It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right-wing commentator: Poor people voting is ‘un-American’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The big problem I see is that we have the "feel good" progressives, keeping classes separated with artificial benefits and structured monies from the government.

That is how you see it, it makes the assumption that all impoverished people enjoy the prospect
of dependence and poverty. Ensuring that America does not devolve into a nation with wide
spread, third world conditions is not a feel good motivation.

It perpetuates itself over and over again. The so-called "leaders" need this class dependent on them. It keeps them in power.

Tell us then, when has poverty or suffering ever been eradicated?
I see lots of evidence that conservatives project their psychology onto things they oppose.
See, I am for feeding hungry people because hunger is a terrible thing to allow in a world as
advanced as ours.

These are whom they vote for.

Every thought???

Maybe they vote for them because the other guys want to strip away their voting rights?
Or their minimum wage?
Or FMLA
Or their ability to challenge poor working conditions

You can't be that twisted and clueless

It is a real simple concept

Now you have folks like me. Tea Party, conservatives who want better for this "class". To get these folks off the dependence of government. To provide the oppourtunity for them to be free of governmnt dole.

And your policies towards big business just blew up in America's face, hence the lack of jobs.
I think we all want people to be free from the government dole

DOES ANY MEMBER HERE WANT PEOPLE TO BE TRAPPED IN WELFARE???

And what happens?

Progressives get/feel threatened. They resort to name-calling, distortions, outlandish accusations.

You mean like a Communist, Muslim President, who is also an Illegal Alien???

So they can keep the status quo.
From my perspective, it is the progressives, that'll fight tooth and nail to keep things "separate". To insure a segregation of the classes, to perpetuate their power base.

The status Quo is an ever growing level of corporate influence over this country, it's politicians, laws
and policies.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

And your policies towards big business just blew up in America's face, hence the lack of jobs. I think we all want people to be free from the government dole DOES ANY MEMBER HERE WANT PEOPLE TO BE TRAPPED IN WELFARE???

I loved your post.

Now...

Republicans have been doing whatever they can to bust up the government...and that means JOBS. This has increased the unemployment rate....and then they point...LOOK...UNEMPLOYMENT IS UP!!!! Please ignore that corporate profits are breaking records...yet private sector isn't adding jack for jobs!!!!

They are responsible for that...yet they capitalize on it....have to hand it to them...that's a good strategy...even though it's BS.

Everyone votes for their own needs....ideology doesn't matter to most..most don't even think about it. Beezer, neo, or michigas spend their time defending an ideology because it benefits them....not because it benefits their own country and the people that live within it's borders.

Fact is, if all the poor and middle class voted...ALL OF THEM....the ideology of those I just stated would lose every single time.

They know it...so they don't want them to have a vote...or will do whatever they can to keep them from voting.

There are many i don't agree with...but we all have the right to have our say...no matter how little it may be...in our government.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

hmmmm?

Race baiting? Check

Political trolling? Check

Talking points? Check

Mindless assumptions? Check

Name calling? Check

Icould be wrong, but I take it that your of the liberal mindset?

I would think that you are another poster who has opened a second account, just to double the progressive rhetoric.

Did the commentator from the original OP say something definitely wrong...oh you betcha! But Beez has a point.

But assuming that others cannot see it for themselves and offer other means and ways of fixing our government shows a closed mind. Only you are enlightened?

One of your posts here is almost a “cut and paste” from a reply to me that you did on another post.

The one thing I believe is that the Gov’t should be there to help me and others get back on our feet if the need exists, not to take care of us. That has never worked in the history of humankind.

edit on 4-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
What did he say that wasn't true?
The poor will vote for more entitlements, it's in their own best interests. What needs to be done is to get them NOT to be poor anymore.

But what progressive would want to lose their base?
This is very true indeed, think about it for a moment, when you have people in this country that have sucked off the system for decades and have contributed zero. Who do you think they are going to vote for?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
This is very true indeed, think about it for a moment, when you have people in this country that have sucked off the system for decades and have contributed zero. Who do you think they are going to vote for?

But That's not the question is it? The question is....

Do you think the poor should have their voting rights taken away; Like Vadum proposed?

Another question....

Who should determine what section of the American citizens is qualified to vote? Especially based on income, race, sexual orientation, etc.

Yeah, think about it for a moment..........
edit on 4-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Who do you think corporations and billionaires are going to vote for...after they have sucked off the system for decades???

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
selling your vote is unamerican

if you have to bribe people for their vote then they shouldnt be voting.

alot of flack for politicians taking money and services but i hear nothing but silence and perpetuating the corruption in this thread.

i have to laugh at poor people pay taxes no income tax to speak of subsidized food, and healthcare,subsized birthcontrol etc and a myriad of other things.

if your going to be poor and then ameirca is the place.

alot of progressives preaching to the choir and since 35 what have all those programs done for anyone but the keep them where they are.

that is some sense of morality.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I saw a show once about a guy like this. On a bet, for one month, he lived on the amount of food stamps given to a single person. He also had to live in an apartment that the average single person of that wage level could afford. At the end of 30 days he had lost 12 lbs, and at the very end , he was crying to go back to his own home. It's very easy to have a bad opinion of a poor person when you're sitting in your million dollar home. When you have to walk a mile in their shoes, it shows you life is more than deciding which night club your going to tonight. The best people I have ever met had an income of 25,000 or less. They always invited you in to eat, ask if you wanted a glass of tea, treated you like family even if you were a stranger. The rich should never make policies for the poor.
edit on 4-9-2011 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

alot of progressives preaching to the choir and since 35 what have all those programs done for anyone but the keep them where they are.

proof?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

proof of the over 100 trillion dollars of programs that can never be paid back?

or the proof that since those programs inception poverty in this country has never been eradicated.

take your pick.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

proof of the over 100 trillion dollars of programs that can never be paid back?

or the proof that since those programs inception poverty in this country has never been eradicated.

take your pick.

Answer the question........

Should poor people be denied the vote!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

anyone who votes for something in return as in money or benefits should be denied

case in point anyone who thinks like that.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I am thinking that uneducated people should be denied the chance to vote.

I'm starting to think that Robert Heinlien had the right idea.

You must earn your right to vote.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

proof of the over 100 trillion dollars of programs that can never be paid back? or the proof that since those programs inception poverty in this country has never been eradicated. take your pick.

Poverty can never be eradicated...true....ignoring it is another matter entirely.

100 trillion dollars? where are you getting these numbers from btw?

Do you care about people in your country Neo?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That video is a favorite among sean hannity. Got any more to reflect the millions who are also left in the gutter? I'm sure you have a couple more...post em.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by whaaa

I am thinking that uneducated people should be denied the chance to vote.

I'm starting to think that Robert Heinlien had the right idea.

You must earn your right to vote.

Typical Right wing, arrogant elitist BS. How about the uneducated man that works his ass off and pays taxes.

I'll bet you worship Ayn Rand too.

edit on 4-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i have to laugh at poor people pay taxes no income tax to speak of subsidized food, and healthcare,subsized birthcontrol etc and a myriad of other things.

And I laugh at you for thinking the poor pay no income taxes it comes out of their checks before they get it. The key is how much they get back and do you even know why they get so much back? Or are you just echoing what the neo-cons blurt out. A little thing called the earned income tax credit is why they get so much back. Regan started this after giving the wealthy his tax breaks and even he could see it was unfair to the rest of the country. To get this you have to be living at or below the poverty level. So if you want to cry about people not paying taxes then put the blame where it belongs. On the GOP for making it where they are able to get so much back and to the corporations for being too cheap to pay people a livable wage.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

And I laugh at you for thinking the poor pay no income taxes it comes out of their checks before they get it. The key is how much they get back and do you even know why they get so much back? Or are you just echoing what the neo-cons blurt out.

poor people pay no income tax thats a fact and its taken out before they get their checks man im the one whose sitting here laughing.

A little thing called the earned income tax credit is why they get so much back.

ok so people who pay no income tax whatsoever get refunds all paid by other people.

i am putting the blame where it belongs government stupidty and morality pushed by corruption.

deal with it the majority of people in this thread are supporting corruption from the government and the people

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

nice deflection tactic didnt argue with what she said but bring up hannity

thats funny because you and whaa always bring up them.

and those poor people just cant fend for themselves they always need someone else "looking out for them"

instead of the only people who will never let them down or screw them over.

yes yes self reliance is evil.

i pity those who look for government to save people because they are and always will be the ones putting them there and keeping them there.

and 100 trillion the cost of social security,medicare,medicaid,welfare all welfare paid by other people and agian.

there are too many people in this thread is a seriously out of whack sense of morality all based on corruption.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join