It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican military flies over South Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
No big deal here. Let Mexico fight there own drug war. What are they gonna do Invade....thats already been done. and a fence was built to keep them here.Let them fly, we might even sell them some F-15's. Sorry, those went to Iran didnt they??? My bad

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmallGreyAlien
reply to post by Partygirl

well, look on the bright side, atleast they`re not bombing your country back to the stone age and stealing all your oil
ya`ll can give it out but cant take it
we stopped taking it in like when was it about 1812 I think!!! man you almost made me laugh

edit on 6-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
love the way our government tells us things.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

It's not "our damned border" it's A border. It's Mexico's border just as much as it is ours. It's the US land on this side of the the border.

Perhaps I should rephrase:

"It is our land that happens to be adjoined to land owned by another country. We can do what we want with our land up to the adjoined Planck-length."

Since I was only referencing our territory, it makes sense to refer to our territory that adjoins the territory of another nation as "our border." I'm not suggesting a part of another country be considered ours. That would be silly.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
I'm not suggesting a part of another country be considered ours. That would be silly.

Didn't the US do this once before? Isn't that how they got the US?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The US uses the World as a staging ground but allowing another to use the US as one isn't sitting too well with the citizens I guess.

"Do as we say and not as we do' seems to be the rule here.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Would you like some cheese with your whine OP?

We commit war crimes and run guns to dopedealers.

Lets end the hypocrisy sooner than later.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Not the entire US. We bought Alaska and Louisiana, note Louisiana was much bigger than the little boot we have now.

We annexed Hawaii after a coup. Texas was annexed after a revolution. We use to have Cuba and the Phillipines after a war with Spain in the 1890s. We still have Guam, GITMO, and Puerto Rico from that war though. I guess the 40 year long insurgency by the natives after the US Civil War should be mentioned as well, wasn't much of a real war though.

The US Southwest though was annexed from Mexico after the Mexican-American war in the 1840s. We could have annexed the whole thing, we had defeated them and US Marines occupied their capitol. They are lucky we didn't or are they?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
The US Southwest though was annexed from Mexico after the Mexican-American war in the 1840s. We could have annexed the whole thing, we had defeated them and US Marines occupied their capitol. They are lucky we didn't or are they?

en.wikipedia.org...

This was a controversial proposition for two reasons. First, idealistic advocates of Manifest Destiny like John L. O'Sullivan had always maintained that the laws of the United States should not be imposed on people against their will. The annexation of "All Mexico" would be a violation of this principle. And secondly, the annexation of Mexico was controversial because it would mean extending U.S. citizenship to millions of Mexicans. Senator John C. Calhoun of South Carolina, who had approved of the annexation of Texas, was opposed to the annexation of Mexico, as well as the "mission" aspect of Manifest Destiny, for racial reasons. He made these views clear in a speech to Congress on January 4, 1848:

[W]e have never dreamt of incorporating into our Union any but the Caucasian race—the free white race. To incorporate Mexico, would be the very first instance of the kind, of incorporating an Indian race; for more than half of the Mexicans are Indians, and the other is composed chiefly of mixed tribes. I protest against such a union as that! Ours, sir, is the Government of a white race.... We are anxious to force free government on all; and I see that it has been urged ... that it is the mission of this country to spread civil and religious liberty over all the world, and especially over this continent. It is a great mistake.

(bold emphasis added)

edit on 6-9-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

That should be a testament to the short sightedness of racism.

If the US incorporated all of Mexico in the 1840s, it would have brought stability, prosperity and development. Yet the racists were happy to let Mexico collapse into civil wars, dictatorships, revolutions, and get invaded by France.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Probably dropping off another drug shipment or picking up some more guns thanks to E Holder and Co....

An American citizen should shoot one of Mexico's choppers down, it's an act of war IMO...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The U.S. also paid big money for that.

Mexican Cession of 1848 (after a U.S. "retreat")

How does that affect today's situations ?

The drug cartels don't care about old agreements !

The Mexican Cession of 1848 is a historical name in the United States for the region of the present day southwestern United States that Mexico ceded to the U.S. in 1848, excluding the areas east of the Rio Grande, which had been claimed by the Republic of Texas, though the Texas Annexation resolution two years earlier had not specified Texas's southern and western boundary.....

The United States also paid $15,000,000 ($298,310,309 in 2005 dollars) for the land, and agreed to assume $3.25 million in debts to US citizens.[2] The land ceded by Mexico is 14.9% of the total area of the current United States territory. ...... Mexican Cession

the old maps are worth looking at !

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

"Not too happy about this. "

How do I feel about some guy in a helicopter straying across lines bankers drew on maps?.. cant muster any. If it happens to be the tip Mexicos invasion sword thrusting into Americas under-belly.. the new dickwad can't be much more inept as the last few... hola amigos!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

well, look on the bright side, atleast they`re not bombing your country back to the stone age and stealing all your oil

Obviously we can take it, as we've been taking up the rear for the last few years by allowing another nation's military force invade our country without even the threat of arms.

Seriously, why aren't these helicopters in smoking ruins? Why aren't these military personnel riddled with bullet holes? It makes no sense to me.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

(In my best Crocodile Dundee impression.)

Thats not a combat plane.

This is a combat plane.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e55859f29337.jpg[/atsimg]

One EM pulse would make this fall out of the sky

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/838731de89dd.jpg[/atsimg]

While this would probably still be flying, giving Mexico air superiority

edit on 6/9/11 by yellowbeard because: removed unnecessary p

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

ya funny guy, you are!

what if we just blow them out of the sky like good "freedom" fighters?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tlasalt
Oh your so right imagine allowing another military to fly in you own backyard.

You do realise that the US does this in every corner of the globe don't you?

Have you heard of the;

Twelve years after the Soviet collapse, America reportedly had 702 overseas military bases in about 130 countries and another 6,000 bases in the United States and its territories. That report failed to include a number of so-called secret bases and bases in the Middle East. "Due to government secrecy, our citizens are often ignorant of the fact that our garrisons encircle the planet.” Chalmers Johnston, military historian

Source

tlasalt
edit on 6/9/2011 by tlasalt because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/9/2011 by tlasalt because: Linking to source

better us than the russia or china, ya think?

ron paul will sell them to the arabs.

seriously, they have the money he wants to give back to the US and screw what happens.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Only in Hollywood or video games does an EMP work so well.

In reality, military systems have been shielded and hardened against EMP for a number of years now.

A microwave pulse would knock the Mexican helicopter out though.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Any of our Texan brothers and sisters want to weigh in on this insult to the Republic?

Mexicans are our brothers and sisters as well. Everyone on the planet is a brother or sister.

This is true on both a very abstract and a very concrete level, but its not so meaningful in the middle. By this I mean, yes we are all equal in the eyes of the Lord and on very abstact moral (but secular) planes as well, etc. This is the abstract level. The concrete level: in one-on-one personal situations, we can shine in this way too, reaching out to each other as equal individuals. But national politics is NOT applicable to either of these levels. Politics isn't about impossible standards in an ungodly world, nor is it about being "friendly." It takes place in a different realm of human experience.

Advocates of one-worldism or a borderless world are very high-minded, but they don't realize that other people are nowhwere near as high-minded. Open your home to all comers and see what condition it is in a week later.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

hey,
i dont understand why it bothers you. Planes from all over the place fly into american airspace when they need to. So what is wrong with some helicopters doing it...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join