It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the United States had a scientist as president, would all problems be solved?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Not to rain on your parade buddy but Angela Merkel of Germany, the current Chancellor of Germany (equal to POTUS in terms of position) came to power with a background in natural sciences. She studied physics.

Germany is not doing well under her rule. There are many other examples on this particular combination (science/presidency all over the world.

You better rethink your theory.
edit on 8-9-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If the United States had a scientist as president, would all problems be solved?

Um, no.

Get five scientists in a room and you'll end up with 10 different opinions.

What we need is a farmer. They know hard work, can seal a deal with a handshake, and spit without getting it on their shoes.

I agree. The thought of a scientist as a president is almost scary to me. I think of scientists as always using and abusing in order to win rewards favors like endowments and prestige. Or just all the guys who work for Monsanto, or the drug makers, Dow chemical---in general, the scientist does not seem to care much about life. They are the ones who keep all those beautiful creatures in cages and do experiments on them---no, no, no!

A farmer is a good idea, Ron Paul is kind of like a farmer, very down earth and real. He is honest and he is a doctor who cared about children and life---

But gee, if I think of scientists I think of people like Mengele---scary scary! and they are aways trying to manipulate and play God--- always--- even when they discover a new energy or a new something they always turn it into weapons and use for destruction---

it seems to me, like most of them are always working on something evil! or just not good---

In a weird way, if you really think about it, they are (most of them) all about control not about freedom. although they profess to be open minded, in reality they are not, they are trying to force life into their mold of thinking.

No, no no! whew, the whole idea makes me wonder if there is any 'career' type that would actually be good for the job. Not preachers! not religious types, not science types, not atheists, not professors, not poets (they always have hell bent agenda one way or another) Farmer might be the choicest idea --- interesting--

But I do like Ron Paul and I do think he would really be able to turn this Ship around and bring us to New Lands of Freedom and opportunity and genuine, authentic Liberty for ALL (not a shout, just an emphasis)

Love to all, SweetMystery

edit on 8-9-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

A politician needs to be a good actor.
A good decision maker.
And a good negotiator.

I don't know of many scientists that can do all that.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Oh, just reading this again and someone just reminded me here, we did have a peanut farmer, Jimmy Carter, as president and he was really not very good--- I am old enough to remember him, and I thought he was a very kind and had a good heart, but he I guess he was quite a very liberal democrat and brought the country into an economic slow down. So, point being, farmers are not much better than anyone else--- I still think Ron Paul is our best choice this time around--- for now--- just seems like politics and government is corrupt as it is all based on false concepts in the first place---authorities who have no real authority, government that just want power and control---I mean that we are all beginning to see that 'some other guy' is not to be put on a pedestal---the 'real authority' is within each of us, and we are starting to recognize that. the Real government is within us, not out there, the real government is our own Divine Power and Light within-- Its Something Spiritual in our Hearts, part of our own soul---

Maybe the collapse of our faith in leaders will turn us around to find the Leader is our Own Selfhood---Each has a divine guide within them---and we are not supposed to be relying on 'false idols' as in governments and rulers and Popes and Kings and all the lies we have bowed to and allowed to tell us what to do and tell us who we are--

Ok, preach over!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
lol, if the country had a scientist for a president hed probably just fall over freak'n at home much stuff is out of wack panicking that he couldn't save the world from xrays and stuff, lol. thats like havin bill nye just tear it up.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hell no.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
No, nothing would be solved, because science is heavily flawed as it was created by man.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Not to rain on your parade buddy but Angela Merkel of Germany, the current Chancellor of Germany (equal to POTUS in terms of position) came to power with a background in natural sciences. She studied physics.

Germany is not doing well under her rule. There are many other examples on this particular combination (science/presidency all over the world.

You better rethink your theory.
edit on 8-9-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

Well she's also a protestant

So.....that kind of kills the whole point of science.

But there are many OTHER athiest scientists who would be great choices, if they did want to run.
The past 44 presidents have been nothing but morons, and none of them were scientists, yet no one criticizes that.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sweetmystery

Originally posted by beezzer

Um, no.

Get five scientists in a room and you'll end up with 10 different opinions.

What we need is a farmer. They know hard work, can seal a deal with a handshake, and spit without getting it on their shoes.

I agree. The thought of a scientist as a president is almost scary to me. I think of scientists as always using and abusing in order to win rewards favors like endowments and prestige. Or just all the guys who work for Monsanto, or the drug makers, Dow chemical---in general, the scientist does not seem to care much about life. They are the ones who keep all those beautiful creatures in cages and do experiments on them---no, no, no!

A farmer is a good idea, Ron Paul is kind of like a farmer, very down earth and real. He is honest and he is a doctor who cared about children and life---

But gee, if I think of scientists I think of people like Mengele---scary scary! and they are aways trying to manipulate and play God--- always--- even when they discover a new energy or a new something they always turn it into weapons and use for destruction---

it seems to me, like most of them are always working on something evil! or just not good---

In a weird way, if you really think about it, they are (most of them) all about control not about freedom. although they profess to be open minded, in reality they are not, they are trying to force life into their mold of thinking.

No, no no! whew, the whole idea makes me wonder if there is any 'career' type that would actually be good for the job. Not preachers! not religious types, not science types, not atheists, not professors, not poets (they always have hell bent agenda one way or another) Farmer might be the choicest idea --- interesting--

But I do like Ron Paul and I do think he would really be able to turn this Ship around and bring us to New Lands of Freedom and opportunity and genuine, authentic Liberty for ALL (not a shout, just an emphasis)

Love to all, SweetMystery

Really?
But it should be the other way round.
I'd be relaxed with such a brilliant person as leader.

Well the people who work for monsanto, aren't the ones leading monsanto, those scientists, need to make a living.
It's the lawyers, and commerce people who run companies like monsanoty, bayer.
Scientists do care about life, we're the ones who make the vaccines that keep you alive.
Well we could use embryonic stem cells instead of animal testing, but religion is getting in the way of that.
A farmer would be a bad idea.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Well she's also a protestant So.....that kind of kills the whole point of science.

Protestant? Are you for real or what? Have you ever encountered a European protestant? I have, because I am in Europe now. The only time they attend church is on weddings, baptisms and funerals. The rest of their life they never open a bible or give christianity a single thought. Buddy, your arguments are unscientific (eg. shows lack of proper research). You are obviously one of those going with your gut feeling. Btw...how did you do in your science class? Did you even finish college?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
all politicians have at least 1 PHD in B.S.

what more do they need?

really, a scientist most likely won't have certain skill sets for the job.

you ever watch movies?

you think einstein would have made a good prez?

i totally doubt any would want too give up their work for that job!

edit on 9-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

so you are advocating atheists only for high gov positions?

and you think that would be better for the usa?

not sure i like that idea.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Well she's also a protestant So.....that kind of kills the whole point of science.

Protestant? Are you for real or what? Have you ever encountered a European protestant? I have, because I am in Europe now. The only time they attend church is on weddings, baptisms and funerals. The rest of their life they never open a bible or give christianity a single thought. Buddy, your arguments are unscientific (eg. shows lack of proper research). You are obviously one of those going with your gut feeling. Btw...how did you do in your science class? Did you even finish college?

Your in europe?
Good for you, i really wouldn't care if you were with jesus in heaven.
Yes i've encountered many european protestants, they are just as militant and psychotic, as any other religious kook, all im saying is that i prefer to keep my leaders, religion free, we need change, not another religious idiot, practicing or not.

You come in and suggest angela merkel, mocking the thread idea, you complete missed the point.
Try michio kaku, scientist + athiest.

I haven't finished college yet, still another year to go, thanks for asking though, preciate it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Most politicians are lawyers.

That right there is a good reason not to vote for them. Lawyers are automatically trained to spot, manufacture and use all the loopholes in the law they can find. It's what they do for a living!!.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

so you are advocating atheists only for high gov positions?

and you think that would be better for the usa?

not sure i like that idea.

Yes i am.
It would not only be better for the usa, but the world as whole.
We need someone who's not distracted by fairytales.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
all politicians have at least 1 PHD in B.S.

what more do they need?

really, a scientist most likely won't have certain skill sets for the job.

you ever watch movies?

you think einstein would have made a good prez?

i totally doubt any would want too give up their work for that job!

Einstein is dead.
But i was thinking more along the lines of Bob Lazar.

Genius at work right there.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

how many scientist atheists do you know who want the job?

you think these guys/gals are normal gregarious people?

lol!!!

you want to be mick jagger you can not be some librarian.

you do what these guys did, if your smart.

tom scholtz, (boston) MIT, or brad roberts (crash test dummies) Uof winnipeg,

hawking would love to be PM of UK, right?

he could give a rats, kiku would love it too, someone ask them?

what one you want at the top of their game to go into politics?

dr. Kissinger?

anyway, you have to prove these guys don't believe and then they would not have a chance for the job.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

ya, just what he wants, more BS's to add after his name.

it's amusing your argument about scientists, not gonna happen.

these guys just want to do their job and what they like.

what you would get for applicants are some discredited, broken down, has beens with dubious intentions and qualifications.

and maybe closet catholics!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

You come in and suggest angela merkel, mocking the thread idea, you complete missed the point. Try michio kaku, scientist + athiest.

Atheist is the correct spelling, not athiest. Perhaps you should finish college first and speak about science later. You get my point?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join