It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican military flies over South Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Rule of law. Some of us like rule of law.

I'm from the American southwest. I've seen things change even in my short life. Not always for the better. Not usually for the better. But I like to think I strive for a balance in my thinking.

All over the world there is a push for internationalization and wherever this sets in standards of living crash, poverty and corruption soar. protection of the people against powerful interest becomes impossible. I want to live in the United States. not the New World Order, or the Oceania-Eurasia-Eastasia Prosperity Bloc, or...well, you get the pic. I hope.

You know, the concept of NATION means a lot to people. My parents and uncles generation, everyone served. My dad was an Army ranger, my brother was in the Army too (not combat but still served) and the idea of the United States means a lot to people I love, and people I love in our community, and me.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I found some footage! haha

I live in Texas and i dont think there is too much to be worried about by Mexican military coming near the boarder. If anythign I am more worried with the non restricted trucking traffic coming from Mexico.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I know 'nation' means a lot to some peeps and i was not trying to knock it. I am in to minds about globalisation. I
dont like walking down the high street here in the UK and finding the same shops if i cross the water to France or Germany. Everything is ending up looking the same. I guess the tv we get is doing the same things to our values too.
However things we do in one country can affect the whole planet, the world seems a smaller place every day. We kinds now live in a global community. Nationalism has its place but it tends to breed seperation, this can be used to fuel wars and racism. Really this needs to stop we cant keep doing things these old world ways of these old world ways will finish us...
I dont have the answers, but i do know its pretty messed up...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

With all the other threads touching on this topic, one of them did talk about the permission. Apparently the Mexican and US government have an agreement that allows certain Mexican Federal Agencies / Military to cross the border and use US territory to prep and stage their raids / actions / etc against the cartels.

Apparently when it was being done in Mexico they had leaks that tippedoff the cartels. Apparently its harder for them to get accurate info when they stage on the US side.

With that being said, accidental crossings are occuring at a higher frequency that has nothing to do with the operations. The most recent had Mexican Federal Police, armed, forcing an incursion onto the US side, and fired at US citizens in the area before they retreated back across the border.

If the Federal government is not going to do their job of protecting US citizens, then the border states should use their guard units to do it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So,whats the big deal,USA flies aircraft over other nations.I am cool with this.Maybe the mexicans are supporting La Raza in the upcoming Aztlan civil war.

Texas originally was controlled by Mexico,till USA came and annexed it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
So,whats the big deal,USA flies aircraft over other nations.I am cool with this.Maybe the mexicans are supporting La Raza in the upcoming Aztlan civil war.

Texas originally was controlled by Mexico,till USA came and annexed it.

The full name of Texas is the Republic of Texas. Why is this you ask? Because Texas fought a war and won against forces from Mexico. Texas was its own country prior to the US annexing it, which is why they are afforded a little bit more autonomy in some areas than other states do.

For example Texas can break itself into 5 smaller states without congressional approval.

Also, you guys need to get off the excuse that because the US does this, Mexico can do that. Mexico is not crossing the border because we are using drones in Pakistan. The US is not attacking Mexico because we are at war with Al Queida.

They are seperate incidents, as well as sovereign nations.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
i live on the border between slovenia and italy.if slovenian army copters are operating along the border, they often need to maneuver above our house in italy, and there are specific treaties about this. it's not that they are violating your country, it's just that a jet plane can't stop dead on the border. they ask permission, flyover and go back.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutante
i live on the border between slovenia and italy.if slovenian army copters are operating along the border, they often need to maneuver above our house in italy, and there are specific treaties about this. it's not that they are violating your country, it's just that a jet plane can't stop dead on the border. they ask permission, flyover and go back.

In the cases with Mexico though its Helicopters. Also there are no barriers present that would force a mexican or US helicopter to violate airspce in order to get from A to B.

In addition to helicopters, we had mexican federal agents cross and fire on US citizens before they retreated back. We have also had some instances where trucks carrying mexican military personnel (armed) crossed at the border crossing, stopping on the US side.

In one of those incidents the truck was returning to mexico. Before they rentered mexico, they stopped on the bridge and started searching vehicles heading to mexico. Problem is they were still on the US side.

Accidentally crossing a border is one thing. The frequency its occuring in now calls the accidental term into question, since it seems amything but.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oooh intelligence! Very refreshing on a hot sumer morning. Thank you.

A more interesting comparison to me is how America treats immigrnts from its southern neighbor (Mexico) versus how Mexico treats its southern-border crossers (Guatamala). There is information out there on the internet about this, it makes for some interesting googling,
edit on 6-9-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So when America crosses over Mexican borders it's ok? But when Mexico does the same thing it's bad?

Yes...it is

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yeah I always chuckle to myself when I see Mexico interfering in US Domestic state issues by challenging immigration laws and the treatment of foreign nationals.

The level of hypocrisy involved is just astounding. Even our worst case immigration scenarios are a cake walk compared to Mexican immigration laws and the treatment their southern neighbors get.

God forbid if the US or Mexicos southern neighbors object to Mexican laws, since in Mexico domestic issues are just that, and outside foreign intrests have no standing what so ever.

If you are crossing Mexicos southern border and get caught, your not looking at deportation. Your looking at prison time upwards of a decade. I am all for working together with our neighbors. However some lines have to exist, and those lines must work both ways.

In this case, Mexico is holding the double standard.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I took a picture of a Mexican helicopter sitting over Mount Cristo Rey in El Paso. The reason I photographed it is because I have never seen a helicopter just hover at 1000 feet, not going anywhere. I can't get it off my cellphone.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So when America crosses over Mexican borders it's ok? But when Mexico does the same thing it's bad?

Except when has the U.S. done this?

Links please. Reputable links, that is.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by Partygirl

Not too happy about this.

But at the same time letting other countries' militaries fly around and conduct exercises on US soil? Huh-uh.

It sets a bad precident.

The US routinely hosts a number of foreign nations to conduct exercises on their test ranges. Mexico is stil assumed a "friendly nation." Do you think they flew into Texas to start trouble?

I think this and all the other recent incursions by mexican military and police into the U.S. are probes to see just how for athey can go and how much they can get away with before we react with force.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Not too happy about this.

Now, I suppose you could argue that the situation is so grim that they need the staging ground and the US gets perks in Mexico, etc. But at the same time letting other countries' militaries fly around and conduct exercises on US soil? Huh-uh.

It sets a bad precident. Other countries (*cough cough creditor nations like China* cough) might start getting ideas.

www.mysanantonio.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Really? That's your point as the United States conducts joint military exercises in other countries whose people are not always thrilled with the idea of American aircraft and armour rolling around their countryside.

Nice to know how it feels, hm?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Well fare is fare...

the US now flies Armed predator UAV's into Mexican airspace every day...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Hell once TPTB activated NORCOM Making Mexico our southern security zone the US went so far as to establish and new American intelligence agency there...
see this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Heck it was wiki leaks who first told us the 101st air cav was down there training Mexican special forces...

what's one little plane compared to all that???

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

One of these little things is sealing the Southern border!

Bringing the troops home from the Middle East and having them patrol the border would be a win-win, don't you think?

I wish I could star this comment a million times. The "fix" is so simple, yet our politicians and the special interest groups don't do it. In my opinion, it's treasonous. We're busy protecting South Korea's border, the Afghanistan/Pakistan border, and other borders around the world, but for some reason we can't seem to seal up our own borders. It's obviously by design, and that's truly sad.
edit on 6-9-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Fixed the "Quote" area....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Why is everyone threatened by some mexicans? you guys act like they are carrying ebola virus. lmao

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mutante

Yes, but the Slovenian Army doesnt cross the border and shoot at Italian Carabinieri officers and then claim it was an 'accident'. Slovenia also doesent claim entire chunks of Italy.

As several other posters have indicated. These border crossings by the Mexican military are no accident. They keep upping the ante to see how far they can go before we will react with force. It's pretty obvious to me that they are probing our border defenses. Each crossing seemingly involves more and more troops - in 2000 they would come over with just 1 or 2 trucks (which could very well be a legitimate accidental border crossing) in the middle of the desert, 11 years later they are now crossing with platoon and company size forces in populated areas. Just last month an entire Mexican Army infantry platoon breezed right past a US Customs port of entry in Brownsville, Texas and the Customs inspectors were like "wtf?".
edit on 6-9-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

Nahhh, not Ebola.

Tuberculosis - YES!
Increased Crime - YES!
More debt - YES!
Kidnappings - YES!

Right now, Ebola is the least of our concerns when it comes to illegal aliens.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join