It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto's GM Sweet Corn Coming to America's Dinner Plates

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

And there ain't nothing you can do about it! Bwa ha ha!

Then again, the mega-farms like Monsanto have pushed their GOP cronies to promote a "jobs bill" that hands farms free reign to pollute as they like:

(1) H.R. 872: Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act of 2011
To amend the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act and the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to clarify Congressional intent regarding the regulation of the use of pesticides in or near navigable waters, and for other purposes.

So let's let Monsanto dump their "Weed-B-Gone" in our rivers and lakes and enjoy some fine frankencorn on the cob! Maybe the effects of one will cancel out the other.....
edit on 8-9-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Man our plate of things to protest about are so full we need another plate! I was gonna say grow your own and support your local farmers/market, even freeze some good corn for the rest of the year, but as mentioned, the pesticides and fertilizers used in such huge amounts and over vast lands and into the water is just horrible!

We are so strapped with work, chores, family and what used to be any R&R, that we can't effectively protest. Maybe the peeps and farmers could organize a Washington march? Does that suggestion make me a "T" word?

edit on 8-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie
reply to post by burntheships

I was wary of the corn. Sad days indeed, as corn is in nearly everything!

Between corn and soybeans, it is extremely difficult to find anything without GMOs on the ingredients list. Bread! For crying out loud, try to find a loaf of bread without high fructose corn syrup and/or GM soybean oil.

Yes, its even in bread in the form of GMO soy oil, or cottonseed oil, corn syrup, and
canola oil.

Just think about how many breakfast cereals are made with corn!
And think about all of the breakfast cereal children eat! Its not fair at all to
the children! And to think that the USDA claims to be for our benefit.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ok, let me help some here about how to spot GM crops,

While fresh products do not tell in any lable that they are GM the way to recognized them is by the PLU code.

How to Recognize GM Produce in the Supermarket

Produce that has been conventionally grown consists of 4 numbers and organically grown produce has 5 numbers prefaced with the number 9. The PLU code on produce that has been genetically modified also has five numbers but the number is prefaced with the number 8.

anovelspot.wordpress.com...

Just because it doesn't say GMO it doesn't mean you can not spot them. My state is big on organic farms.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Very nice, I will watch for that.

Just think about how many breakfast cereals are made with corn! And think about all of the breakfast cereal children eat!

Children? I ate cereal for 3 meals a day until a couple years ago. I still miss it a little.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Call your senator and tell him that you want your food labeled including gmo vege's, gmo meat and cloned meat needs be labeled. it is sad that they passed bill's already alowing them to do so. Still call and grown your own food in the mean time.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
GMOs are on anything else that is manufactured, frozen or else that doesn't have the CERTIFIED ORGANIC label on it.

So made sure that if you want to avoid GMOs in your manufactured food you will have to make a commitment to avoid a lot of your favorite foods.

It took me a few years to get used to this and now I am able to grace the local grocery stores without falling for any of the prepackaged items. I also avoid anything that has corn syrup, high fructose or corn sugar in it.

Even certain baby foods have GMOs. So beware.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Monsanto's GM Sweet Corn Coming to America's Dinner Plates

Ok, AT LEAST if we are going to get genetically modified corn, make it taste really good so my kids will eat it. My kids will not eat the natural corn for some strange reason. I know genetically modified is not a part of the natural food chain, but if your going to do it anyway, work on the taste.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Couldn't you just stop trying to make them eat corn?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thats why the worlds plates are going to be wiped clean very very soon. Yes, this can't be done with complete accuracy but its a sacrifice that will be well worth it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Corn now has less then 1/5 of the protein it had 50 years ago.
It now has 4 times the sugars it had 50 years ago.

Why because it can be used to make large amounts of high fructose corn syrup.
In many cases they can remove part of the High fructose corn syrup and still make products from the leftovers increasing Monsanto's profits.(the farmers get very little of the increased profits because Monsanto has 100% control of the market.)
These sugars can also increase the amounts of ethanol that can be made from corn.
many small farmers don't grow GM corn its mostly grown by mega corporation farms like Archer Daniels Midland Company. and because ADM has bought up failed family farms they have a patch work of there GM crops spread through the farm areas and cross contaminate the non GM farmers crops.

The lawsuits from this cross contamination causes farmers not growing GM corn money and in some cases the loss of there farms to the Archer Daniels Midland Company that cross contaminated there farm in the first place.
edit on 10-9-2011 by ANNED because: 666

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Exactly, it sounds a little too convenient. Eminent domain in disguise.

Actually idk if that's eminent domain but you know what I mean
edit on 9-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
If anybody lives near a TRADER JOE'S they have pledged not to use GMO products in any of their store brand foods. Not name dropping, just saying because that is where I go to make sure I'm getting my NON GMO foods.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Just a suggestion, I am not sure all Whole Foods have local Farmers Markets once a week,
however the one in my area does. I visit that and support the local farmers and skip Whole Foods.

Its a lot less expensive, and the quality is the same, if not better!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TMJ1972
the problem with this country is, that with enough money involved you can actually buy lawmaking at some point to make even more money, and some companies are very experienced in doing this.

And its these companies who are a thread, not the government.

If the Government is essentially cooperating with Monsanto to perform these dirty deeds,
then yes I will blame the Government.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

And I thought the rootworm beetle had built up a resistance to this corn?
Here's the news I posted a few weeks back about the beetles and the corn

Yes, it has indeed built up a resistance, its an epic fail! By the way, great thread I starred and flagged it
a few weeks ago! Its not nice to fool mother nature. And I dont think its possible without staggering
ramifications.

Look at the crop failures of the Bt Cotton, another epic fail. I guess the execs at Monsanto
have fun wearing suits and jetting about, thats all they have. No integrity, no honor.
That belongs to the Farmers who fight them day and night!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The same corn that kills insects and hurts pigs and livestock that eat it, right? Can't wait. New World Order truly are the scum of the planet.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So what? People may ask...

GMO's cause sterility. I.E. they are getting rid of the peons, and laughing as we kill ourselves off.

Type "GMO Sterility" in any search engine and you will find page after page of information.

"But if they kill us off they won't make any profit"... they don't care. They have more money than they will ever need. These are eugenicists. GMO's serve a two pronged purpose: Control of all land/food supply and depopulation.

I know the mind of 99.9% of those that read this will slam shut. But I challenge you, in that brief window before you go on, to look it up. I could post tons of links (and have) but until you look for yourself you won't believe.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

you do realize gm corn has been growing in nj for over 10 years or more
i drove by 6 fields of it in the last week

it may not be for human consumption,,,but either way

if you see little red,white signs with a series of numbers on the outside of field, usually by the road,,,,,,,,it's gm,,,,,,,,, there's a rukle/law that it must be labeled

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Whats really odd about that snippet you posted, the terms navigable waters...
Me thinks I see snakes in the grass.

Clean Water Act Jurisdiction!
This dramatically expands the authority of the EPA and the Army Corps of Engineers (Corps)
under the Clean Water Act.

That is to now covers any stream, ditch and pond and puddle, along with every lake, river, and reservoir!
And even on to dry land as it corresponds to the water!

The Environmental Protection Agency on April 27 released proposed new guidelines for determining whether a waterway, water body or wetland is protected under the Clean Water Act. Water bodies would be covered "if they have a physical, chemical or biological connection" to a larger body of water, the EPA said.
The guidance will apply to all Clean Water Act programs, EPA said www.naylornetwork.com...

And, we should not really be suprised that U.S.D.A. Secretary Tom Vilsack would attempt to
sneak this document through its review process given the devastating impact
it will have on America’s farmers and ranchers, and citizens
!

This is the Tom Vilsack that just greenlighted MONSANTOS GMO Alfalfa 7!

This is essentially an end run around the Supreme Court Decisions that limited EPA authority!
and the EPS had decided to ignore 170 Members Of Congress!

We have seen this time and again! Its one of the oldest tricks, its looking like a way to get inroads into
the farmland ...imo.

“EPA and the Corps have attempted to make an end run around two Supreme Court decisions that limited their authority under the CWA by issuing a draft guidance document giving field staff a plethora of approaches to make jurisdictional determinations.www.cattlenetwork.com...

To learn more you can read here:

Stop The Clean Water Act

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join