It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Power Outage Hits Southwest US - Post Updates Here

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by kdog1982

I can get msnbc

I just thought it was weird cause MSN was showing up to date twitters on the situation.

i really must say you guys are really a bunch of hypocites.

one minute you are saying "oh the main stream media is a bunch of lying byotches!"

the next minute you are taking what they say as if it came from the Mouth of God.

I'm am telling you I live in Albuquerque NM, which is in the Southwest US. There is no Massive Power Outage Sweeping The Southwest US.

but you wont beleive me...you believe the Main Stream Media.

Tomorrow the MSM will say something you don't like and then they'll be byotches again.

you all get what you deserve.

Little harsh,don't you think.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
KOGO Stream

Live press conference with power company representative going on now...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I live 25 miles north of Detroit.
I have heard nothing about a power outage anywhere in this area.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Eeps! I may have been mistaken!

I thought those were all cars, so I grabbed a little more footage...then wondered where all those jack-rabbits got flashlights.

so I zoomed in on a frame...

My bad..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwwMyHead
KOGO Stream

what you are witnessing is a bunch of bs in full swing.

there are a bunch of us who ACTUALLY LIVE DOWN HERE and are telling you there is no "massive power outage sweeping the Southwest US".

but you wanna believe that bs they are telling you on MSM, who happen to be somewhere up north.

well you all get exactly what the hell you deserve. when somebody tells you something BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY LIVE IN THE AREA, but you disregard it because some talking head on MSN or CNN or whoever tells you otherwise? then you get what you deserve.

you don't need to know anything. continue following your fairytails and your Galactic Federation Of Light horsefeathers.

there are actually some of us who know better.

oh and before you even ask...what is a horsefeather?

well, you ever seen a horsefeather?
edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede

Originally posted by OwwMyHead
KOGO Stream

what you are witnessing is a bunch of bs in full swing.

there are a bunch of us who ACTUALLY LIVE DOWN HERE and are telling you there is no "massive power outage sweeping the Southwest US".

but you wanna believe that bs they are telling you on MSM, who happen to be somewhere up north.

well you all get exactly what the hell you deserve. when somebody tells you something BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY LIVE IN THE AREA, but you disregard it because some talking head on MSN or CNN or whoever tells you otherwise? then you get what you deserve.

you don't need to know anything. continue following your fairytails and your Galactic Federation Of Light horsefeathers.

there are actually some of us who know better.

oh and before you even ask...what is a horsefeather?

well, you ever seen a horsefeather?
edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

Apparently you cannot or did not read my earlier post stating that my father lives in San Diego which last time I checked was in the Southwestern US and there is nothing on there....all power out for everyone not running a generator.

I guess if it is not affecting your part of the Southwestern US then all is false....very narrow minded and troll-like of you.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
~

Some how I won't be surprised if they
blame Canada for this, or Iran.

california life webcam directory,
cams
still looking for a live shot of . . .
Coachella & Salton Sea power plant explosions. Unconfirmed on KOGO 600 AM

edit on 8/9/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
how timely ain't our county power-trippin,

eh?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

Are you kidding me? 1.4 million people without power is considered a massive outage. Stop debating this fact.

I just spoke to a few people who live down in San Diego and they said that people are going crazy down there- just before it got dark my friend said that there was a massive rush of people going to grocery stores to get food and supplies. Not sure if this is relevant, but one of the friends I spoke to is staying with her sister in San Diego and last night she woke up to the sound of a massive fleet of helicopters flying overhead- which they said was extremely unusual. They live between Camp Pendleton and the San Diego Naval Base.

Edit: Actually- the number is likely more than 1.4 million without power. That figure came from San Diego Gas & Electric. The outage also affected Arizona and Mexico so it is likely that a lot more people were affected by this power outage.
edit on 8-9-2011 by missanthropic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Detroit reporting: We had storm outages from the Labor Day Weekend storms. Thats all....cheez. No comspiracy or HAARP

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
KGO said around 7 million - that tiaunna had a ton of people too. I don't know how to spell it.
It's coming back on in places.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

Have you checked you messages,cause I suspect you have been reprimanded.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Power is back at least in oceanside.

That was a fun five hours.
ETA: all power in socal is back on. At least from what I understand.
edit on 9/8/11 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Latest figures from a quick google search show that 5 million people were affected by this power outage - South Orange County and San Diego County in California, Arizona and Tijuana in Mexico.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So a single employee removed a key piece of equipment caused this massive power outage? Something not adding up here

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Is that the statement they are giving? Give me a break. If they had kept with it shorting out due to heat, I'd probably believe that. But that an employee removed a key piece? No, sir.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Maybe solar flare related.

I may have my tinfoil hat on too tightly, but I hope they didn't kill power in order to sneak something in for the 9-11 weekend.....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
yeah thats what my local news just said something aint right

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join