It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the apocalypse happened tomorrow... I'd be happy!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Starting over would set us back a thousand years. We don't want that.These things go in cycles. The vast majority of people are good and just want to be left alone to life thier lives in peace. We must go through some tough times but we will be the better for it in the end if we do not degrade into complete chaos.

After we get through the current low point in this cycle we will make a great leap forward.

edit on 4-9-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
But would your happiness last?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
As a fairly recent convert to misanthropism I have to agree with the OP.

Humanity has done some great things, but for ever good thing, we go and do two bad things. We have a track record of self destruction. Sure, technology advances, the species has grown to massive numbers and our ideas and aspirations far exceed our abilities. We squander our resources, our environment, our lives, our freedom.

Taking a gods-eye view of humanity and from the perspective of ultimate judge, we have had countless second chances, and if all human life could disappear from the earth in an instant, the world and life left would be better off. For us to stay around in any numbers only continues to destroy our world, and should we ever leave the planet, we would bring our poison to other worlds.

No matter how you do the math, humanity will always come up short on worthiness of existence.

I don't anticipate humanity blinking out of existence, or even a biblical apocalyptic judgement on humanity. However, I do take some solace in the fact that we will destroy most if not all of us anyway. The only bad side is that in true human fashion, we will make that trek as painful as possible.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'd also be happy. But not from your weird reasoning, you seeyou are understanding the word wrong. Like most people are.

Look up what the apocalypse really refers to, and you see why i see it as desirable.

An Apocalypse (Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e. the veil to be lifted.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Nope if the Apoc happened Nov 13 Itd be kool then, *need at least a day and 3/4 to beat skyrim*

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Maybe the apocalypse will happen tomorrow. It depends on how much time I have on my hands, maybe it will be the day after, we will see. All I can say is that Armageddon can be avoided and there is still time to stop it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

I understand you completely, I'm not unhappy either, but I can not find a reason why we have chosen that way.
I find that people who say you should think to your parents, your brothers and sisters, your lover, to your children, they no longer speak about love but about Possession, we collect the feelings as we are collecting houses, cars, clothes, we think all belong to us. and this is our big mistake, we have become arrogant, we think we know everything, we have an opinion on everything, but at the same time we let our life in the hands of men and women to decide what is good or bad for us, how can we still talk about life,what is the real decision ,we are currently seeing the world changing and we are traped inside.
Some eat when other are starving, the rich and the poor don't have the same life but the same look in the eyes, they dream of having things that others have and fear to loose it when they have it, we are traped inside this circle, blind, proud and fearless...

why are we running ?

let's stop this race a moment and let's talk about life the real one...
just a simple moment ...
farway from this noisy world
away from the possession
away from pain
very far away in the silence of love

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
....we will never win.... U and me we are slaves... it will stay this way... but soon most of us will be wiped out very soon..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
A thousand or a million years is nothing, when you are dead.

The moment you open your eyes the earth will be filled with life in abundance in all it's glory.

So should an apocalypse where to happen tomorrow, I will simply embrace and look forward for what awaits.

As matter of fact, it's the way the universe maintains balance and there is really nothing we can do but live and experience this life the way it is. We create imbalance with our need for this and that, and balance shall be restored, be it tomorrow.

It's quite unpredictable, but there is probability. But one things for sure it's gonna happen one day, if not tomorrow, and time itself will not be one of our concerns, as it wont matter.

Life will regenerate within the blink of any eye, imho...

Peace...

edit on 4-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

you speak with a young, naive mind. enjoy your bliss while you can and your gym and your water fast and your overuse of exclamation points because one day you will grow up and realize we can not simply wish away our problems. I'm not trying to be rude here man but honestly, grow up some and experience life before you make such absurd comments. and btw, if your generation wants to change things may I ask what the hell you are waiting for? what's the plan man? and what are you specifically doing to enact that plan?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
'The apocalypse' is a loose term. Apocalypse just means a revelation of something that has been hidden and there could be many. What kind of apocalypse are you talking about? Revelation of alien life would be an apocalypse but would not necessarily be destructive. If thats the apocalypse you are talking about i'd welcome it.

If you mean the 'loss of human civilisation' type apocalypse depicted in the Mad Max movies then no.

We are progressing. We're not perfect but we are a child species. You are lucky to be a human alive at this time rather than the past. There is nothing noble about suffering a short life of pain, superstition and ignorance. Only the pampered think this way.

If civilisation falls it wont provoke enlightenment and give birth to a new world of sweetness and light. In this event the ruthless will dominate as they do now. There will just be less resources to go round and less of a buffer between them and you.

Its fashionable to knock the internet, technology and social media. That is the best hope for a good human future. Energy technology and free communication between populations is the key to everything.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I really wish something huge happened in near future. Do not care if enlightement or doom, just let it be something.I am bored of this world...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What just exactly do you all think we have achieved? People are still dying from hunger! Do you think we have achieved awareness and light in regards to all living things, you know... the basic fundamental feelings of our World. We havent achieved jack all! So being 'set back' really isn't a bad thing. We have technology... so what... we still destruct anything possible.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We create Technology to smash other countries up!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

if the apocalypse began tomorrow, the apocalypse as most people know of it, written about in Revelations in the Bible, there would be very few people with smiles on their faces.

there are people around the world who face their own personal end of times as drought decimates their food and water supply and people & animals are dying all around them. or their land is laid to waste as other governments see fit to send in their military power, bringing death, destruction, suffering and chaos with it. the examples go on and on. apocalypse is not a good thing my friend.

i do agree with your sentiment to follow your bliss, to enjoy what you can while you can. life is short, there are no guarantees; any one of us may not wake up tomorrow. for those of us who are lucky enough to have a roof over our head, food on our plates and the wonderful absence of fighter jets or gunfire in the background piercing our ears..yes, these are the good times.

you're right. we should be thankful for all we have. it is wise to take the time to enjoy the beauty, to go for a walk, ride your bicycle, play a board game with a friend or spend wonderful intimate moments with a lover.

i don't look forward to the apocalypse but i'm glad for the reminder to enjoy life. it's good to be reminded to count your blessings and to ponder the good stuff. i'm going outside now, to spend time in the fresh air with my wife and dog.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
What just exactly do you all think we have achieved? People are still dying from hunger! Do you think we have achieved awareness and light in regards to all living things, you know... the basic fundamental feelings of our World. We havent achieved jack all! So being 'set back' really isn't a bad thing. We have technology... so what... we still destruct anything possible.

People are still dying from hunger but a lot more would if civilisation fell. Would the end of western civilisation help people starving in africa? No it wouldn't. The answer is to lift them out of squalor not dive back into it.

You do realise that 30 used to be the average life expectancy in medieval england? All the progress in lifespan and quality of life is due to technology.

We are striving to move above our baser natures and origins. We have laws, philosophy, art. To say we have achieved jack is very foolish. We need to respect our planet more and we are making progress there, thats no reason to live like an animal. Its technology that allows us the time to pursue non survival related activities.

Nature itself has no 'awareness and light', mother nature is a vicious son of a bitch. Without technology you will be competing directly with nature to survive and mother nature will, quite literally, eat you alive.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yes, we created a monster that WE cannot destroy. Some worldwide doom seems to be the only hope hor a change.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Who's to say that we would
do any better the second time
around if we had that chance.
I just want to see an improvement
in the world we have today - its
up to all of us on an individual basis
to see it come about. Keep on living,
be peaceful and loving, teach it to
your children - they are the future.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

When you're lonely i guess you'd be happy over this.
Sigh.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

What have I done wrong?? Is it my fault that the governments of the world and the elites are destroying this world?
Why should i have to be exterminated?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join