It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right-wing commentator: Poor people voting is ‘un-American’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Mr Vadum just gave the progressives a HUGE boost.

I seriously doubt that....he (Vadum) is not a major shaper of conservative thought. It's not going to even register on the news.....Sorry to bust that bubble.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
We're not supposed to trust pols who take money from special interest groups.

YET

We allow folks to vote who take money from the government who are sponsored by special interest groups.

Lying hypocrites does not fully describe. . . . . . .

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by whaaa

I am thinking that uneducated people should be denied the chance to vote.

I'm starting to think that Robert Heinlien had the right idea.

You must earn your right to vote.

Also by Heinlein (Friday) - " What are the marks of a sick culture? It is a bad sign when the people of a country stop identifying themselves with the country and start identifying with a group. A racial group. Or a religion. Or a language. Anything, as long as it isn't the whole population. "

Can you reconcile these posts?

edit on 4-9-2011 by userid1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Mr Vadum just gave the progressives a HUGE boost.

I seriously doubt that....he (Vadum) is not a major shaper of conservative thought. It's not going to even register on the news.....Sorry to bust that bubble.

uh........

I got this information off a news site.

Try and keep up!

But anyone that has worked on a campaign before knows that "perception" is the key to winning.
I have worked on both sides of the political fence, GOP and Demb, in 3 gubernatorial races as a media guy. Hired gun if you will.
Do you think that the phrase "poor people voting is un-American" won't be used to it's full advantage? I can guaran "damn" tee you it will.

Sorry to burst that bubble, amigo.

edit on 4-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by userid1

Also by Heilein (Friday) - " What are the marks of a sick culture? It is a bad sign when the people of a country stop identifying themselves with the country and start identifying with a group. A racial group. Or a religion. Or a language. Anything, as long as it isn't the whole population. "

Can you reconcile these posts?

Of course. The folks that consider themselves progressive? Not so much.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I call you - reconcile them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Here's one from my area.

blog.cleveland.com...

I like proof as much as the next person, but in the realm of politics, if you don't pay attention, you won't see it.

You can Google "Voter Fraud" and find many examples of it...coming from both sides of the aisle.

Now when debating UFO's or such, I like to see examples, so I can research.

But denying it even happens in politics is almost to the point of being negligent.

And if you had read the entire thread, you'll notice that I did not whatsoever agree with what that "Right-wing" guy said.

But I can see the others point of view...can you? That's what makes for a good debate.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by userid1

Love that Book! And yes, we are darn near there, aren't we?

"Tis a sad day indeed.

But they are also thoughts by the author to further his storyline as well.
edit on 4-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The most sickening thing of all is how the poor people themselves eagerly line up to endorse these viewpoints! Because to "talk and vote like a rich successful conservative" has been sold as the next best thing to actually being one!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Conservatives don't really give a tinkers damn what you are, who you are or what you do.

Liberal-progressives have to categorize everything and everybody. you are a hyphanated- American to them. They segregate by race, by pay check, by education level. . . .

Again, conservatives could give a sh**!

What value are you as a person?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
All the poor people I know (and it's rather a few) want to vote for Ron Paul.

You can't really call a comment like this racist, I guess, but is there a word for classist?
Because he's assuming that everyone at a certain income level will behave the same way.
That's wrong.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
The most sickening thing of all is how the poor people themselves eagerly line up to endorse these viewpoints! Because to "talk and vote like a rich successful conservative" has been sold as the next best thing to actually being one!

People realizing they are at or below the poverty line may well be shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to entitlements, when they vote for a conservative. But I think they realize it and are taking that chance.

But maybe, they just want the chance for the government to get out of the way and let them start their own business without being regulated and taxed to death. People who start businesses employ people, even if it's only family.

I do not support any party and look into every candidate and their actions...whether the school board, Mayor, State legislator or Congressman or President. I have voted across the board, because I saw what standards they upheld, even in the face of heavy criticism.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Conservatives don't really give a tinkers damn what you are, who you are or what you do.

Liberal-progressives have to categorize everything and everybody. you are a hyphanated- American to them. They segregate by race, by pay check, by education level. . . .

Did'nt you read the OP? It was a conservative that said "poor people voting is un-American"

epic fail.........

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by userid1

Love that Book! And yes, we are darn near there, aren't we?

"Tis a sad day indeed.

But they are also thoughts by the author to further his storyline as well.

Perhaps I'm misinformed, but isn't your comment about "earning the right to vote" out of "Starship Troopers"?

If so, where are we out of sync?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think we have wandered a bit from the original op and are just debating now. It seems to happen don't it?

I still think it's fun though.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Every Conservative Right-winger currently in office dont give a rats behind about anyone in this country other than the EXTREMELY wealthy. Its so obvious that you would have to be a damn fool not to see it at the rate in which they have been showing their TRUE COLORS lately...

LOL, by the way, there are a few Right-winger SHILLS here that are so blatantly OBVIOUS that its PAINFUL. They cant POSSIBLY be as ignorant in real life as they make themselves look on these forums. PAINFULLY IGNORANT!!
edit on 4-9-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

So...Vadum is a "progressive" - interesting...can you support this?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by userid1

Yep, you are right on. But an author may take various tangents throughout their stories if it helps further them.

Just because I like, and happen to agree with the author in one book, doesn't mean I will agree with them in their next one.

As Beez said, Progressives do have a tendancy to group people.

I have a tendancy to actually look at them and listen to what they say....whether I agree or not. I try to still listen.

link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

I hear it's tough and bitter meat. It would probably just give you the trots...and you know you would be rationing the TP as is.

link   

reply to post by beezzer

Did'nt you read the OP? It was a conservative that said "poor people voting is un-American"

epic fail.........

What values do you think those below the poverty line hold?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join