It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry Physically Reprimands Ron Paul During Debate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus
[Sidebar: Ron Paul hasn't practiced medicine for almost 40 years, nor is he running for a position related to medicine, so why do people keep referring to him as Dr. Paul? It is a faux pas to refer to people by defunct titles, especially when they are succeeded by later titles of more prominance (Congressman). It is entirely unrelated to his political career and just comes across as petty.]

Because they honestly think calling him Dr. makes him seem smarter. I have read more than enough posts on here trying to put Paul up on some kind of genius pedastal just because he has that title that he has not used in decades.
I think it is hillarious because I have a Phd in art history but I have never asked anyone to call me Dr. no matter how much smarter it makes me sound to stupid people easily dazzled by titles. I care not to impress those people. Paul fans are different. Very different.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I didn't say it wasn't threatening. It may or may not be. I said it wasn't physically reprimanding because we have no way to know the context of the gesture. The picture with Huntsman also could have happened before or after the 'altercation'. You are assuming he was 'seperating' them, but again, we don't know the context. Maybe he came to join the conversation. Maybe they called him over to dark his opinion. It is fine to draw your own conclusions, but it's not fine to assume that the conclusions you have jumped to is the only correct one and that no one could possibly draw a different conclusion.

What am I supposed to research? What can I possibly research that could tell me what is happening I'm those photos?

Sure all of the things you said are technically possible, but even out of context highly unlikely.

It was a physical reprimand, right? No.. he didn't spank him. He did grab him and point his finger and bark at him. That much seems obvious. That would be physical reprimanding him, right?

The items you were curious about, Huntsman involvement, etc.. I am referencing the reports that the pictures came from. The reports are biased as they are coming from Ron Paul fans in the crowd.

When Perry approached Paul and grabbed his wrist, Paul's bodyguard watched the situation very closely. Perry's mannerisms caused him to move for a reason wouldn't you think?
edit on 9/8/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by Akasirus

Putting his hands lightly? what are you trying to diffuse a massive situation here?

It is unpresidential to act the way Perry did, his body language and glaring eyes shows what he meant, the man in the forefront of the first picture was identified as John Baeza, Ron's bodyguard, why did you think he had to show up during a mere commercial break?

Yes, it is wrong to get ahead and say assault but Perry did get physical, especially if Paul did NOT want to be touched or had a condescending finger in his face.

Would you want that? I sure wouldn't.

The difference here is an emotional and (several times over) out-of-control man and one that is calm and collected in situations regarding the public light. That is what is should be discussed here.

No one has issued a statement about what went on, all we have to go by is a couple of still frames. Everyone is reading a lot into these very ambiguous photos, and taking way too many liberties to arrive at their conclusion. Many people are even going as far to put imaginary thoughts and feelings in Ron's head. Really? How can anyone know what Ron or Perry was thinking from a couple of stills?

The pictures don't clearly show anything, in reality there a number of possible situations these could show. You are welcome to make your own assumptions about what the photos show, I just have a problem with people assuming their conclusions are the only correct possible interpretation.

Why is this a massive situation? Debates can get very heated, it is obviously a very intense situation. The fact is that without knowing what was actually said here, or seeing what actually went on there is no way to know if anyone was being threatened or reprimanded, or if 2 people just got a little heated. It is very easy to take a couple frames out of a a couple thousand during the commercial break that look bad.

I am not a fan of Perry, nor do I have a problem with Paul, this just really doesn't seem like as big of a deal as many are making it out to be, without more information to substantiate any of these claims.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
Yeah make abortion illegal and pretty soon birth control will be illegal.

DING DING DING DING DING

Anti-Abortion Groups Push To Outlaw Contraceptives By Redefining Personhood

A fringe anti-abortion group, Personhood USA, has been startlingly successful at pushing forward legislation across the country that would redefine life as beginning at the moment of fertilization, effectively outlawing contraceptives like birth control pills. Although the medical community has long been in agreement that fertilization does not mark the beginning of a pregnancy — fertilized eggs must first be implanted, and only about half of fertilized eggs actually result in a pregnancy — a growing number of lawmakers are supporting Personhood USA’s efforts to buck medical expertise and legally define life as the moment a sperm meets an egg.

If they succeed in passing such a law — and if such a law survives judicial scrutiny — it could turn common forms of birth control into the legal equivalent of a homicide.

Welcome to Right Wing Paradise where you have to have children no one wants to take care of so we can call them leeches later and kill them in the chair

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

I agree with you. I am not for making it illegal, and neither is Ron Paul. I am personally against it 90% of the time, but I DO NOT think it should be some over-arching Federal law.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Keep Yo hands off my Paul!!

Perry is just the type of dim moron the CIA and TPTB would love to have in office.

It's not even worth debating who should be our next Commander and Chief..Simply cause the man deserves a shot. Really people, how do most Americans fall for the same crap every 4 years?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

No one has issued a statement about what went on, all we have to go by is a couple of still frames. Everyone is reading a lot into these very ambiguous photos, and taking way too many liberties to arrive at their conclusion. Many people are even going as far to put imaginary thoughts and feelings in Ron's head. Really? How can anyone know what Ron or Perry was thinking from a couple of stills?

There are like 5-7 stills out there.

There is enough out there to make a reasonable assumption hence why I told you to research it.

Not trying to sound like a smug bastage... just saying..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

If this got out, I think this would show the public who Perry really is, and it would destroy his political career.

If that were true i would take it upon myself to print as many copies of these pics and stick them on every wall within a 10 mile radius of my house!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by mudbeed

I agree with you. I am not for making it illegal, and neither is Ron Paul. I am personally against it 90% of the time, but I DO NOT think it should be some over-arching Federal law.

Ahh I get you.

Sorry I didn't before.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Trust me, he does not want to "F" with the Ron Paul army...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Perry has proven himself as just another goon like the Dems and there ilk,when you can't debate in a civil manner then get ugly and hatefull.

This guy is a RHINO threw and threw and most likely to be the next Potus because people are still under the spell of professional politicians............................people still don't get it,the "sheep" in people won't be knocked out of them tell the brown shirts are a knocken on there door.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sevensight

He is an honest politician and people like to respect honesty.

When people call him Dr.Paul they are respecting the work he did as an air force flight surgeon and being an OBGYN, often providing cheap/free medical care to those who could not afford it, he deserves respect, like any other professional that takes their work seriously and passionately.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
This is a little off topic, but as I was looking for what they might have been talking about, I came across a page on the debate and it said this

- Perry won applause from the audience for saying he never struggled with whether any of the inmates executed during his time as governor might have been innocent. As of Wednesday, 234 people have been executed in the 10-plus years that Perry has served as governor of Texas, the highest number of any U.S. governor. The very mention of that statistic drew applause.

How could anyone seriously not consider and struggle with that a bit? Also who applauds execution statistics?
Here is the link, it mentions Perry and Paul at the bottom, but no more information.
www.sacbee.com...

I'm not saying this in defense of Perry, but why do you think that is? You are asking how anyone could consider the death penalty for people convincted of some of the most heinous crimes. Perhaps in your mind, we should just let all the terrorists go too, hmmm?
Oh, that's right, in your mind Tea Partiers are the terrorists. That right there is a reason for me to be against the Patriot Act.
edit on 8-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Perry has proven himself as just another goon like the Dems and there ilk

And guess what? He WAS a Democrat before he was a Repubican. So what does that potentially make him?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

None of that is as insane as the post debate show. The whole debate was a DNC setup. MSNBC has a lot of nerve representing that as a news channel.

I in particular liked the part where they tried to say 9% is more than 15.3%. These are the people giving us the news! Sickening!

A well know Confidence Person as a news anchor.
Comcast has lost its mind. I thought they were going to clean that mess up. I wonder what they get in exchange from the DNC and Obama?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Insecure people point with fingers and need to compensate for their lack of confidence.

Rick Perry is case in point.

Originally posted by Tgautier13
A picture is worth a thousand words.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b71e4441578.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sevensight

Notice the inflammatory usage of terms like "fringe" when describing Pro-Life groups?
For the record

Physicians across America -- and around the world -- are now confirming that the Pill, IUDs, Depo-Provera and Norplant cause early abortions.

First, a look at the Pill. Research shows that in many cases the Pill causes early abortions -- abortions the mother may not even know she's having. You may find this shocking, but the facts are clear after reading Randy Alcorn's book, titled

"From medical textbooks and pharmacy references, to statements from the Pill-manufacturers themselves, this book proves, beyond any doubt, the abortion-causing action of birth control pills. This book should be read by everyone interested in knowing the truth."

"Does the birth control pill cause abortions? Using research results from medical literature, Randy Alcorn has convincingly shown that the answer is `yes.' He has, with care and compassion, given us the truth. The question for us as Christians is how we will respond now that we know."

www.prolife.com...
edit on 8-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You make it a habit to miss the point.
That or you can't read. Normal people would struggle with this because there is the prospect of putting an innocent person to death which is alluded to. If you don't spend any time thinking about it as a compassionate human being you aren't good for the job from a democratic/humanist point of view. Adversely you are great for the job as an unthinking nazi (not hyperbole here for once) that has to be efficient at letting people be killed without ever considering them.

Btw a man on death row was recently freed because he was innocent (though they made him plead guilty to the charges before they let him go).
edit on 8-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Thank you for that post.

I went and did some reading, MDI wiki. Pretty fascinating stuff.

Total world production of MDI and polymeric MDI is over 2 million tonnes per year (Mt/a). Major producers include BASF, Bayer, BorsodChem, Dow, Huntsman, Mitsui, Nippon Polyurethane Industry and Yantai Wanhua. All major producers of MDI are members of the International Isocyanate Institute, whose aim is the promotion of the safe handling of MDI and TDI in the workplace, community and environment.

Sounds more like a way to create a fixed market where they can protect each other's interests while keeping anyone not in the III out of the picture? Just a shot in the dark there. They look like huge polluters honestly, despite the rhetoric against that assertion. No doubt there is some really fishy stuff going on, there always is when this type of setting is depicted.

Then I went on over and checked out some stuff on the Jon Huntsman, Jr. wiki.

I saw clear evidence of a major conflict of interest right out in the open.

In addition to his public service, Huntsman served as an executive for the Huntsman Corporation, the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, and CEO of Huntsman Family Holdings Company.

President Barack Obama nominated Jon Huntsman to serve as the United States Ambassador to China on May 16, 2009, noting his experience in the region and proficiency in Mandarin Chinese.

Check this out!

Welcome to Huntsman China (official website)

Huntsman expects its sales for differentiated chemicals to grow by more than US$1 billion in China and throughout Southeast Asia over the next two years. But throughout the Company’s rise to prominence in the global chemical industry it has kept firmly in place the core values on which Jon Huntsman founded the company. Its Asia Pacific operations are no different.

Their market clout in China is growing! What a coincidence!

This spider web gets complex fast though. As is common in giant global corporate conglomerates.
A random article that shows the depth of globalization, and Huntsman's tentacles
That random article is full of 'keywords'. Leads on further research.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
reply to post by getreadyalready

I really like Ron Paul I will vote for him, but I think he could have done better in the debates. Its not 100% his fault he was blackballed but I think he made the mistake of trying get all of his opinions out at once during that one bit. However his closing statement was really his defining moment. After they tried pulling that hunger children crap they were trying to pin on him.

well, in that case maybe he is pretty smart, as he obviously learned from past experience how the media treats him. He just took advantage of the only moments he knew he'd have. It's better that way. More punch to every line.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join