It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is gay marriage a Trojan horse?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The problem here is that the "Gay Rights" people don't want equality, and they don't want benefits, they want an official stamp of approval on their lifestyle.
A friend of mine worked for Bank of America back in the 90's when activists were pushing them to recognize 'domestic partners' on their insurance plans. BofA went a step farther, they basically said that their employees could cover anyone they wanted (spouse, domestic partner, sibling, family member, roommate). They proudly unveiled their capitulation and sense of equality, only to have the same Gay Rights protesters double their protests. Why? Because they want to be recognized as special, just like marriage, not just given all the same rights and benefits along with everyone else...
It's the same reason they hate domestic partnership laws, even though in some cases (most) they are actually superior to marriage. Actually, I wish I could divorce my wife and get a domestic partnership, we'd have all the same rights and benefits without the additional tax burden. But I can't, because the Gay Rights lobby made damn sure that it ONLY applies to SAME SEX couples.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No but I'm sure the Trojan man benefits from gay marriage
lol

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
No but I'm sure the Trojan man benefits from gay marriage
lol

I very much doubt that.

Its called down and dirty.

Reminds me of a local radio station and a bit they used to do called the soggy bottom boys.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Its like any special interest group though.
IMO when a group calls themselves a group they are segregating themselves from normal society instead of the other way around.

I could never wrap my head around why people can't just be people no matter what race, gender, sexual preference or religion they belong to.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If you mean it's a big trap to destroy our country then yes. Yes it is.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

You're twisting things around..

Gay people do want equal marriage rights as heterosexuals.
Your thread's already debunked, thanks for playing.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

It just comes across to me as never being enough to satisfy them, no matter what.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

You're twisting things around..

Gay people do want equal marriage rights as heterosexuals.
Your thread's already debunked, thanks for playing.

I think the problem is that the "special" treatment that marriage provides is aimed at maintaining the population and raising a family.

If you can't reproduce you are only worth the taxes you generate. Do you get it now why gay marriage is pointless?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I am not twisting anything. It seems to me this is about a lot more than marriage rights.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! It is about, and ONLY about equality. Please try to get that through you thick skulls. Let me give you a real world example of why we want this:

I had two very good friends who were together for over 20 years. When one of them came out to his family decades earlier, they completely disowned him. He has not spoken to them in over two decades. One day he had a stroke and went into a coma. Since legally he and his partner were nothing more than roommates, his family had to be informed to make medical decisions. They forbade the hospital to allow his partner to even visit, and basically refused to allow the hospital to do anything other than the bare minimum. They also never came to the hospital. Two months later he passed away and the family had him cremated without a ceremony and then had their lawyers inform his partner that he could either cough up half the money that the house they had purchased together was worth, or it was going on the market immediately. He had ZERO recourse because they could not marry. Had they been allowed to marry like straight people can, none of this would have happened, and quite possibly he could have lived. He sure as hell would not have died alone in the hospital.

This happens all too often, and it is the PRIMARY reason we want the equal right to enter the contract of marriage with the partner of OUR choice. It has nothing to do with 'making you accept' our sexual preference. Your acceptance is neither required nor desired.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Think about it from the State's point of view.

Why give you special tax status when you can't provide future generations of tax payers (being homosexual)

Therefore the special tax status called marriage is a waste when provided to gay couples

Its about money, follow it. . . .

And your emotional appeal about people sick in the hospital is totally debunked.
That could be solved with a civil union.
edit on 4-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

How do you figure?

They want to get married. Maybe your xenophobia tells you too much.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You are missing the point bud, this is not about if gays should or should not be allowed to have a union or not, its about that not being enough.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The problem is with ''marriage'' as a state-sponsored and legally recognised entity. Full stop.

You can get married to a man, woman, child or farmyard animal, just so long as you exchange vows ( or moos
). The idea of marriage is as a show of personal commitment and loyalty between two ( or more
) people.

There should be no legal perks or benefits to getting married. The current system is just a complete extortion racket where you can pay money to the authorities in return for special legal kickbacks.

It beggars belief that a couple, who legally married after a few hours of a whirlwind romance, get far more privileges than a legally unmarried couple who have been together for 30 years.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
oh my god NO.

WE JUST WANT EQUALITY!

LIKE EVERYONE DOES!

TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.

I'm so sick of this DIM threads about Gay rights on ATS.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
A trojan horse to what? i'll tell yo what it is.. it is the remaking of sodom and gemorrah,, pure and simple look at new york.. did you know alot of scholars call it the new babylon?? amazing especially when yu look at the statue of liberty and its symbology...

link   
The problem with gay people is the same as the problem the black's have. They have been marginalized badly, and now they have a chance to become equal. Why become equal if people have treated you like crap? Don't you deserve something more than equality? This is the mentality that prolongs affirmative action. This is the reason every new sitcom has to have a gay person in it. They aren't striving for equality they are striving for being superior.

link   

When all rights are equal it will be enough... so long as any minority group is denied the same rights as the majority, you will have this... I suggest you read, and I mean REALLY read, the US Constitution... Every citizen should have the exact same rights, freedoms and protections... To imply otherwise is un-American. Plain & Simple!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

How do you figure?

They want to get married. Maybe your xenophobia tells you too much.
Xenophobia? Are we talking about gays that are illegal immigrants? You seem to have read some Marxist propaganda and mixed it up somehow, different talking point bud.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join