It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right-wing commentator: Poor people voting is ‘un-American’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by whaaa

I am thinking that uneducated people should be denied the chance to vote.

I'm starting to think that Robert Heinlien had the right idea.

You must earn your right to vote.

Typical Right wing, arrogant elitist BS. How about the uneducated man that works his ass off and pays taxes.

I'll bet you worship Ayn Rand too.

edit on 4-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

Right wing? Nope. But I do tend to lean towards the conservative side. Not a big Rand fan either.

When I say uneducated, I mean those who lack common sense. Not a grade on a paper. How we would go about grading common sense though in a rational manner is beyond me. Everyone has their opinions as to how it is applied.

I have a Brother in Law, who lacks a education, works his butt off, but is still dumber than a box of rocks.
And he still gets federal aid. "Loves Obama, he does", as the Brits say.

Maybe I should say that, instead of education, a voter should be capable of rational thinking. We're seeing where the emotional voting has been getting us, haven't we. With both parties.

But think about it for a second. If we had to earn our right to vote, we may see competiveness return in the workplace and in everyday life.

Let's face it. Not all people should be allowed to vote. (I say that based upon mental apptitude, not race, social or financial status)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

yeah tx they fain outrage about poor people

but i have yet to hear them fight for a felons right to vote.
edit on 4-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Typical Right wing, arrogant elitist BS. How about the uneducated man that works his ass off and pays taxes.

When I say uneducated, I mean those who lack common sense. Not a grade on a paper. How we would go about grading common sense though in a rational manner is beyond me. Everyone has their opinions as to how it is applied.

Common sense works for me as well as so many so called conservatives have let their ideology get in the way of their common sense and want to deny poor people the right to vote.

Need I say it again?.........Arrogant elitist BS.

but i have yet to hear them fight for a felons right to vote.

I'm all for felons voting once they have paid their debt to society. Everyone makes mistakes.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well Neo, we have all seen the stories about how felons, dead people and those with the power to transpose themselves to multiple voting booths have all voted.

But those stories usually appear after the winner has been declared.

Now there is a conspiracy!

Zombie Reagan 2012!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

You know, I was thinking about that same thing earlier today. I don't agree with the way Heinlien approached it, but I kind of like the idea. I don't really agree with the concept of automatic citizenship because I was born here... It would mean more if I had to earn it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Common sense works for me as well as so many so called conservatives have let their ideology get in the way of their common sense and want to deny poor people the right to vote.

Need I say it again?.........Arrogant elitist BS.

Lovely! You've put me in a box. I hate being confined.

Perhaps it is you who are the elitist? Have you looked into your own thoughts lately, maybe seen a conflict within yourself? That's cool, it's only human. We all have it from time to time.

As George Carlin said; "when fascism comes to America, it will not be in brown and black shirts. It will not be with jackboots. It will be Nike sneakers and smiley shirts."

Sounds like a progressive plan, not a conservative one to me.

You just keep watching that left hand, while the right hand continues to screw us.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Knock off the BS. You are just as dependent on government as the poor. If not, you would have been pillaged for all you are worth already.

You may as well be a commie by your own standards.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

You always appriciate something you earn, moreso than if it were given to you without thought.

That looks familiar? I didn't make that up did I?
I don't think so...but it sounds good.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Well Neo, we have all seen the stories about how felons, dead people and those with the power to transpose themselves to multiple voting booths have all voted.

I have not. I see people talk about that happening all the time but I do not recall those stories you speak of from anything resembling a reputable source. Does it happen often? Did it happen when any presidents were elected? Do tell and feel free to back up anything you say.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

It happens every election, on both sides, local and national...and always after the fact. Remember Al Franken? They found uncounted votes in the trunk of a car days later.

The same thing again during the recent Wisconsin State elections. Most times they are discounted. Both sides cheat and that drives me nuts.

I just believe that it should be our civic duty to rationally vote. Meaning we research the candidates and vote with our heads, not our hearts. And I believe that our individual votes should count as well.

But then, there are the Super Delegates and Electoral college that pretty much blows that idea outta the water, don't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

last time i heard there is no I in commie as in the individual

self reliance is communist wow thanks for clarifying that

sorry but the social programming didnt take with me should have thrown a few more billion dollars at the endeavor and be paid for by taxing all those evil rich folk.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by David9176

last time i heard there is no I in commie as in the individual

It is right after the second "m."
How do you not see that?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It happens every election, on both sides, local and national...and always after the fact.

I asked for specific examples.

Remember Al Franken? They found uncounted votes in the trunk of a car days later.

Name one person on the ballots that was dead, or voted more than once or any of that other stuff you mentioned. Finding them in a trunk was proof of what fraud again?

The same thing again during the recent Wisconsin State elections. Most times they are discounted. Both sides cheat and that drives me nuts.

I specifically asked that any claims be backed up. Why is that so hard to do if you have nothing but the truth on your side?

I just believe that it should be our civic duty to rationally vote. Meaning we research the candidates and vote with our heads, not our hearts. And I believe that our individual votes should count as well.

But then, there are the Super Delegates and Electoral college that pretty much blows that idea outta the water, don't it?

Cool. So you have no proof of any of what you said? The next time I ask for proof, unless you have some do not bother responding.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's the point Neo..you aren't self reliant. You depend on government to protect what you have. As i stated, you are as big government as they come.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by neo96

That's the point Neo..you aren't self reliant. You depend on government to protect what you have. As i stated, you are as big government as they come.

Police, fire, highways, weather services, storm drains, parks, etc... yep. Sure it is tax money, but it is still provided by the government. Sometimes we tend to take these things for granted.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

It happens every election, on both sides, local and national...and always after the fact.

I asked for specific examples.

Remember Al Franken? They found uncounted votes in the trunk of a car days later.

Name one person on the ballots that was dead, or voted more than once or any of that other stuff you mentioned. Finding them in a trunk was proof of what fraud again?

I specifically asked that any claims be backed up. Why is that so hard to do if you have nothing but the truth on your side?

Cool. So you have no proof of any of what you said? The next time I ask for proof, unless you have some do not bother responding.

And once again, all you do is obfuscate the issue. I have seen the various news articles in local papers, but if you are too lazy to research things that may actually be a conflict with your point of view, by all means, keep that blindfold on.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

And once again, all you do is obfuscate the issue.

By asking for proof?

I have seen the various news articles in local papers, but if you are too lazy to research things that may actually be a conflict with your point of view, by all means, keep that blindfold on.

Lazy?

I am lazy because you cannot post proof of something you claim happens all the time. You should be swimming in proof and here you are too lazy to post any of it. You ask other people to go do your research for you and call them lazy when they do not do it.

Funny. I kind of knew asking you for proof was only going to lead to you getting angry and not the simple proof you claim is all over the place.

Maybe it is because you have yet to understand what you yourself is posting? Take some time. Clean up your thoughts. Come back when you can back up the things you say without getting upset anyone asks you to.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

reply to post by neo96

Police, fire, highways, weather services, storm drains, parks, etc... yep. Sure it is tax money, but it is still provided by the government. Sometimes we tend to take these things for granted.

Do not forget national security. There is a very good and very communistic reason Neo does not pack up his money and self reliance and move to Somalia where the government would really get out of his way.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Why not limit votes to those who pay taxes? If your not contributing then you shouldn't have a say. It might save the wealthy from having to spend untold billions thru PACs. Corporations are the sole providers for millions of Americans earning a good living. Those paychecks are taxed. Why should all these dollars be taxed again and again. Profits paid to investors are taxed at 25-35%.
Granted they are not taxed on the state level, and social security and Medicare are not included. As well as disability or local city taxes or county taxes. But if you are smart enough to invest you are not going to need these services.
People who make smart sound financial choices are much more qualified to make the hard choices. Why are people having children they can't afford. Because they don't have the ability to make smart decissions.
Votes should be counted by the accumulated wealth of the individual. The more you pay in taxes determines the power of your vote. If you want to talk about fair? If you go to a restaurant and you make more than everyone else, and everyone wants to split the bill by how much they make. Well, then your going to be taken to the cleaners.
I say 1 vote for every $10,000 you have saved. Maybe then people will start solving their own problems and stop expecting others to solve them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

reply to post by neo96

Not to mention disability and social services that some here want to discount entirely and claim "self reliance"..... Hypocrites.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join