It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wiki leaks tweeting strange codes???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
No more secrets ...

BBC: Anger as Wikileaks releases all US cables unredacted
edit on 2-9-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
tryed to break it down by separating the characters of this:
AES256CBC: Gw0whe$PfehwH[W%$%0sfwFGOENqi24yHSFP[NKFwekqzcxGPAEGMq32pfewkjnwrHN]#%Fwedqkdg?WM43hgwr#$JhowdnwqQELFDWmenhwREWKwqeq$

and this is what I got, just a bunch of characters lumped together:

AESCBC: GPHWFGOENHSFPNKFGPAEGMHNFWMJQELFDWREWK

256: 00243243

256: 0$[%$%024[32]#%?#$$

wwhefehwsfwqiywekqzcxqpfewkjnwrwedqkdghgwrhowdnwqmenhwwqeq

I can only get this far, then I'm blank on what it means. This might be a complex computer code and what the purpose of it is unknown to me.

I haven't read a book on quantum physics so I'm kind of in the dark on this one.
edit on 2-9-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

Sorry to burst your bubble but the password is meaningless. Its just a bunch of random chars they strung together for the encryption password. It is literally the password that you have to put into OPENSSL when you try to unpack the file.

@People who think you need Linux to get the password into OPENSSL, in windows just right click the cmd prompt and hit paste LOL. Thats what I did and it worked fine. To unzip the file it will take SEVERAL hours however.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
****IMPORTANT*****

The cables are being deleted as I am typing this out.

I was into my search looking into Canada and the US embassies, when it showed that Canada had 34 cables...Then it changed to 3 then on my last refresh it changed to 2, then back to 3, now 2 again!

Also at the bottom of the search function, there were cables regarding USUS, and USNATO
which have now been removed!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

Also there were over 545 SECRET cables that have now been reduced to 42.

Some entity is def. manipulating these cables.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

They are probably still there but with so many people hitting that database the queries will return some false results. Even if this site goes down there will be hundreds of mirrors to back it up.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Now Canada is back to 3 and SECRET has 101

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I'm going to be honest with you, I never really paid wikileaks much attention until now. Mostly because they've been nothing but a bunch of lying, annoying esoteric people! Put up or shut the # up!

Wikileaks is about the only voice of truth left in the world. God bless the esoteric. The truth will set us free. It was announced on the MSM that today information would be released. The US leaders who have somthing to hide have called this act dangerous. Yes, dangerous to the liars. Bring them DOWN!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
first line is the hash code used, 2nd line is the tool + parameters used to decode?
Does anyone have the insurance file who can tell me whats in it?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Nope I have been using it all day without anything strange happening and just within the last 20 minutes....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
CLASSIFIED BY: Scott Bellard, Political Minister Counselor, Ottawa,
POL; REASON: 1.4(B), (D)

¶1. (C/NF) Canada "strongly supports" the U.S. approach to OAS
reform and the mandate for the next OAS Secretary General (reftel),
according to Jeff Marder, Director of South American and
Inter-American Relations at the Department of Foreign Affairs and
International Trade (DFAIT). Marder added that Canada intends to
be a "forceful voice" for reform during the March 3 Permanent
Council meeting. He noted that Canada has also already spoken
privately with Secretary General Insulza about his vision for
reform and mandate for a second term, as well as Canadian
priorities for the OAS. Marder shared that Canada "was happy" with
SYG Insulza's responses and told him privately that Canada "will
vote for him." Marder requested we keep Canada's support for
Insulza confidential.

¶2. (C/NF) Marder underlined that Canada told Insulza that they want
to see him push for "a more robust implementation of the
Inter-American Democratic Charter" and "really tackle management
reforms." He shared that Canada believes that the OAS needs a
"strong, competent, and professional" secretariat and expressed his
surprise at "how much it does with so little." Anna-Karine
Asselin, Deputy Director of Inter-American Affairs, added that
Canada very much supports the idea of "costing out the mandates" of
all OAS resolutions. She commented that it might be useful to
discuss whether the Assistant SYG should "perhaps be a technocrat,
rather than a political figure." She noted that, in her own recent
experience working with the OSCE, this "arrangement worked very
well." However, she affirmed that "real reform will require real
'buy-in' by the Secretary General and the secretariat."

¶3. (C/NF) Blair Bobyk, OAS Coordinator, acknowledged that Canada
and the U.S. need to find a coalition of likeminded hemispheric
partners to create a "chorus" in favor of a more "robust approach"
to reform. He commented that Canada and the U.S. cannot be the
only "voices calling for reform." He singled out Chile under its
new president as being particularly promising to act as a leader,
but reiterated that many voices are the key to success. He
lamented that Canada "felt very much alone" during the recent OAS
debate on Venezuelan television station closures, and expressed the
hope that the same will not occur during discussions on March 3.
JACOBSON

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
To those who aren't running Linux, you can download PuTTY which is a free Windows SSH [secure shell] telnet client. You will be able to use it to login to your shell account running SSH/SSL.. If you're lucky you can find someone kind enough to give you a free one, otherwise you may have to pay 3 or 4 bucks per month for usage. I think elitter.net offers free hosting.

With that said, this is still a waste of time. If wikileaks is truly trying to get a message out there, they need to quit screwing the pooch and just let it out.

They act like 12 year old script kiddies trying to show off to their new less educated hacker friends.

Waste of time.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Are you living under a rock? The data is out, its all over the web.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I'm going to be honest with you, I never really paid wikileaks much attention until now. Mostly because they've been nothing but a bunch of lying, annoying esoteric people! Put up or shut the # up!

Wikileaks is about the only voice of truth left in the world. God bless the esoteric. The truth will set us free. It was announced on the MSM that today information would be released. The US leaders who have somthing to hide have called this act dangerous. Yes, dangerous to the liars. Bring them DOWN!

The way i see it is quite simple.

Think of it like this;

The governments and officialdom (and corporations) wish to watch our movements, read and intercept our communications, track our vehicles...generally spy on us all, and the often cried rationalisation for all of this intrusion into our privacy and lives?

"If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear"...

OK then the question is often asked in reply to that little gem is "Who watches the watchers?"

Up until quite recently, nobody watched the watchers, and now WL has redressed the balance, the watchers cry foul!

I would say, if "The watchers have nothing to hide, they have nothing to fear from the watched taking a peek back at them"

It works both ways, and if i believed in a god, i would be thanking it for Wikileaks.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There are 4 archives of data leaks.

Only 1 has been released so far.

The "Insurance" file and other data, contained in 3 more archives - is still encrypted and the passwords have not been made public.

The releases are x, y, y-docs and z.

ONLY Z has been released so far. Archive Z is the "cablegate" release and was leaked in 2 parts.

Apparently the best stuff is yet to come and what we've seen so far is only the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Wikileaks - Twitter

I hope people can see the page without having to sign in, they have been tweeting regular within the last 5 minutes and their last 2 tweets have been some strange looking code. Anyone have any idea of what (if anything) it all means? I know thy have been apparently on the verge of releasing their archives, maybe it is some sort of key?

I decided to copy and paste their tweets in case some couldnt view them, this is the 1st one

AES256CBC: Gw0whe$PfehwH[W%$%0sfwFGOENqi24yHSFP[NKFwekqzcxGPAEGMq32pfewkjnwrHN]#%Fwedqkdg?WM43\hgwr#$JhowdnwqQELFDWmenhwREWKwqeq$

2nd 'code'

openssl enc -d -aes-256-cbc outfile

and this strange tweet popped up as I was typing this post

Start your mirrors! Tweet each mirror with #wlmir mymirrorname.org/cablegate www.twitlonger.com...

Are they about to drop an information nuke on the world??
It looks to me like some Techno-Geeks are playing games. Back in the day when I was in college we were studying advanced assembly language programming and creating code encryption software was just something to do. There is probably a club who communicate with each other in code for laughs. You can bet that Uncle Sugar's shills know about it and have already cracked it. It wouldn't be allowed to continue for long if there was anything sinister going on.

If real agents of doom were transmitting code, it would be done in plain language or encrypted fractals.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Yochuna

I think what he was saying by 'drop an information nuke on the world' was saying are we going to get to the heart of what's really driving the 'authorities' and their almost rabid attacks on Assange and WL.

IOW, are HUGE secrets about to be revealed.

That's how i read it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Has anybody got a single new cable from these files yet?

It seems a bit odd that I can't find a single new file on the entire internet.

Also for those of us that don't use torrents or piratebay, has anybody uploaded the new files onto filesharing such as rapid,mu, etc?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Interesting timing, with the 911 anniversary approaching.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

It is probably some leaked news in code form.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So what truths have you uncovered and what damage has it done to the axis of evil: US, UK, Israel & UN? After their recent escapade in Libya, nothing wiki leaks has released has done anything to deter these evil imperialists.

Wikileaks is nothing more than a psi ops or a damage limitation exercise.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join