It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wiki leaks tweeting strange codes???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Wikileak's twitter just tweeted this

RELEASE CABLEGATE2: 251,287 US embassy cables in searchable format www.cablegatesearch.net...

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Saw this on there site does it mean anything?

Mirrors
WikiLeaks is currently under heavy attack.

In order to fully protect the CableGate archives, we ask you to mirror it again. For now the best way to do so is to grab a copy of our website (generated at least once daily) and unpack it to your web-server.

You can find the most recent version here

At a later date we will provide an official list of mirrors here

ALS

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Wikileaks is a CIA operation.
If it was a legit site, the servers would go down.
Its still up now isnt it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Wikileaks is a CIA operation.
If it was a legit site, the servers would go down.
Its still up now isnt it.

LOL

still can't believe people actually believe Wikileaks is a CIA operation.

Even if it is, so what? If it leads to the dismantling of the criminal US administration and ends the perpetual war machine, then it doesn't matter who's backing it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This file "cablegate-201108300212.7z" which is 557MB is only a copy of their website. There is nothing in it that is not at "http://www.cablegatesearch.net". In fact the file is not even encrypted. Just open it with winrar and extract it. No password needed.

The reason they are releasing this is to protect all the information incase the attackers try to destroy it.

img600.imageshack.us...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Isn't it funny that anon "hacked" wikileaks?

Am I the only one that couldn't stop laughing at this, watching 2 government run "freedom" groups "fighting" each other in a desperate attempt to lend credibility to each other?

What a crock. AND you guys are falling for it hook line and sinker.

I don't even need the cables to tell you what's in them:

Israel is good and everyone else is bad
Everything Israel and the US say about Gaza, Iran, Syria, Turkey, Jordan, Iraq, and Lebanon is true
All the wars are justified
Veterans and internet privacy advocates are terrorists
Blah blah blah

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I wondered why i couldn't see anything when i open it i just get the safari logo (my browser) next to the text and when i double click to open it it says safari can't find the file. So where can i actually read at my leisure all these thousands of text documents they have supposedly released? Whats the point of "disclosure" if only a few with the technical know how can view them?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

just one question since wikileaks has started releasing files have any of them done anything to bring down ....well anyone? what makes you think that these will do any more then the last batch?

IMO wikileaks is a govt op ran by one of the abc agencies, its purpose to keep people nose down in millions of pages of text so there not paying attention to what is really going on. just my op though...

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Will have to download and mooch through later once I finally get back home

If I don't come back to edit/post a reply then it wasn't even worth that!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
if I was an alphabet government agency and I wanted to keep tabs on YOU, I would entice you to download all my secrets and infiltrate your computer while you're doing that. Of course that's probably already been done by another alphabet agency so maybe now they'll release a virus......
edit on 2-9-2011 by megabogie because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by megabogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is the encryption code for the Insurane file, as it is in AES256 format.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So which file is actually available for download? This 60gb one or the 557mb one??

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

The 557mb one unpacks to 60gb.

To the poster above you....this is not the key to the insurance file.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I saw the post on Cryptome yesterday so I downloaded the file.

The posted pass phrase:

ACollectionOfDiplomaticHistorySince_1966_ToThe_PresentDay#

worked.

The decrypted file was a 7zip file which I extracted. The resulting file is a 7G file called cables.csv.

So it is a plain text file of comma separated values which can then be imported into a database.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In a group full of conspiracy-minded individuals, would I be out of place to suggest backing up anything important before you unpack this thing?

Then back up the file too. And maybe stand back from your computer.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I posted that file its entirety here:
Wikileaks airs mystery file

2010, Feb 10
Fm Lieberman Indictment On Hold, For Now — Embassy Tel Aviv (Israel)
(the above cable is non existent I wonder why?

I have read a number of these and I still state this info is nothing more than boring useless information...So far.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I;ve had to unpack the zip in sections b/c my main drive is

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I can't believe people still give credibility to this blatant mis-direction project. File it along with Zeitgeist, David Icke, Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura, Anonymous and so on.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by galactictuan

just one question since wikileaks has started releasing files have any of them done anything to bring down ....well anyone? what makes you think that these will do any more then the last batch?

IMO wikileaks is a govt op ran by one of the abc agencies, its purpose to keep people nose down in millions of pages of text so there not paying attention to what is really going on. just my op though...

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

Where have you been for the past 8 months bro??? Does bringing down the corrupt Egyptian and Tunisian governments ring a bell? Not to mention it exposes the US' role in helping to prop up these corrupt governments.

That should at least let people know where the 'root' of the problem is.

Wikileaks is merely a catalyst. If you're going to blame someone for not bringing anything down, you can only blame yourself. Wikileaks releases this information to urge the public to TAKE ACTION.

But if people (not mentioning any names) just sit there, complain and moan that it's just another fabricated 'psy op', what good does that do? Nothing. Get off your ass and get rid of that defeatist attitude is all I can say.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrion
Wikileak's twitter just tweeted this

RELEASE CABLEGATE2: 251,287 US embassy cables in searchable format www.cablegatesearch.net...

Enjoy!

That cablegate web address is giving me "Forbidden" - looks like that pag eis down.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join