It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto's GM Sweet Corn Coming to America's Dinner Plates

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

eatdrinkbetter.com

Americans are eating GM sweet corn and will likely eat more with Monsanto’s first GM vegetable. But without GM food labeling no one will know.

It’s one of America’s summer pleasures: sweet corn dripping with butter. And though most Americans aren’t aware, a small percentage of that sweet corn is genetically modified—and more will be coming courtesy of Monsanto.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
af.reuters.com
www.biolsci.org
www.panna.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Toxin from GM crops found in human blood
Toxic pesticides from GM food crops found in unborn babies
GM Corn Insecticide 'Polluting Rivers Across The United States'

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Monsanto's latest "crime against humanity", its new "sweet" corn seed will be
sold unbranded and unlabeled to farmers and grown for human consumption this fall.

Triiple bad, this "triple-stack" corn has been genetically
altered to tolerate treatment of Monsanto's Roundup herbicide, bacterial toxin
(Bacillus thurengiensis, or Bt) that is supposed to kill pests, yet is an epic fail.

Remember, Roundup has been in the news for its association with birth defects , and also dont forget the engineered Bt toxin is turning up in umbilical cordblood, and our waters and streams!

This then, in turn will pollute even more toxins into the streams, rivers and lakes,
as the insecticides from the GMO corn wash into the water supply!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f72652d2df72.jpg[/atsimg]
www.sl-webs.com...

eatdrinkbetter.com
edit on 8-9-2011 by burntheships because: format

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I was looking at a package of frozen corn in the grocer's today and wondering if it were real corn, or GM corn.....now it appears that my concerns are well-founded.
And, I would imagine frozen and canned corn have an almost better chance of being GM since agro-business will be on board with Monsanto's seeds.

Ah, well, looks like the days of corn in our household are numbered

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yay! Thank you Monsanto! I was beginning to feel that my diet was lacking insecticides.

This is getting ridiculous. If you're going to produce GM seeds that contain a bacteria that makes the stomachs of insects explode, why the hell isn't it going to be labeled? I don't understand why this is allowed to be completely unlabeled and unbranded. My cigarettes have to say they contain carbon monoxide, so why doesn't my corn have to say "contains pesticides"?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
NOOOO!!!! Noone eat corn!
What is this world coming to..
genetically modified corn?
why corn?
WHY US?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It will be Ripped out of the Ground here in N.J. if it ever is Planted . POISON to the Enviorment is what it is , Plain and Simple.........

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

eatdrinkbetter.com

Americans are eating GM sweet corn and will likely eat more with Monsanto’s first GM vegetable. But without GM food labeling no one will know.

It’s one of America’s summer pleasures: sweet corn dripping with butter. And though most Americans aren’t aware, a small percentage of that sweet corn is genetically modified—and more will be coming courtesy of Monsanto.

Related News Links:
af.reuters.com
www.biolsci.org
www.panna.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Toxin from GM crops found in human blood
Toxic pesticides from GM food crops found in unborn babies
GM Corn Insecticide 'Polluting Rivers Across The United States'

eh bien, bon appétit chers petits américains !!
mangez bien, mangez beaucoup, j'espère que votre appétit pour cette merde ne vous sera pas fatal !!
have a good meal up there !! want some more sh*t ?? some more taste ?
keep going frankenfood citizens ! be happy, the night of the living death is coming ..... pitty pitty world.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Ah, well, looks like the days of corn in our household are numbered

Now if we could just number Monsanto's days shorter.

Bad, bad Monsanto. Go to the dog house.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thanks a lot guys!

I'd like to add this, it was posted in an older thread about monsanto. I refuse to capitalize the first letter of their name. Anyway this shows just what an ineffective fraud this GM garbage is, and why farmer's can't just try GMOs then switch back....it contaminates the soil and kills natural crops. Not to mention pollen gets in the air and contaminates nearby farms, it is getting out of control but NOBODY CARES.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
the problem with this country is, that with enough money involved you can actually buy lawmaking at some point to make even more money, and some companies are very experienced in doing this.

And its these companies who are a thread, not the government.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Once I did think americans where proud to be in control of everything ......
it seems not to be the case any more,
they do not control anything any longer ..
not the food , not the world, nothing ....
just killing themselves and the world with their poisonous ideas and poison food ....
not the people's choice, just corporations not in control any more and selling SNIP for being good food ....
poor USA
once a powerfull nation, a exemple for the world, now just a gangster greed $$$$ *SNIP* nation ....
just because of the power of neo-con neo-capitalist economics ....
just stop those foolish economics, save yourself, save the world !! be more human, less greedy ...
edit on 8-9-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

Mod-Note: Profanity and Censor Circumvention
edit on 8-9-2011 by Skyfloating because: Censor Circumvention Removed

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
*snip*

Why can't they just leave our food alone!

And to not label it?

Okay, sorry, I feel better (not really)...I just have to keep reminding myself - karma is a bitch.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: circumventing automatic censors

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I was looking at a package of frozen corn in the grocer's today and wondering if it were real corn, or GM corn.....now it appears that my concerns are well-founded.

Yes, as I wandered the isles this summer in the produce section, I was wary of the corn.
Sad days indeed, as corn is in nearly everything!

I have tried this summer to support my local farmers market, finding some great non GMO corn,
and it was so incredible, delicious!

Why why do they have to mess up the world like this!

edit on 8-9-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I haven't eaten corn in more than two years, unless labelled organic, because I thought GMO corn comprised at least 80% of US corn supply. According to this, it doesn't?

And I thought the rootworm beetle had built up a resistance to this corn?
Here's the news I posted a few weeks back about the beetles and the corn

Maybe I'll just stay on my no-corn plan. But I'm mad if I could've been eating Doritos this whole time.

...and burntheships: your new avatar made me snarf my espresso...bloody brilliant.
edit on 9/8/2011 by chasingbrahman because: had meant to mention the new avatar

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I was wary of the corn. Sad days indeed, as corn is in nearly everything!

Between corn and soybeans, it is extremely difficult to find anything without GMOs on the ingredients list. Bread! For crying out loud, try to find a loaf of bread without high fructose corn syrup and/or GM soybean oil.

I have tried this summer to support my local farmers market, finding some great non GMO corn, and it was so incredible, delicious!

Same here. Not so much with corn, but it's unreal how much difference there is between grocery store tomatoes and heirloom tomatoes from the garden.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

I haven't eaten corn in more than two years, unless labelled organic, because I thought GMO corn comprised at least 80% of US corn supply. According to this, it doesn't?

In the rueters article (another name I won't capitalize) it makes it sound like monsanto has separate divisions for sweet corn and field corn. I think their field corn has been GM for some time.
edit on 8-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSnowman
I don't understand why this is allowed to be completely unlabeled and unbranded. My cigarettes have to say they contain carbon monoxide, so why doesn't my corn have to say "contains pesticides"?

Its a complete double standard, isnt it! Yes! It infuriates me to no end, well we know the answer,
however it bears repeating...

Under the guise of protecting Americans from food-borne illnesses, Congress has passed the S510 Food Safety Act, granting unlimited power to the FDA to oversee the processing of food from farm to table....

The farmer representatives will no doubt include Monsanto, the biotech company standing behind the bill that stands to benefit from it the most. The FDA is intimately linked with Monsanto –

In Sunday Evening Suprise, Senate Unanimously Passes Food Safety Bill

dailycaller.com
www.nytimes.com

Monsanto is in bed with the USDA. And a dirty bed it is!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Go for it!

Originally posted by The GUT

Now if we could just number Monsanto's days shorter.

Yes, it seems they have no problem numbering OUR days shorter with thier Frankencrops!
edit on 8-9-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie

Bread! For crying out loud, try to find a loaf of bread without high fructose corn syrup and/or GM soybean oil.

I don't know if it is available in your area, but Aunt Millie's breads have no HFCS.
www.auntmillies.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There is almost no way to avoid GMO anymore unless you're willing to spend more at a whole foods.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join