It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Massive Power Outage Hits Southwest US - Post Updates Here

page: 8
72
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
here is another link to the story massive power outage www.nbclosangeles.com... so stop bitching about the subject title




posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Still defending the op- but the mainstream news is reporting it as "MASSIVE too"

and my point was, if it was a sun server that failed, that's no excuse and tells us ZILCH other than it was something electronic- it was STILL some failure of redundancy that should have been there, or it was sabatoged, or both. Tells us very little really.

No critical system should ever be dependent on any one machine, or component..


No redundancy or decent failsafe,
failure of redundancy that should have been there

it was,,,,,until the IT GUY got laid off,, or was ignored,,for the hundred time,, change both power supplies at the same time !,, but u know how it goes from there,,..,,,ya but one is ok,, right,,,,
nevermind.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede

Originally posted by buskey

Originally posted by lkpuede

Originally posted by PlantGirl
reply to post by hadriana
 


WHAT?!?!?!

Just WHAT are you trying to say? I'm not blasting you here, just trying to understand your comment.

Could you please elaborate?

Thanks a bunch!


lol...i don't know what you are talking about, but if you are talking about what the OP is talking about, he's/she's blowing the whole thing way out of proportion.

he/she obviously, OBVIOUSLY doesn't know any dayum think about what life is like down here.

it wouldn't even qualify as news if it wasn't a slow news night. San Diego is always having electical problems. so is Arizona. not to mention the fact that most of the area he/she is talking about is desert. dry, unoccupied desert.

so how he/she decided it was a "massive" power outage "across the Southwest" is beyond me. I live in the southwest. it didn't even make the news. and, as you can tell, i'm typing on a computer, which needs energy to operate. and i dont have a generator going, either.

case closed. another case of Nothing trying hard to be Something.


Wow, you really are full of yourself aren't you? I did not say it was 'massive', the NEWS HEADLINE I read then and linked to in my OP did.

Also, I do know what life is like there, I used to live in SD which is how I knew and posted it before anyone else.

I would not call 1.4 million people without power in SEVERAL states a 'case of nothing'.

Do you really have nothing better to do than go around trying to be contrary just for the heck of it?

Some people......


yea i am full of myself. and since i live in the southwest, i might have heard about a "massive" power outage.

i know that's waaaayyyyy too logical. but since i live down here, i might have heard about it.

but i didn't.

soooo....maybe it's not as "massive" as it's being portayed as. but you can fall for that if you like.

it's kind of like a fool and his money...


Wow, you really need help, not even worth replying to. Trying to derail a minor news event discussion to keep your mind off your pathetic life perhaps? Go back to watching 'Dancing With The Stars' or something.

Good day.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

Originally posted by lkpuede
San Diego is always having electical problems. so is Arizona. not to mention the fact that most of the area he/she is talking about is desert. dry, unoccupied desert.

Dry unoccupied desert? You're kidding right?



it didn't even make the news. and, as you can tell, i'm typing on a computer, which needs energy to operate. and i dont have a generator going, either.


Front page of CNN, I think, can be considered "making the news".

Power outages reported in southern California, Arizona, Mexico


case closed. another case of Nothing trying hard to be Something.


May I suggest taking a few deep breaths and an hour or two away from the computer? You might feel better.
edit on 8-9-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)


not as good as i'm gonna feel when i tell you to take you a good look at a map.

it is dry. empty. desert.

oh..."massive" dry empty desert. maybe the coyotes are pissed they can't read ATS tonight. lol



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It should be getting dark on the
west coast soon, hope everyone
has their supplies and is in a
safe place for the night.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
When someone tries so hard to derail a thread, it just sucks the life out of it. IT can kill a thread in a heartbeat. A thread where there is conversation that maybe people want to have.

I think that is why people do it. It's going in a direction they don't like...or something. Trying to figure it out is what sucks ME dry.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Cool! Now they have taken down msn.Whats next???



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982
 


Yea what next is right -
just tired and got nothing
on msn



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede
 


Not sure where this is all coming from but last time I checked most if not all of San Diego was out of power and San Diego does not qualify as 'empty'. Listening to the news in your area means nothing these days as news tends to be very localized with no concerns about whats happening to another city unless its part of the current round of sensationalism such as the hurricanes.

I live in Texas and did not hear anything about the outage but I called my father and he confirmed that all is dark and the local radio station KOGO is up on emergency power broadcasting information about the outage as they are a local emergency information station.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
All has been good all day in my part if orange county...although effing hot.
some cell phone and internet interuptions though. A few friends had reported now power tho...and traffic has been nuts.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982
 


I can get msnbc



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
as the earth raises vibrations the entire grid is gonna go. earth is going from 3rd dimension to the 5th dimension. the scientist and people that know aren't telling us this. electricity does not exist in the higher dimensions. prepare because this is only the beginning of what will be a bumpy ride for humanity but we will be ok!!!!



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think it's fair to say that we all now appreciate the merits of both arguments in regards to how massive or newsworthy these events are. There is no point in continuing to go back and forth on that subject to the detriment of discussion of the facts. It is also not appropriate to question eachother's motives and accuse eachother of fearmongering in these discussion threads. Let's try to keep the discussion substantive and civil please.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by kdog1982
 


I can get msnbc


I just thought it was weird cause MSN was showing up to date twitters on the situation.

But,thanks crazydaisy,I can get it on msnbc also.
Here is the link.
www.breakingnews.com...
edit on 8-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by buskey

Originally posted by lkpuede

Originally posted by buskey

Originally posted by lkpuede

Originally posted by PlantGirl
reply to post by hadriana
 


WHAT?!?!?!

Just WHAT are you trying to say? I'm not blasting you here, just trying to understand your comment.

Could you please elaborate?

Thanks a bunch!


lol...i don't know what you are talking about, but if you are talking about what the OP is talking about, he's/she's blowing the whole thing way out of proportion.

he/she obviously, OBVIOUSLY doesn't know any dayum think about what life is like down here.

it wouldn't even qualify as news if it wasn't a slow news night. San Diego is always having electical problems. so is Arizona. not to mention the fact that most of the area he/she is talking about is desert. dry, unoccupied desert.

so how he/she decided it was a "massive" power outage "across the Southwest" is beyond me. I live in the southwest. it didn't even make the news. and, as you can tell, i'm typing on a computer, which needs energy to operate. and i dont have a generator going, either.

case closed. another case of Nothing trying hard to be Something.


Wow, you really are full of yourself aren't you? I did not say it was 'massive', the NEWS HEADLINE I read then and linked to in my OP did.

Also, I do know what life is like there, I used to live in SD which is how I knew and posted it before anyone else.

I would not call 1.4 million people without power in SEVERAL states a 'case of nothing'.

Do you really have nothing better to do than go around trying to be contrary just for the heck of it?

Some people......


yea i am full of myself. and since i live in the southwest, i might have heard about a "massive" power outage.

i know that's waaaayyyyy too logical. but since i live down here, i might have heard about it.

but i didn't.

soooo....maybe it's not as "massive" as it's being portayed as. but you can fall for that if you like.

it's kind of like a fool and his money...


Wow, you really need help, not even worth replying to. Trying to derail a minor news event discussion to keep your mind off your pathetic life perhaps? Go back to watching 'Dancing With The Stars' or something.

Good day.


well if it's not worth replying to....

...why did you reply?


DoH!
edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by buskey
 

I'm about 250 miles NE of Yuma. No problems up here.

Here's a link to some helpful info. that might help pinpoint the problem:


en.wikipedia.org...

According to the article, Yuma to San Diego is on Path 46, and this includes many tranformers, the Palo Vede Nuclear Plant and the Hoover Dam.

It could be any of these, a combination of all, or something else entirely.

I have to say though, this is a bad time of the year for the power to go out down there.



Perhaps Nellis AFB and Area 51 are requiring additional power.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by kdog1982
 


I can get msnbc


I just thought it was weird cause MSN was showing up to date twitters on the situation.


i really must say you guys are really a bunch of hypocryites (sorry, i don't know how to spell it but you get the idea).

one minute you are saying "oh the main stream media is a bunch of lying byotches!"

the next minute you are taking what they say as if it came from the Mouth of God.

I'm am telling you I live in Albuquerque NM, which is in the Southwest US. There is no Massive Power Outage Sweeping The Southwest US.

but you wont beleive me...you believe the Main Stream Media.

Tomorrow the MSM will say something you don't like and then they'll be byotches again.

you all get what you deserve.
edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I wonder if this guy is going to have a job tomorrow.


The outage appears to be related to a procedure an APS employee was carrying out in the North Gila substation, which is located northeast of Yuma. Operating and protection protocols typically would have isolated the resulting outage to the Yuma area. The reason that did not occur in this case will be the focal point of the investigation into the event, which already is under way.


www.aps.com...



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Several different localities seemed to have claimed responsibility for starting a cascading failure in some mundane way, even though it was previously reported that everything went down simultaneously. I'm still curious what the final answer is going to be, and whether or not it will seem credible.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982
 


Yea, wouldn't want to be that employee.
I would think they would have a safety protocol
in place to avoid having this happen.




top topics



 
72
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join