we wait and pray! xoxox

Jenn

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Heres another Interactive Map showing quakes in the 5 years prior to the 6.6Mw using data off EQ Canada with reference to Gold River. 1131 of them
Obviously there were more outside that wedge I'll see if I can get them all on

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Dear ATS mods,

Every time a well documented (supported with links) thread appears, could you please create another thread for the ostriches to post their unfounded (no links offered) claims that there is nothing to be concerned or watchful about within, so that those of us who are calmly and rationally discussing a topic don't have to wade through several posts of dreck?

Most sincerely,
A concerned citizen

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
For those of you not familiar with the Quake Watch thread I normally provide a web page of mag 6+ events and a package of the images from the web page including the USGS PAGER PDF. I am posting the details here for those who do not visit the rather long Quake Watch thread

Data Package for Magnitude 6.4 Vancouver Island, Canada c0005rsj now available. (2.4 Mb download)

Web site images only and USGS PAGER PDF
Vancouver-Isl_6-4_c0005rsj.zip

If anyone would like a PDF copy just u2u me and I will create one for you.

View web page here

The package includes all the USGS shake maps, not just the one on the web page, plus the Canada details and the NOAA images.

@All: With regard to the aftershocks there ARE aftershocks so please refrain from saying there are not.

I have provided a sound file where you can here them and muzzy has mapped them, in addition to a seismologist from Canada speaking about them. Please remember that the USGS does not detail quakes under 4.5 outside the US (unless significant) and at least so far Canada is NOT part of the US. I have no doubt the Elite Illuminati are working on that one. The Canadian site may well be suffering from weekenditis as many of theses resources do. Ask muzzy about New Zealand.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandamack2
No..small quakes let off pressure so the big quakes dont happen

Don't you just love folks who come in and preach OLD OUTDATED scientific information, preaching it like it's the gospel? Yeah, me too!

You can prevent large earthquakes by making lots of small ones, or by "lubricating" the fault with water

FICTION: Seismologists have observed that for every magnitude 6 earthquake there are about 10 of magnitude 5, 100 of magnitude 4, 1,000 of magnitude 3, and so forth as the events get smaller and smaller. This sounds like a lot of small earthquakes, but there are never enough small ones to eliminate the occasional large event. It would take 32 magnitude 5's, 1000 magnitude 4's, and 32,000 magnitude 3's to equal the energy of one magnitude 6 event. So, even though we always record many more small events than large ones, there are far too few to eliminate the need for the occasional large earthquake. As for "lubricating" faults with water or some other substance, if anything, this would have the opposite effect. Injecting high- pressure fluids deep into the ground is known to be able to trigger earthquakes—to cause them to occur sooner than would have been the case without the injection. This would be a dangerous pursuit in any populated area, as one might trigger a damaging earthquake.

Source - USGS - Earthquake Facts & Earthquake Fantasy

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayeddc310t
Dear ATS Mods,
Could you please, every time there is an earthquake somewhere in the world, just auto-post a thread about it being the precursor to a much bigger event.
These threads are getting old and it would save the people who make them precious, precious time that they could be using to go out and stock up on emergency supplies, or move out of said ZOMG future gigantic disaster area. You would be doing them a great favor.
kthanks

Why restrict it to earthquakes? Why not any event that happens?

Oops. I just realised this is a discussion forum, for members to raise and discuss topics that interest them and not a news/advice service. I also noticed that I can actually ignore threads that don't interest me. Wow! What a relief!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
it's not quite that easy. you have to look back over the history of earthquakes in that area for the last 20 years. it could well be that earthquakes are quite common in that area, but one newscast about one earthquake in that area really tells you nothing.

other than there was an earthquake.
edit on 10-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

You should edit your original post. There have been aftershocks, just because you can't feel them doesn't mean they aren't there. And the strength and likelihood of aftershocks significantly decreases with time (see Gutenberg-Richter and Omori's law).
So the chances of this being a fore-shock to something bigger are slim. I'm not a professional geologist, but my wife is. She hasn't looked into this much, but just from the information you provided she said nothing to see here, move along.
I agree with you, though, that it would suck if your prediction were correct because we just moved to CA!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayeddc310t
reply to post by westcoast

You should edit your original post. There have been aftershocks, just because you can't feel them doesn't mean they aren't there. And the strength and likelihood of aftershocks significantly decreases with time (see Gutenberg-Richter and Omori's law).
So the chances of this being a fore-shock to something bigger are slim. I'm not a professional geologist, but my wife is. She hasn't looked into this much, but just from the information you provided she said nothing to see here, move along.
I agree with you, though, that it would suck if your prediction were correct because we just moved to CA!

i'm agreeing with your wife on this one. i haven't looked at the geological history of this area as of this writing, but it would seem to be not worth looking at.

it's almost like writing a screaming headling "Earthquake in California!!!" when the reality is they happen all the time in California.

i'd get excited when someone wrote the screaming headline "No Earthquakes in California in over a month!!!" when i see that headline, then i'll start getting scared.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

"i'd get excited when someone wrote the screaming headline "No Earthquakes in California in over a month!!!" when i see that headline, then i'll start getting scared."

i lol'd

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
According to that kook Dr Richard Boylan, there is supposed to be a 10.0 mega quake today.
But he has it occurring on the east coast in the area of the quake on 8/23/11 in Virginia. Mega quake
Don't worry because he always has to post a new blog to explain why the things he predicts do no come true. The Aliens changed their minds or the Cable ( thats what he calls tptb ) changed their minds or the aliens intercepted the cables tesla waves and yada yada yada. Some day through good research we may be able to predict when an EQ is going to occurr. Right now all we have are instincts. If you live in an area that is vulnerable you already know it and are probably prepared. Be safe BC, from the sunny shores of...you guessed it. Virginia!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by upgrayeddc310t

Do your research before throwing out the baby with the bathwater. WC is anything but an uninformed fear monger - she is one of the best resources for seismic knowledge on the site. All warnings are not fear mongering.

Thank you WC for your continued contributions.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join