It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is gay marriage a Trojan horse?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by rogerstigers

That is nice and all but what about this?

TITLE 1 > CHAPTER 1 > § 7
Prev | Next
§ 7. Definition of “marriage” and “spouse”
How Current is This?
In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the word “marriage” means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word “spouse” refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife.

www.law.cornell.edu...

DOMA was an unconstitutional SHAM. I look forward to it being forever removed from our laws.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

reply to post by rogerstigers

That is nice and all but what about this?

TITLE 1 > CHAPTER 1 > § 7
Prev | Next
§ 7. Definition of “marriage” and “spouse”
How Current is This?
In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the word “marriage” means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word “spouse” refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife.

www.law.cornell.edu...

DOMA was an unconstitutional SHAM. I look forward to it being forever removed from our laws.

Any proof?

Nothing against your opinion, there are many unconstitutional laws that should be abolished.
edit on 4-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Civil rights are civil rights, and don't presume to tell me how to debate the issue or what comparisons to make. It is EXACTLY the same. The majority is trying to deny equal rights to a minority. You were the one who proposed that homosexuals should be happy with civil unions. That is the EXACT SAME logic that was used in arguments that supported segregation. In fact, it's EXACTLY what you are proposing: SEGREGATION. I'm sooooo sorry if that makes you uncomfortable, but that's really just tough!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Any proof?

Nothing against your opinion, there are many unconstitutional laws that should be abolished.

Agreed.. there is a lot of crap in our law books nowadays that should be removed. As for DOMA, there is a plethora of information about it being unconstitutional (www.google.com...) ; however, I grant that is has not yet made it to the supreme court.

BTW, I do not find DOMA unconstitutional because of my stance on gay marriage.. I find it unconstitutional based on States rights and the proper role of the federal government. I would dislike it just as much if it stated marriage as being between two humans. It's not the Federal government's place to state that.
edit on 9-4-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Has it ever been proven to be a fact that people are born gay? There are many that argue the opposite. People can not choose what color skin or what ethnic minority they are born into, so it stands to reason they are no better or worse.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
Has it ever been proven to be a fact that people are born gay? There are many that argue the opposite. People can not choose what color skin or what ethnic minority they are born into, so it stands to reason they are no better or worse.

We do not (ideally) discrimenate against people in this country based on personal creed either (baring anything that violates other civil liberties). So the nature/nurture issue is moot.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Quick question: When did you decide to be straight? If it's a choice, then prove it to all of us, choose to be gay. You have to like it though... No just going through the motions... I mean it has to REALLY turn you on!

No one chooses their sexual preference. You like what you like. Whether it's nature or nurture, who knows? It doesn't matter, because an individual is what he or she is. They have no more choice in the matter than they do with their skin color.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Civil rights are civil rights, and don't presume to tell me how to debate the issue or what comparisons to make. It is EXACTLY the same. The majority is trying to deny equal rights to a minority. You were the one who proposed that homosexuals should be happy with civil unions. That is the EXACT SAME logic that was used in arguments that supported segregation. In fact, it's EXACTLY what you are proposing: SEGREGATION. I'm sooooo sorry if that makes you uncomfortable, but that's really just tough!
LOL, I'm not uncomfortable believe me, i have nothing personal against gays it's just I don't agree with your politics. The definition of marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN,it has been this way for a long time, it does not matter if our liberal government appeases gays in the future or not, it is not going to force the average person into thinking it is OK. Why in the hell do you need the government to condone your gayness anyway? Will it make you feel better about your lifestyle choice?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm still nor getting the Trojan Horse metaphor.
I recall that in the myth men from another state (country) smuggled themselves into a city through the "gift" of a Trojan Horse.
Pretty much everybody hates us gay people anyway, so who the hell are we gonna smuggle in?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

LOL, I'm not uncomfortable believe me, i have nothing personal against gays it's just I don't agree with your politics. The definition of marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN,it has been this way for a long time, it does not matter if our liberal government appeases gays in the future or not, it is not going to force the average person into thinking it is OK. Why in the hell do you need the government to condone your gayness anyway? Will it make you feel better about your lifestyle choice?

It isn't about being gay. It's about being able to marry the person you want to marry.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Quick question: When did you decide to be straight? If it's a choice, then prove it to all of us, choose to be gay. You have to like it though... No just going through the motions... I mean it has to REALLY turn you on!

No one chooses their sexual preference. You like what you like. Whether it's nature or nurture, who knows? It doesn't matter, because an individual is what he or she is. They have no more choice in the matter than they do with their skin color.
OK, by your logic there is no "normal". There are many groups of people in this world that like children ( NAMBLA) www.nambla.org... I am sure many of them would argue they where "born that way". Does this make it right? Do you see where this is taking things?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You made the point for me right there. "...thinking it is OK" shows that you think that what I do in the privacy of my own bedroom makes me less of a citizen, less of an American, and less of a human being than you are. It says that I am less deserving of rights, freedoms and protections than you are.

And that is were you are wrong...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

OK, by your logic there is no "normal". There are many groups of people in this world that like children ( NAMBLA) www.nambla.org... I am sure many of them would argue they where "born that way". Does this make it right? Do you see where this is taking things?

There is a differance between having a desire to screw something and entering into a contract with them for the sharing of monetary and legal benefits and responsibilities. One must be of legal age of consent to enter into a legal contract (including marriage) of one's own volition.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It isn't about being gay. It's about being able to marry the person you want to marry.

You Can't Always Get What You Want
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You made the point for me right there. "...thinking it is OK" shows that you think that what I do in the privacy of my own bedroom makes me less of a citizen, less of an American, and less of a human being than you are. It says that I am less deserving of rights, freedoms and protections than you are.

And that is were you are wrong...

Where did they say you were less of a person?

You need to stop putting words in other peoples' mouths.

It is called PROJECTION

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You are way off, I don't think any less of you as a human or American or whatever. I just don't believe in giving special rights to people based on sexual preference. It's silly comparing this to race, it's ridiculous and it shouldn't even be on the public radar.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Thanks dude, this guy is really mad and he is taking it out on me for some reason? Just because I don't believe in all this gay craziness, it's just over the top, sex is sex, the next thing you know people who practice bestiality will want to marry their horse because they claim they where "born this way"

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You are way off, I don't think any less of you as a human or American or whatever. I just don't believe in giving special rights to people based on sexual preference. It's silly comparing this to race, it's ridiculous and it shouldn't even be on the public radar.

Still not getting how this is any more a "special" right than marrying someone of a differant race...even if it is a nurture based physical bias, it still falls within protections of creed and the 14th ammendment

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So regardless of the origin of homosexuality, unless you can give a legally defensable reason why marriage should be limited to opposite genders, laws prohibiting the marriage of same genders are unconstitutional according to the 14th ammendment.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

reply to post by MasterGemini

Thanks dude, this guy is really mad and he is taking it out on me for some reason? Just because I don't believe in all this gay craziness, it's just over the top, sex is sex, the next thing you know people who practice bestiality will want to marry their horse because they claim they where "born this way"

Actually, I can give a legally defensible reason against human to animal marriage.. an animal cannot legally enter into a contract with a human

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Your assumption wrong yet again. Not a fan of Lady Gaga, she's an attention whore and her music sucks now. (Blame me, I like "Just Dance")

It's not some liberal catch phrase, Your beliefs stem from fear of the different. Seen it too many times, I have a basic understanding to the nature of irrational fear. And homophobia is one of the greater irrational fears I've seen, if not more.

I am most certainly over the age of 20. Can't deny I'm young. But I do know how to use a dictionary.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join