It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican military flies over South Texas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by InshaAllah
almost half of this country belonged to them from the get go. we took it from them with blood on our hands same as we did the native americans. no i not frightened that their military flew into texas. as far as i care mexico can have texas back. its a god awful state with the worst police ever. so chew on that one

Same as we did native Americans? Don't leave them out of that.

Spain destroyed the most advanced and populous native American civilization, the Aztecs.

Slavery and disease killed more Aztecs than native Americans lived north of the Rio Grande.

Between wiping out the Aztecs and Incans, Spain managed to kill tens of millions of native Americans. It was such a massive die off, the record would not be broken until the genocides of the 20th century.

Chew on that.

edit on 6/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: r

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by Partygirl

Mexicans are our brothers and sisters as well. Everyone on the planet is a brother or sister.

Some of your Brothers and Sisters want to kill you because of where you live, what religion you may belong too, your nationality or your skin color.

I agree with you as long as you accept the fact that not all people have good intentions towards you and you must protect yourself against them.

Some of our Brothers and Sisters are Terrorists, murderers, rapists, child molesters, Dictators, insane, drug dealers in Cartels and.....................................

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

almost half of this country belonged to them from the get go. we took it from them with blood on our hands same as we did the native americans. no i not frightened that their military flew into texas. as far as i care mexico can have texas back. its a god awful state with the worst police ever. so chew on that one

We did no such thing. That is a lie both literal and intellectual. People who are no longer living, who lived in a different age and culture did that.

Holding people now responsible for things that happened before they were born is completely irrational. It is a view held by Bigots in fact.

Source of below at Wikipedia

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing sex, race, ethnicity, religion or spirituality, nationality, language, inter-regional prejudice, gender and sexual orientation, homelessness, various medical disorders particularly behavioral disorders and addictive disorders. Forms of bigotry may have a related ideology or world views.

Personally I think the citizens of Texas are likely crushed by your comments and you have put them in their place with your remarks. The suicide rate in Texas will likely skyrocket in light of your opinions.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

i not frightened that their military flew into texas. as far as i care mexico can have texas back. its a god awful state

so who did live in the texas area before the spanish other than mayan incan and aztec.

...i might have answered your question (even tho so its easily found online that an elementary aged child could do it) - but - considering your low-brow ignert concept of texas - - - - nevermind and, please, dear, dont ever visit...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

They money can be followed all the way to the president and all previous presidents. It would be impossible to replace the entire government and all the citizens. They are all in on it.

Were you speaking of the US or Mexico? I suppose if you were speaking of either or both it would still be just as true.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Really interesting.

I'm thinking that it simply is not safe for the Mexican military to stage from inside their own border.

As far as a bad precedent...
The Mexicans want to regain control from the drug lords, and don't want US encroaching; so an agreement to provide their military safe staging on US territory seems like a very reasonable solution-- and a friendly act at that.

The fact is, the Mexican government has lost autonomy in the border regions, and it is in the US interest to help them get it back.

I think I like this idea. If I lived closer to the border, I would be tempted to grill some burgers for the crew while they fuel their helicopters. Good guys are good guys-- I don't mind them landing here. I miss being able to cross into Mexico for fun and shopping. Those were good days-- ruined by the danged drugs cartels.

Mexico is a good neighbor, the drug lords are not.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Uhm...

Yeah, that is kind of the modern view, but it is not historically accurate.

The Mexicans in Texas were native Indians of various warring tribes. They became "Mexican" because Mexico said so. They didn't care. Mexican government was white European and did not give a rip about the native Americans.

Most people (both US and Mexican) confuse the US war in 1845 with the Texas Revolution of 1836. They are not the same and they are not related. The issues and causes were very different-- so were the troops. Texans don't confuse them.

My two Texan heroes are Sam Houston (who loved the Indians and hated slavery) and Juan Sequin. How many know the name of the latter? American's don't, but Texans do.

That history is ignored by so many so as to advance bigotry is very sad, and so often it is done in the name of calling other bigots.

Post Script: I forgot to add, Yep. Some of the police in Texas are awful. But for the most part, the State Troopers (DPS) are genuinely good guys.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Frira because: PS

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira
Juan Sequin. How many know the name of the latter? American's don't, but Texans do.

...yeah but we usually spell his name right - seguin, as in sah-geen...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yeah but both the Mayans and Incas were far more advanced than The Aztecs. Just saying. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
did someone really just ask if Mexico really has a military?
wow, seriously?

Anyway...
I'd feel much safer with the Mexican military flying over my head, than I would the US military.
Any day.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yeah but both the Mayans and Incas were far more advanced than The Aztecs. Just saying. ~SheopleNation

The Mayan civilization collapsed centuries before the Spanish showed up. By the time the Spanish showed up, they were warring city states far from the glory they once held.

The Incans built their empire on the ruins of the Kilke and Tiwanaku, earlier more advanced civilizations that collapsed about the same time the Mayans collapsed.

By the time the Spanish arrived, the Aztecs on the other hand built the massive city of Tenochtitlan roughly 100 years prior. It was an amazing feat of engineering, similar to Venice. It held a population possibly over 300,000 making it one of the largest cities on earth.
edit on 6/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: q

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
mexico has a military? like...with planes and stuff??

LMAO, mexican military. I hate to tell you this but the mexican military works for the mexican drug cartel, the two are synonimous. They gonna take over the U.S. by making us all high and hooked on their drugs and then they will do to us what we did to the native americans, trade drugs for land (althought with the natives we traded alcohol but hey, its still a drug).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I think this and all the other recent incursions by mexican military and police into the U.S. are probes to see just how for athey can go and how much they can get away with before we react with force.

This is exactly my train of thought as well. I see the incursions as having a double meaning. So far, even with heavily armed Mexican military units crossing, the reaction on the US side has been subdued to almost zen like lol.

I eventually see the possibility of Mexican "military" units accidentally crossing, only to take US law enforcement hostage and drag them back across the border. The notion the cartel wars are only confined to Mexico is naieve at best.

I dont mind cooperation with Mexican officals, and if the Us government / State governments are privy to and allow Mexican forces to stage on the US side im ok with that as well. However, we need to keep an eye on whats going on and not become complacent (which I think we are being based on our repsonse to date).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mastercanto

The one failing issue in your argument is you seem to leave out the foreign government.

When the US is invited in / approved to be their by a foreign government, your argument fails. As in this thread, its apparent some of the crossing are not accidental, but are instead part of an agreement between Mexican and Us government officals that deal with the drug war in Mexico.

The exception is the crossing an escalation of force, naemyl against US citizens, with no provocation.

So while you and others like to lay the blame at the door steps of the Us government, yuo seem to ignore the other part of the argument, which is cooperation by the foreign government.

Any reason you ignore that part?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SmallGreyAlien

love your comment, well put

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by Ghost375

Any of our Texan brothers and sisters want to weigh in on this insult to the Republic?

Mexicans are our brothers and sisters as well. Everyone on the planet is a brother or sister.

This is true on both a very abstract and a very concrete level, but its not so meaningful in the middle. By this I mean, yes we are all equal in the eyes of the Lord and on very abstact moral (but secular) planes as well, etc. This is the abstract level. The concrete level: in one-on-one personal situations, we can shine in this way too, reaching out to each other as equal individuals. But national politics is NOT applicable to either of these levels. Politics isn't about impossible standards in an ungodly world, nor is it about being "friendly." It takes place in a different realm of human experience.

tell yourself whatever you want, but that kind of mindset just makes you sound like a weak pack follower. "oh i know that we're all 'technically' the same physiologically and spiritually but according to the game, they're on another team soooo..."

if you can acknowledge the inherent bond we all have as humans and then side with a concept like nationalism as trumping it, then you have lost my respect on these forums. that's a conscious decision to take the low road.

Advocates of one-worldism or a borderless world are very high-minded, but they don't realize that other people are nowhwere near as high-minded. Open your home to all comers and see what condition it is in a week later.

Sounds like you're also in the boat with those who are "low minded." Tell me, what condition would our home be in? I'm curious as to what kind of horrible outcome you foresee from being generous in nature, rather than hoarding our resources and fighting off the rest of the world like hungry beggars. I'm sure the "share the love" route would probably garner more anti-american sentiment than our current foreign policy in which we use the world as a military chessboard.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
where are the texas militias and why was it not shot down?

should we be expecting joint operations from north korea and iran next?

somebody needs to remind them why they need to inform the public of these kinds of things.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
They are just bringing over helicopters full of drugs to keep the drug war going is all, CIA orders, nothing to see here move along now.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I have a feeling this is totally legit in the fact that they are working with US military/LE in drug operations and this is just a way to include them and build confidence in these kind of operations. I don't think its anything to worry about and if anything it may help us build a better relationship.

What I do worry about is...so many corrupt officials and military/LE personnel that one may be on the chopper or aircraft gaining intel on us.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Unfortunately casualties do happen in war. However, if these people would have taken the initiative and rebelled and revolted against the tyrants in the area, instead of them allowing them to control their lives, they may have an idea of what is to have and obtain freedom. Additionaly, they wouldnt need armed forces from other countries to come in and clean house.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join