It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Power Outage Hits Southwest US - Post Updates Here

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwwMyHead

Originally posted by lkpuede

KOGO Stream

Live press conference with power company representative going on now...

what you are witnessing is a bunch of bs in full swing.

there are a bunch of us who ACTUALLY LIVE DOWN HERE and are telling you there is no "massive power outage sweeping the Southwest US".

but you wanna believe that bs they are telling you on MSM, who happen to be somewhere up north.

well you all get exactly what the hell you deserve. when somebody tells you something BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY LIVE IN THE AREA, but you disregard it because some talking head on MSN or CNN or whoever tells you otherwise? then you get what you deserve.

you don't need to know anything. continue following your fairytails and your Galactic Federation Of Light horsefeathers.

there are actually some of us who know better.

oh and before you even ask...what is a horsefeather?

well, you ever seen a horsefeather?
edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

Apparently you cannot or did not read my earlier post stating that my father lives in San Diego which last time I checked was in the Southwestern US and there is nothing on there....all power out for everyone not running a generator.

well sir i probably didnt see it and for that i offer you my sincere apology.

i am only speaking to the OP, who said in a sensationalist type of way, that is a "massive power outage sweeping the Southwest US", which is simply not true.

we are in this site trying to understand things that generally go unseen, then a person like the OP comes along flatout misrepenting what the truth is. i have no patience for him and his ilk.

never have and never will.

I guess if it is not affecting your part of the Southwestern US then all is false....very narrow minded and troll-like of you.

edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: sorry im typing on a tablet but my apology to you appears up in you original comments.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

Might have something to do with the shutting down of all these Coal Power Plants by Lord Obama and his NWO buddies.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

One electrical worker messes up in Arizona - which then affects millions in 2 states and the country of Mexico? I agree- it doesn't add up.

Here is the link on ABC News

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Correction: power is coming up in different places all over Southern California. By tomorrow all of SoCal should have power.

And what was explained on emergency broadcast was that some procedure happened in Arizona that messed everything up.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
~

It takes roughly 3 days for a sun flare to reach earth.
check the time and dates :
Monday

Wed.

large, although not the biggest on record like
the one in 2003 :

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I blame Google

260 million watts

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Cause,Might be the sun?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

Apology accepted.

I think what we are all most interested in though is not the potentially sensational topic but the root cause of a rather large power outage. The timing is too convenient with both 9/11 coming up as well as President Obama's speech about our old and ailing infrastructure...

Just saw your other post, yes it could have been just some guy screwing up...but still suspicious of the timing myself....
edit on 8-9-2011 by OwwMyHead because: Revised due to another post after I posted this

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
so this might be why MSN Hotmail and Windows Live is down? I just made a thread about that, but it was closed. Due to other threads of same people were making unbeknownst to me. All put in the Computer Help forum. I wrongly put mine in technology, at first.

I'm glad ATS isn't down. (Yet!)

Just watch this evil government say, "See we told you Al Qaeda was up to something!" Ya know, for the 10 year anniversery. Those are always special.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

reply to post by lkpuede

Apology accepted.

I think what we are all most interested in though is not the potentially sensational topic but the root cause of a rather large power outage. The timing is too convenient with both 9/11 coming up as well as President Obama's speech about our old and ailing infrastructure...

Just saw your other post, yes it could have been just some guy screwing up...but still suspicious of the timing myself....
edit on 8-9-2011 by OwwMyHead because: Revised due to another post after I posted this

oh brother. you have no idea the shyte that goes on out here out west. if somebody in west texas sneezes wrong, east new mexico will suffer. if east california acts crazy, west arizona will suffer. just a normal day in wild wild west.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

This thread is being closely monitored for violations as of now. Insults and censor circumvention will stop.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oh no people missed the Obama speech
tonight because of the power outage!

OH the travesty!!
edit on 9-9-2011 by popsmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
my internet also has been acting up today a lot worse than usual i wonder anything contributed with this just odd massive power outage affected so many people

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm not out in the West, were they still having searing relentless heat? It's been Fall-like where I am, and I mostly have been using no Air Conditioning or heat. Last night, I gave in and turned on some heat.
So a sun blast could be responsible for the grid failure?
I wonder if the explosions in Kansas City are related to it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Just wanted to add to this post, not sure if it has anything to do with what's going on in the SW, but here in Tinley Park, IL my power just went out for 5 or so minutes and came back on.... If it goes out for good ill let you guys know...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Detroits problems are due to an antiquated system. Detroit has its own power company call PLC (Public Lighting) they control the power to schools, Public buildings, Police stations, and street lights, etc.

Here is there web site: www.detroitmi.gov...

The system is old, and they struggle just to keep it running, in other words its just a normal day here.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

I just found a report that says power is out in places in Mexico too. Is this true. Can any of you find out for sure? As far as I know our power grids aren't connected at all. Definitely has solar flare written all over it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Very true. My neighbor and I first hung out during a week-long power outage after Wilma in S. FL in 2005. We had lived next to each other for 6 years at that point and never spoke. We are best friends now.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorsebeacon

No way! It's massive, then. OMG....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join