It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is gay marriage a Trojan horse?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by discharged77

When all rights are equal it will be enough... so long as any minority group is denied the same rights as the majority, you will have this... I suggest you read, and I mean REALLY read, the US Constitution... Every citizen should have the exact same rights, freedoms and protections... To imply otherwise is un-American. Plain & Simple!

You are ignoring the entire legal purpose of marriage.

What you want is a civil union like they have in Sweden.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

You debunked nothing, except in your own mind... EQUAL MEANS EQUAL! Are you saying that heterosexual couples who cannot or choose not to have children should be stripped of the married tax structure? And in case you haven't noticed, the population is GROWING at a rapid pace, even with us not 'reproducing'... I don't think the future tax base is in peril... Now YOU have been debunked... Thanks for playing!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Oh PLEASE inform me, Oh Great One!

You might also want to consult prior Supreme Court Precedent... Separate but Equal doesn't pass the Constitutionality test....

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If this is the case then do you believe that heterosexuals that choose not to have children should not get tax rights? There are plenty of them out there that do not want to procreate, besides my partner and I want to have a kid. Ironically enough we want to care for a kid that a heterosexual gave up. hmm.. what is wrong with this picture?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

No when a sitcom or children's show has a person from an interest group such as a minority or a gay person it is social conditioning.

They make these shows to get people used to seeing these people in every day situations and to show you that they are just like us. They drink the same beer, laugh at the same jokes etc.
Not everyone is exposed to these people in a positive manner so the purpose of this is to show you that there are positives.

Its like how in the last decade there are numerous sitcoms and children's shows with Muslim or east Indian characters.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
But this is not about "equality" is it? It goes a lot deeper than that, does it not? The real question is where does it stop?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
more talk about gays.
I for one do not care what people do, live and let live, and pretty much everyone I know feels the exact same way. We do not like having a lifestyle foisted upon us. The parades, the protests, it gets a bit much. And to be honest, while i support the rights of gay people, like the rights of everyone, I have to admit that it is hard to keep from gagging at the thought of what gay people do, just the way I am. So I don't really want to have to think too much about it. Sorry if that offends anyone here.
the issue of "marriage" is a bit of a stickler for me. I am all for unions. I am happy to see gay people have the right to go to a justice of the peace and get a certified union, one that legally stands up when needed. But church marriages are not okay with me. It goes against traditional christianity, and I have as much of a problem with the churches that would perform such a marriage before God as I do the gay people that seek such a union before God. It seems hypocritical for a gay to want a church wedding anyway. The Bible states it is sinful, so why go to Him to have it blessed?
I know my views are not shared by all, and try not to be too rude with me when replying, just sharing my point of view. Rights in a constitutional aspect is something that should be guaranteed, religious right to gay marriage should be denied - at least in christian, Bible following religions.

link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Oh PLEASE inform me, Oh Great One!

You might also want to consult prior Supreme Court Precedent... Separate but Equal doesn't pass the Constitutionality test....

I already did.

Learn to read.

And LoL when did I ever mention debunking anything here?
You are way too emotionally invested to converse rationally.
edit on 4-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Have you noticed how Hollywood tries to sexify Mexican women in movies as of late?

I personally find it disgusting.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Or you could just look up the word.

en.wikipedia.org...

Xenophobia, along with a fear of foreigners, is also the fear of that which is foreign or strange.

So good job there, bud. Homophobia is just a focused form of Xenophobia. It's why youngsters are usually homophobic, but most of us these days grow up to know gay people and as such, have no reason to hate or fear them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by crypticcloud

If this is the case then do you believe that heterosexuals that choose not to have children should not get tax rights? There are plenty of them out there that do not want to procreate, besides my partner and I want to have a kid. Ironically enough we want to care for a kid that a heterosexual gave up. hmm.. what is wrong with this picture?

I didn't make the rules, I just challenged others to step outside their own point of view (that of outraged homosexual most likely).

The State does not give a damn about fair or equal. They just want power over others, so if you can't turn gay marriage into a power grab then I don't know how you will do it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Its true, they take whatever racial boogyman from the current time and either make them comic relief, sexify them or dress them up and parade them around.

They always have the token reference to each persons religious or cultural background or some cliche.
its designed to stand out and get noticed.

The Jews do this quite often. You can't watch a sitcom without hearing the word barmitzfah at some point in the season
edit on 11/9/4 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

No you didn't. If you had, you would have contributed more that two or three line posts in this thread. So far you have explained NOTHING. You have only displayed your dislike for homosexuals... and I'm still waiting for your opinion concerning heterosexual married couples who cannot or do not produce children and yet still gain ALL of the legal benefits given to those who enter into the State sanctioned legal contract called marriage... Gee, I think I just wrote more words in this ONE post than you have in all your posts COMBINED!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by BrianC

No when a sitcom or children's show has a person from an interest group such as a minority or a gay person it is social conditioning.

They make these shows to get people used to seeing these people in every day situations and to show you that they are just like us. They drink the same beer, laugh at the same jokes etc.
Not everyone is exposed to these people in a positive manner so the purpose of this is to show you that there are positives.

Its like how in the last decade there are numerous sitcoms and children's shows with Muslim or east Indian characters.
But the thing is that they are not like "us" to the majority of Americans. Most Americans do not condone the gay "lifestyle" even if the sitcoms portray gays as clean cut, all American people that are just attracted to the same sex. Most people are not that stupid and do not buy this crap that pro gay Hollywood types sell on TV.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

When did I say I don't like homosexuals?

Typical emotional argument, just make things up. . . .

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Only need to read your posts to figure that one out! I mean really, how stupid do you think we are?

You really think that you and your narrow-minded opinion bother me 'emotionally'???

Dude, it's all mind over matter.... I don't mind, because you don't matter...
edit on 4-9-2011 by JaxonRoberts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

awww, that is a bit harsh. Being gay doesn't make them "Not like us". "They" are like us in so many ways. Granted, their differences can be hard to take, but the similarities are many.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Or you could just look up the word.

en.wikipedia.org...

Xenophobia, along with a fear of foreigners, is also the fear of that which is foreign or strange.

So good job there, bud. Homophobia is just a focused form of Xenophobia. It's why youngsters are usually homophobic, but most of us these days grow up to know gay people and as such, have no reason to hate or fear them.
I have a funny feeling that you are under the age of 20? It is showing my friend. Why dont you relax, maybe listen to the new Lady GaGa album and cool your jets. Your use of the word Xenophobia in this case makes no sense, pick a better word from your liberal catch phrases OK.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I just noticed that you are one of those who think that poor people should be denied the vote (from another thread). You are awfully selective on whom you think deserves ANY rights in this country... Are you sure you are an American??? You sound like a Fascist to me!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123

awww, that is a bit harsh. Being gay doesn't make them "Not like us". "They" are like us in so many ways. Granted, their differences can be hard to take, but the similarities are many.
You are taking me out of context, I was referring to the feelings of a lot of Americans when confronted with this issue.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join