It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican military flies over South Texas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
With some of the attitudes put in here BY AMERICANS, its no wonder terrorist cells can sneak into here so easily....

YOU JUST DONT CARE

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

The "fix" is so simple, yet our politicians and the special interest groups don't do it. In my opinion, it's treasonous. We're busy protecting South Korea's border, the Afghanistan/Pakistan border, and other borders around the world, but for some reason we can't seem to seal up our own borders. It's obviously by design, and that's truly sad.

I doubt the Mexican military crossing the border should cause much concern. Their reasons for doing so is at least primarily tied-in to helping fight the phony Drug War, the war to control drug traffic. There should be some concerns, however, about the amount of civilians that are easily able to cross the semi-permeable border, perhaps bigger and different concerns than most have in mind though.

You do notice it is by design, and correct that it's reasons are sad. Once upon a time temporary foreign labor was brought into the US to help with crops harvesting and construction labor. They were taxed and paid Social Security and were protected by labor practice laws. Most first-generation immigrants were shown to be hard workers with few complaints, less so their offspring that were raised and schooled in American institutions.

Many of those qualified workers had the audacity to file for Social Security benefits when they became eligible, and labor leaders began pushing for better working conditions for them along with better wages and benefits to rival other American workers. The solution to this was to close the avenues of legal immigrations but permit undocumented workers easy access to those jobs in the US, thus skirting benefits and working conditions requirements. This is the system now in place.

Closing down the borders to migrant workers is a dog and pony show for the public, a boon to the corporate farmers, and a platform for grandstanding by politicians. The workers still get paid but cannot claim benefits. The farm labor unions are helpless to organize the undocumented workers so the "elites" make out, the workers get paid, and Joe Lunchpail gets to blow off steam about a straw scapegoat. Everyone is happy, sort of.

The Mexican military is the least of your problems as it is doubtful they pose a threat to your national security. They are just helping their American counterparts in controlling drug traffic.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

yes i am following this accidents, i would be worried too. my affirmation referred to air traffic. the only thing texas can do, is have their own national guard.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Did you read yesterday´s thread about why the u.s.a. is the most hated country in the world?
Read your comments, full of double standards, racism and paranoia.
And the worst part is that you just don´t get it. The rest of the world can read and say "wow, how can they think like that" and you just won´t get it.
Right now, while reading this, you won´t get it and probably nasty answers will come.
But face it, you people think that getting army and planes and war and desolation in other countries is ok, and you explain it by "doing it in the name of freedom", but if one helicopter (with permission) get a few meters or kilometers inside your border, ¡Oh my gosh! ¡That is really wrong! ¡How do they dare!? ¡Let´s shoot them down!

Really, how can you not perceive yourselves?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
almost half of this country belonged to them from the get go. we took it from them with blood on our hands same as we did the native americans. no i not frightened that their military flew into texas. as far as i care mexico can have texas back. its a god awful state with the worst police ever. so chew on that one

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
as far as cartels go well we have some in our own country THE UNITED STATES GOVERMENT.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So, lets see if I get this right.. correct me if I am wrong.

It is ok for the US to fly over other countries, to even put bases in those other countries, and change their governments, kidnap their citizens and keep them hostages for years.

But it is not ok for others to do the same to the US?

Well, lets also look now who is doing it back on the US... CHINA... they are installing their own special zones in America.

To be honest, it is about time some other country started putting bases in America.

America can give it out, but it cannot take what it dishes out.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Anonymouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mastercanto

Did you read yesterday´s thread about why the u.s.a. is the most hated country in the world?

Nope. Sounds like a personal issue.

Read your comments, full of double standards, racism and paranoia.

When you have no valid statement to make, declare the opposition racist. The initial argument is sure to be lost in the collateral damage to ensue.

Look - I'll be honest with you, the vast majority of any population are not even worth considering in terms of sentience. You're merely husks of memories and information to be extracted and exploited, in my eyes. You're tools to be used, cared for, and disposed of accordingly.

The color of a skin or the heritage of your irrelevance is only a matter of curiosity by comparison to your overall utility. I find my equals (and some superiors, quite rare) in all colors and lineages.

So - just let it be known - if you think I'm being a racist, it's because of the particular demographic being discussed; my criticisms of Africa are the same criticisms of many trailer parks and urban slums.

And the worst part is that you just don´t get it. The rest of the world can read and say "wow, how can they think like that" and you just won´t get it.

Get what? Why should we think according to some other person's standards or behave exactly as they wish we would?

But face it, you people think that getting army and planes and war and desolation in other countries is ok, and you explain it by "doing it in the name of freedom", but if one helicopter (with permission) get a few meters or kilometers inside your border, ¡Oh my gosh! ¡That is really wrong! ¡How do they dare!? ¡Let´s shoot them down!

If they have permission to be here, obviously they are not going to be shot down (at least, not without some serious misunderstandings).

The thing is, here in America, the people get to formulate opinions on things and affect policy through their elected representatives. In this case - the people (at least on this forum) seem to be of the opinion that the U.S. should be handling more of its own security matters and should not be granting the Mexican military such freedom to operate within our borders.

There is no double-standard with that. Hell - Guam is such an important strategic base due to the fact that many European and Arab nations will not grant us access to their airspace as a matter of policy - and we respect that.

Really, how can you not perceive yourselves?

This, right here, is where your reality gets shattered.

"You Americans apply double standards and get so bent-out-of-shape over some other military having crap in your airspace, yet look at what you do around the world!"

And yet, simply within that statement, you are applying a double standard. It's okay for you (and other countries' citizens) to get upset over the actions of the U.S. military... but not okay for American citizens to get upset over the actions of a foreign military.

This, my friend, is why most people fit the classification of "tool" to me. You lack a critical amount of self-awareness.

Me? I'm an elitist prick with a god complex - or, rather, have given up trying to sound as though I'm anything but. It tends to simplify social interaction and expedite the data-extraction process. People are naturally repulsed by arrogance and seek to throw their knowledge at it in hopes of defeating it, allowing me to observe and emulate their logic patterns and recount experiences later.

It's pretty efficient at dealing with people who feel they need to assert their status of equality with me. Other methods are necessary for dealing with other types of people.

That said - a little introspection goes a long way. Me - I enjoy self-diminutive humor - it's the perfect counter to my arrogance and is used to point out flaws in my own reasoning while applying a humorous context. An imperfect god should at least be able to recognize and laugh at his own flaws, no?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

Actually no...

Spain made first claim to the southwestern US...
but the The Pueblo Revolt of 1680, or Popé's Rebellion, was an uprising of several pueblos of the Pueblo people against Spanish colonization of the Americas in the province of Santa Fe de Nuevo México....
in other words we native americans drove the spanards out...

Mexico was new Spain back then... Mexico didn't become a nation state until the 1800's

On September 16, 1810, independence from Spain was declared by priest Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla, in the small town of Dolores, Guanajuato.[46] The first insurgent group was formed by Hidalgo, the Spanish viceregal army captain Ignacio Allende, the militia captain Juan Aldama and "La Corregidora" Josefa Ortiz de Domínguez. Hidalgo and some of his soldiers were captured and executed by firing squad in Chihuahua, on July 31, 1811. Following his death, the leadership was assumed by priest José María Morelos, who occupied key southern cities.

So your wrong... the Mexicans never owned...Spain did

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Jajajaja I most admit you amused me.
Semi-gods don´t need to talk about themselves.. and yes pretended arrogance is just a clue for a cry for emotional help.

Is the real arrogance what makes the thread scary, not your intended-to-be-arrogant stuff. Again, you must have to be non-u.s.a. to get it.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Not too happy about this.

Now, I suppose you could argue that the situation is so grim that they need the staging ground and the US gets perks in Mexico, etc. But at the same time letting other countries' militaries fly around and conduct exercises on US soil? Huh-uh.

It sets a bad precident. Other countries (*cough cough creditor nations like China* cough) might start getting ideas.

And then there is the whole thing of just softening us up for the borderless NWO, chipping away at our concepts of sovereignty...ho-hum, another nation's miliary deployed in our country, no biggie, Mexico does it all the time....

Any of our Texan brothers and sisters want to weigh in on this insult to the Republic?

Yes, they asked, we said ok, Problem solved.

a Mexican government official confirmed that Mexican military helicopters have permission to use Texas as a staging ground for missions into Mexico to fight drug traffickers.

"Yes, I can tell you they exist, they are going on," said the official, who has knowledge of the flights. "Certainly, for the last couple of years," he said, noting that the U.S. government also has permission to fly unmanned surveillance planes in Mexico.

Please hold back the urge to stir it up when there is no real reason to. We have the US border patrol agents and other departments on the job working in co-operation with the Mexican authorities to handle the drug cartel and immigration issues.

Thanks.
Neph

edit on 6-9-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Anybody know why we simply do not send in our seal teams to Mexico, take out the Cartel leaders. Put this problem behind us in a 45 minute military operation. And we can all stop worrying about crime on the boarders. And if it continues, we "rinse and repeat" until problem is officialy gone. Not sure why this is not an option. We did it with other countries like columbia.

edit on 6-9-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Because they're busy securing oil interests in the Middle East. Don't forget we just lost a bunch of SEAL's a few weeks ago.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

While an array of U.S. federal and state agencies declined to comment, a Mexican government official confirmed that Mexican military helicopters have permission to use Texas as a staging ground for missions into Mexico to fight drug traffickers.

If this Mexican government official is telling the truth, then I don't see the problem. I'm all for helping our neighbors in Mexico fight these murderous drug cartels, and if that means they need to borrow some airspace to do it, so be it.

I mean, Jesus, after putting thousands of guns in the hands of the cartels through "Operation Fast and Furious," we're lucky the Mexican military HASN'T taken action against us!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
Anybody know why we simply do not send in our seal teams to Mexico, take out the Cartel leaders. But this problem behind us in a 45 minute military operation. And we can all stop worrying about crime on the boarders. And if it continues, we "rinse and repeat" until problem is officialy gone. Not sure why this is not an option. We did it with other countries like columbia.

...below is a documentary that explains how your little "rinse and repeat" solution is a monsterous one which, btw, has been used MANY times all over the world by usofa forces...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Is there ever a day that goes past that somebody doesn't huff puff about patiotrism and being the best and the world leader and saving everybody around here?

It gets old fast you know.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Anybody know why we simply do not send in our seal teams to Mexico, take out the Cartel leaders. Put this problem behind us in a 45 minute military operation. And we can all stop worrying about crime on the boarders. And if it continues, we "rinse and repeat" until problem is officialy gone. Not sure why this is not an option. We did it with other countries like columbia.

Yeah, I know why....

Because the CIA "cartel" is making too much money off this drug trade. The US will only do so much...our ABC agencies are more interested in arming the cartels than stopping their activities.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Yeah, I know why....

Because the CIA "cartel" is making too much money off this drug trade. The US will only do so much...our ABC agencies are more interested in arming the cartels than stopping their activities.

The cartel is the police. They money can be followed all the way to the president and all previous presidents. It would be impossible to replace the entire government and all the citizens. They are all in on it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

aha you are right forgot that one. i know the mexicans and some tribes of the americas got along with native americans.

as well had a few battles with them as well. so who did live in the texas area before the spanish other than mayan incan and aztec.

i have seen many mayan dances and the remind me alot of native american dancing and praying.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join